Jastrow's Pic of the Day

Go to CruxDreams.com

Jastrow

Imperator
Happy New Year! I've decided to start a new thread in honor of the new year. I have a hard drive full of renderings I've done over the last 10 years and I propose to share some of them with the group over the course of the year with a different image posted each day. Some of them may be old favorites, some might be new work, some might be first drafts of renderings that I finished up later on, some might be mistakes. It will be something different each day. Some of the early ones are pretty crude. Anyway, that's my resolution for the new year. I'll do my best to keep it if the fates allow.

Here's the first on for January 1, 2018. I called it Morning Crux and it dates to July of 2012. With the dawn breaking on a new year, I think it is an appropriate way to start.

Attachments

• Morning crux.jpg
    Morning crux.jpg
    1,022.4 KB · Views: 5,046
Happy New Year! I've decided to start a new thread in honor of the new year. I have a hard drive full of renderings I've done over the last 10 years and I propose to share some of them with the group over the course of the year with a different image posted each day. Some of them may be old favorites, some might be new work, some might be first drafts of renderings that I finished up later on, some might be mistakes. It will be something different each day. Some of the early ones are pretty crude. Anyway, that's my resolution for the new year. I'll do my best to keep it if the fates allow.

Here's the first on for January 1, 2018. I called it Morning Crux and it dates to July of 2012. With the dawn breaking on a new year, I think it is an appropriate way to start.
Absolutely fantastic Jastrow! I've been a fan of yours for years, Always waiting for or discovering a new piece by you. This thread is a perfect New Year's gift! I look forward to your Masterpieces new and old!

Wednesday, January 3, 2018--Day 3 This is called "Snow Queen" and it may have been the very first winter scene I ever did. I think it dates from 2005. Despite using the V3 figure (Boy, does she have a big ass!), I still like it. It sort of reminds me of a Currier and Ives print...except instead of a horse-drawn sleigh, it features a pack of wolves in the background and a naked girl on a cross in front...

Attachments

• snow queen.jpg
    snow queen.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3,983
Wednesday, January 3, 2018--Day 3 This is called "Snow Queen" and it may have been the very first winter scene I ever did. I think it dates from 2005. Despite using the V3 figure (Boy, does she have a big ass!), I still like it. It sort of reminds me of a Currier and Ives print...except instead of a horse-drawn sleigh, it features a pack of wolves in the background and a naked girl on a cross in front...
Eat you’re hearts out Currier & Ives. Now THAT’s Art!!!!!!!!!

You want also post 365 pictures in 2018? :clap:
:Saeufer:

It was my intent to follow Jastrow's lead and post pics of the 'trips down memory lane' variety.

Instead here are three brand new renders, two completed earlier today. They are based on an Andyman drawing posted on 12/21/17 here

http://www.cruxforums.com/xf/threads/some-sketches.5721/page-27

I call her Crurifragium Girl.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    543.7 KB · Views: 3,831
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    594 KB · Views: 3,692
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    602.8 KB · Views: 3,562
Thursday, January4, 2018–Day 4: In a dystopian future, an overly pious, judgmental, vicious and sanctimonious woman and her out-of-wedlock pregnant daughter who-couldn’t-keep-her-knees-together, pay the ultimate price for their sins. Their respective crimes–hypocrisy and fornication. Created in 2008.

Attachments

• public disgrace.jpg
    public disgrace.jpg
    434.7 KB · Views: 3,784
Thursday, January4, 2018–Day 4: In a dystopian future, an overly pious, judgmental, vicious and sanctimonious woman and her out-of-wedlock pregnant daughter who-couldn’t-keep-her-knees-together, pay the ultimate price for their sins. Their respective crimes–hypocrisy and fornication. Created in 2008.

Truly a classic!!!

Seems to be usual place to die because the sharks vultures are circling. What's coming so frightening from the right?

Friday, January 5, 2018–Day 5: This one dates to July, 2006. After repeatedly walking my dog in sub-zero degree (F) temperatures over the last couple weeks, this actually looks pretty good and I might be willing to trade places with her. At the time I initially posted it over on Foundation, I said I hoped she remembered her sun-screen, although, in reality, a sun-burn might be the least of her problems.

Attachments

• Hot July Afternoon.jpg
    Hot July Afternoon.jpg
    212.2 KB · Views: 3,849
Saturday, January 6, 2018–Day 6: I’ve always enjoyed Zerosen’s distinictive drawings. He does torment and humiliation really well. I like the abused and pendulous breasts he gives his victims. This 2008 drawing of a woman taking her final walk of shame and struggling with her heavy load isn’t really an emulation but was inspired by his excellent work. I think I was only marginally successful with her breasts.

Attachments

• zerosenlike walk.jpg
    zerosenlike walk.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 4,064
Back
Top Bottom