Judicial Corporal Punishment Of Women: Illustrations

Go to CruxDreams.com
It seems I have already read a similar story: "Chinese Justice & Other Stories" by Paul Little. The action takes place in 1900, during the Boxer Rebellion. It would be interesting if you described those events in your own way, with more formal punishments.

View attachment 640524
I was hoping it was available in e-book format, but it is not. Most sites have it as unavailable. Amazon has it--for $58.00! Interestingly, Paul Little is the guy who wrote "Lady Meg," which is included in this forum, and "The Lustful Turk," among many, many others. I very much liked the first chapter of "Lady Meg."

http://www.cruxforums.com/xf/conversations/story-discussion.9816/page-6
(I don't know much about the history or the relationship between the Chinese and British circa 1930's)
By that point, China was republic after the 1911 Revolution of Sun Yat Sen, though power had fallen to Chaing Kai Shek and his Generals by the 1930s. So, no Mandarins in the old sense of the word. Britain would have very much wanted good relations with China to counter Japan, and they would not have put that on the line for some ill-mannered young woman. The CF story practically writes itself, does it not? :firedevil:

I was hoping it was available in e-book format, but it is not. Most sites have it as unavailable. Amazon has it--for $58.00! Interestingly, Paul Little is the guy who wrote "Lady Meg," which is included in this forum, and "The Lustful Turk," among many, many others. I very much liked the first chapter of "Lady Meg."
Jon what movie is your avatar from?

I had another thought for a story based on this pic and idea:

No doubt the Ambassador's daughter would be forced to watch her proxy receive the beating that she (the Ambassador's daughter) had earned. But what if the daughter got turned on by the punishment? What if she committed more offenses just so she could watch another proxy be beaten? And what if this unjust and perverted game the daughter was playing sparked a rebellion among the Chinese, resulting in not just the Ambassador's daughter, but all Western women being rounded up, stripped naked, put in cangues and forced to parade into the town center to receive beatings of their own, perhaps in the Ambassador's daughter's case, administered by the very proxies who had taken the punishments meant for her?
The same question was in my mind many years ago when I first heard about Western royal princes having "whipping boys" to take their punishment for them. Sadly, for a sadist, historians can find almost no evidence of whipping boys and believe the whole thing to be a myth. (When I was 9, I imagined myself a whipping boy and spanked my butt on multiple occasions for pleasure. Such fantasies continued until I realized it was far more arousing (for me) to dream of whipping those beautiful and strange creatures called girls)

http://www.cruxforums.com/xf/conversations/story-discussion.9816/page-6

By that point, China was republic after the 1911 Revolution of Sun Yat Sen, though power had fallen to Chaing Kai Shek and his Generals by the 1930s. So, no Mandarins in the old sense of the word. Britain would have very much wanted good relations with China to counter Japan, and they would not have put that on the line for some ill-mannered young woman. The CF story practically writes itself, does it not? :firedevil:

So in all likelihood Emma would be subject to Chinese justice. I wonder what sort of exquisitely cruel punishments those inscrutable Chinese would come up with? After all, Fu Manchu was President of China back then, wasn't he?

For your approval, I offer the following possibilities . . .

PUNISHMENT OF THE SWING.

Punishment_of_the_Swing.jpghogtied1.jpghogtied-03.jpg
"This man (beautiful young English woman) is suspended by her shoulders and ankles, in a very painful situation: at intervals, two attending officers afford some trifling alleviation of her sufferings, by supporting her with a bamboo, passed under her breast(s)." (All quotes from The Punishments Of China, Published 1801, substituting feminine forms for the masculine in the original.)

Or perhaps--

TORTURING THE FINGERS.

Torturing_the_Fingers.jpg
"This is effected by placing small pieces of wood betwixt them, and then drawing them very forcibly together with cords. It is frequently inflicted as a punishment upon disorderly women." Emma is certainly a disorderly woman.

THE PUNISHMENT OF THE WOODEN-COLLAR.

Punishment_of_the_Wooden_Collar.jpgbondage_assortment_32_cangue.jpgbondage_assortment_32_wooden.jpgcangue.jpg
"THIS punishment is deemed very disgraceful. The collar is formed of heavy pieces of wood, closed together, and having a hole in the centre, which fits the neck of the offender (for instance, a beautiful young English woman), who, when this machine is upon her, can neither see her own feet, nor put her hands to her mouth. She is not permitted to reside in any habitation, nor even to take rest for any considerable length of time, an inferior officer of justice constantly attending, to prevent her. By night and by day, she carries this load, which is heavier or lighter, according to the nature of the crime, and the strength of the wearer. The weight of the common sort of these wooden collars, is only fifty or sixty pounds, but there are those, which weigh two hundred . . . Three months is the usual time appointed for those to bear about this collar, who have been convicted of robbery. For defamation, gambling, or breaches of the peace, it is carried a few weeks; and insolvent debtors are sometimes ordered to bear it, until they have satisfied their creditors."

Certainly Emma would be sentenced to wear the wooden collar, or cangue, until she paid back the value of the vase she broke. Unfortunately for her, it was an ineffably beautiful white jade vase from the Qianlong period . . .
Qianlong vase.JPG
and was considered priceless.

Last edited:
Jon what movie is your avatar from?
BTW, I just screencapped a few pics from the original "Westworld." It reminded me just how fulfilling a vacation at Westworld, or in this instance, Medieval World, could be. It's an aspect that gets only a glancing suggestion in the movie, but it's what I would sign up for.

When things go pear shaped in Westworld our hero (played by Richard Benjamin) escapes to Medieval World and discovers a young woman in a torture dungeon.

westworld1.PNGwestworld2.PNGwestworld3.PNGwestworld4.PNGwestworld5.PNGwestworld6.PNG

Incredibly, shockingly, perversely, he rescues her! Say what???!!! He even ignores the apparently vacant Iron Maiden in the background. Well look, hero, if you're going to be that way about it, at least you could open the laces of the young maiden's dress so she can breath easier!

Last edited:
The same question was in my mind many years ago when I first heard about Western royal princes having "whipping boys" to take their punishment for them. Sadly, for a sadist, historians can find almost no evidence of whipping boys and believe the whole thing to be a myth. (When I was 9, I imagined myself a whipping boy and spanked my butt on multiple occasions for pleasure. Such fantasies continued until I realized it was far more arousing (for me) to dream of whipping those beautiful and strange creatures called girls)
"Strange Creatures" is the word !!

Back
Top Bottom