Judicial Corporal Punishment Of Women: Illustrations

Go to CruxDreams.com
A few more

This one by Henry Winkles (not the Fonz:D) is from 1855 and is called public floggings in the bathhouse (funny, but I haven't seen that down at the Y) Public-floggings-in-the-bathhouse-engraved-by-Henry-Winkles-and-printed-in-1855.jpg

This one is by the German surrealist artist Max Ernst Illustration-from-Max-Ernst.jpg

This one shows females punished for theft by the Austrian military (unlike revolutionists they get to keep their bottom halves covered)
It-shows-females-punished-for-theft-the-punishment-is-handled-by-Austrian-Military-that-is-the...jpg

Three 18th century engravings, the first two are French and the third, showing both a man and a woman being flogged (equality!) is Russian. I wonder how many volunteered to be the guy with the half naked woman draped across his back...

Attachments

• CY3FTN.jpg
    CY3FTN.jpg
    424.4 KB · Views: 763
  • CY3FW3.jpg
    CY3FW3.jpg
    381.9 KB · Views: 780
  • E0T036.jpg
    E0T036.jpg
    450.2 KB · Views: 901
Three 18th century engravings, the first two are French and the third, showing both a man and a woman being flogged (equality!) is Russian. I wonder how many volunteered to be the guy with the half naked woman draped across his back...
Female version.
knout1.jpg

Interesting feature is the beam between the legs. Intended to keep the condemned hanging stable, or to stretch out the body, adding to the torment?

A couple from the book: The Whip and the Rod by Prof. R.G. van Yelyr. He's a professor, so no prurient interest please; this is strictly scholarly, you naughty boys and girls....
Prof. R.G. van Yelyr is the pseudonym of George Ryley Scott, an English author of sexological books and works about torture, sadomasochism, and corporal punishment in the 1940s-60s.
http://spankingart.org/wiki/George_Ryley_Scott
I have his books "The History Of Corporal Punishment" (1938) and "The History of Torture Throughout the Ages" (1959) in PDF, and I can post them if you wish.

Back
Top Bottom