Jastrow's Pic of the Day

Go to CruxDreams.com
Had to go into a pond one winter to help rescue a horse. Spend the next 3 days in bed trying to get over it. I love the cold but it would be a horrible way to die.

kisses

willowfall
Too bad. You were going to be another "too hot" one I would recommend!:cool:

OH you should see me soaking wet and damn near freezing to death as I trudge through the snow. I look GREAT colored blue (and my lips and face were).

But that was many years ago. All better now and still very hot.

kisses

willowfall
You look a little blue in your Avatar, very becoming. Though I generally find hot pink more what I look for (not telling where I'm looking:oops:)

I exchanged brief PMs with Jastrow. He’s busy.

He’s not so much directing a play as mounting a sizeable local production. If you've been involved with even a high school drama club play you have an idea how much work that is.

We should all wish him a rousing "Break a leg!"

------
You are correct, it does not mention virginity at all.
But the Angelus does:

. Angelus Domini nuntiavit Mariæ,
. Et concepit de Spiritu Sancto.
Ave Maria, gratia plena, Dominus tecum.
Benedicta tu in mulieribus, et benedictus fructus ventris tui, Iesus. *
Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, ora pro nobis peccatoribus, nunc et in hora mortis nostræ. Amen.

(1) How did the horse fare? Horses can catch colds too.
(2) Was the horse grateful?
I think you sound like my damned stepmother, after a dog ran in front of me and I went over the handlebars to land on a freshly gravelled road.
"Was the dog hurt?" she said, as if I would be thinking of the dog after scraping the skin off my hands and knees.
(BTW the dog ran away so it can't have been hurt bad.)
P.S. I never give to the RSPCA collector when they call, rather give my hard-earned to Save the Children or Cancer Research. It's not that I like to see animals suffer, but too much fuss is made about them and not enough about people or the planet.

I think you sound like my damned stepmother, after a dog ran in front of me and I went over the handlebars to land on a freshly gravelled road.
"Was the dog hurt?" she said, as if I would be thinking of the dog after scraping the skin off my hands and knees.
P.S. I never give to the RSPCA collector when they call, rather give my hard-earned to Save the Children or Cancer Research. It's not that I like to see animals suffer, but too much fuss is made about them and not enough about people or the planet.
Medicins Sans Frontiers

But there are many people who believe there are too many humans on the planet.

I don't like to see anything suffer but to be honest never met an animal I couldn't get along with.

The same CAN NOT be said for humans. Most of whom I find fall into the virtually useless and worthless category.

kisses

willowfall

He spend several day in the barn blanketed up with all the hay he could handle and then was turned back out with his herd,

Like men, horses are not real good at showing gratitude.

kisses

willowfall

Well, I'm sure the horse could recognize you, approach you, greet you with a nuzzle, etc. Zookeepers are certainly recognized by their animals, asked for rubs, etc. I once saw a baby elephant jump up and down with excitement when a keeper approached with a pooper-scooper. (The mother didn't even turn around and just kept munching.)
Sorry about the men. There is that line from "McCabe and Mrs. Miller" where McCabe comments on women. "Money and pain. Pain." Hormones are apparently just another way for the grand "Intelligent Designer" to get His/Her/Its laughs.

But the Angelus does:

. Angelus Domini nuntiavit Mariæ,
. Et concepit de Spiritu Sancto.
Ave Maria, gratia plena, Dominus tecum.
Benedicta tu in mulieribus, et benedictus fructus ventris tui, Iesus. *
Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, ora pro nobis peccatoribus, nunc et in hora mortis nostræ. Amen.

Both Luke and Matthew explicitly mention virginity.
In Matthew Joseph is told not to fear to take Mary as his wife, because her pregnancy is of God.
The angel in Luke tells Mary that basically that "God will provide" when she asks "How is this possible, for I know not man?".

Apparently Aquinas is really worried about WHEN Mary was "without sin", at the moment of conception or afterwards. He's concerned that making an exception from original sin for her, as opposed to cleaning up afterward, is an insult to Christ's sacrifice.
You just have to love philosophy. And there's never an experiment in sight.

Apparently Aquinas is really worried about WHEN Mary was "without sin", at the moment of conception or afterwards.
not just St Thomas, it worried the best minds in Christendom for centuries,
until the doctrine (and feast) of the Immaculate Conception was promulgated -
by (I think) Pope Pius IX, the Infallible one.

not just St Thomas, it worried the best minds in Christendom for centuries,
until the doctrine (and feast) of the Immaculate Conception was promulgated -
by (I think) Pope Pius IX, the Infallible one.

The ancient Greeks did not have a problem with divine conception, Zeus was always screwing around.
Good excuse for a naughty girl mind you "It was not my fault father, Zeus raped me honest."
I have read that one problem that Jewish priests had with the story of Jesus conception, they thought it too "Greek".

The ancient Greeks did not have a problem with divine conception, Zeus was always screwing around.
Good excuse for a naughty girl mind you "It was not my fault father, Zeus raped me honest."
I have read that one problem that Jewish priests had with the story of Jesus conception, they thought it too "Greek".

And Mars ravished Rhea Silva and we got Romulus and Remus and Rome and alliteration.

Back
Top Bottom