Love Story Of Ayesha And Remus...

Go to CruxDreams.com
A more greyish tone on the wood of the cross and small blocks of wood around the nails would in my view be an improvement. I also think that some kind of support always were used, either a small block of wood for the feet to rest on, or some kind of a cornu. -xso

First of all if the wood is fresh or oiled to preserve it may not grey. As for wood blocks unless they are pre-drilled a spike sufficiently sized to hold a human to the cross would split in the nailing process. In the first picture Yupar posted the head of the spikes are large enough she is not going anywhere! Another more modern alternative is using washers...

View attachment 77803
As for a foot rest or cornu if your goal is simple too execute dear Yupar- and who doesn't want to, really?:D- neither are necessary

Tree
Stop it crux master Tree!! pls dont read my mind to much ..my cheeks r burning...:D:p

Thanks Tree. I agree with XSQ that perhaps the blocks of wood might be more historically accurate, but I never found the look appealing. Since the PRIMARY purpose of my so called art is to please the eye, I omit them and opt for larger headed spikes.

I really doubt the wood block theory... It would be too much work to hewn wood into boards and cut them to length. If I did that in the 'Great Slave Rebellion' I would have need over 300 blocks of wood.
Using spikes big enough to suspend a human...
0001.JPG
...without splitting the grain the boards would have to be really long or predrilled. In THT Inc.'s wood shop with power tools that would take most of a morning. It would be far simpler just to use a spike with a larger head (or the afore mentioned washer). The head doesn't have to be that much larger than the shank. Remember it is between two bones in the wrist and several in the feet!!!

Tree

Ps: good story and art, and the art pleases Tree's eye...

Thanks Tree. I agree with XSQ that perhaps the blocks of wood might be more historically accurate, but I never found the look appealing. Since the PRIMARY purpose of my so called art is to please the eye, I omit them and opt for larger headed spikes.
ofcuz I think too..:) another thg is I dont care reality..cuz we all live in fantacy here...as long as we please..there's no problem:) cuz there's no queen of Jews in reality too...;) :D

Not that survived...:eek:

tree
If u fine meaning of INRI...R n I is Rex Iudaeorum..no Regina Iudaeorum:p do u think i m wrong? but i wanna b queen of Jews always in my fantacy..;) dont doubt abt it..:):D

I really can't be concerned about you would like to be...

... only that you should be cruxed...
The reason is of no consequence... only the result

Tree
That's the executioner's mind set! professional guy!!:)

If u fine meaning of INRI...R n I is Rex Iudaeorum..no Regina Iudaeorum:p do u think i m wrong? but i wanna b queen of Jews always in my fantacy..;) dont doubt abt it..:):D

IUPAR NIANMARA REGINA IUDAEORUM :)
I really can't be concerned about you would like to be...

... only that you should be cruxed...
The reason is of no consequence... only the result

Tree
the words of the victim are of no more interest to her Torturer,​
than the squeaks of the Torture Chamber mice​

Remus Rabirius( Scene11)

Following the judgment of the crowd and that fraught night in which
I would yielded up all my old privilege just for the chance to be with
her had she not compelled me back to my duty that hateful morning
when the sentence of death was to be enacted of Ayesha arrived. It was
clear that someone had abused her in the night and I would have gone
and questioned her and propriety be damned but she gave me a shy
smile and a shake of the head and I stopped irresolute.

Just then one of the guards through no reason save that he could struck
Ayesha so hard across the face that she went down almost straight
away. Then several of the guards and the execution squad were
around her like a pack of wolves punching and kicking her and yelling
all the imprecations against filthy Jews and backstabbing barbarians
that in years past I had always accepted as the norm for soldiers on
this hot, dusty and endlessly unforgiving station.

Now though I went to hurry forwards save I found strong hands
clutching me about the upper arms. I glared at Quintus in annoyance
and even encumbered as I was by my formal toga almost sent him
flying with a long practiced wrestling move. “Hold yourself, hold
Remus,” He whispered urgently in my ear, “The harder they use her
now the less she will suffer on the cross and you have seen enough
men nailed up there to know she does not deserve that agony.”

I calmed myself with difficulty but anyway an Optio had already
noticed my excitement and hurried to restore order, he was not afraid
to use his formal staff with a well-aimed jab to the kidney when one
man tried to return and put the boot in again against orders. The
soldiers shook themselves out into a ragged order and one even helped
Ayesha to her feet.

Of course her relief was short lived, for now the patibulum arrived.
Her slender delicate wrists, so fitted to a healer and carer were cruelly
shackled by crude iron chains to the rough wood and then she was
forced to stand tormented and hunched over awkwardly by the vicious
weight of it all. Then an Immune stepped forwards and whispered
something to the Centurion in charge of the detail who nodded his
assent.

Poor Ayesha had already been mockingly crowned with the biting
barbs of a bramble bush but this man had taken the time to weave
together the savagely protruding blackthorn from some hillside near
here into a crown similar to the triumphal laurels I worn just months
before in Rome. These he pressed down hard upon Ayesha’s head until
blood trickled down her brow. He stepped back with a laugh and
exchanged a smile and nod with his Centurion.

Some weeks later the men were surprised when I ordered them on a
dangerous mission to investigate a nasty drug addled cult that had
sprung up on our southern frontier with the ever quarrelsome Arabs.
Neither man returned and there were rumors that their fates had
been quite unpleasant but they had earned them well that day.
Now clad in her cloak and a simple loin cloth Ayesha was whipped
forth as we started the ceremonial procession to Golgotha and her
eventual execution. Also in that day’s condemned were a pair of
simple thieves, who had made the mistake of plundering the villa of a
well-connected equestrian merchant and the even worse mistake of
getting caught. They two would be nailed up high so the crowds could
watch them enjoy a lingering death but such was almost an
afterthought today.

It was Ayesha who grabbed the lion’s share of attention and abuse.
Every now and again someone in the crowd would chance to throw
something, a piece of rotten fruit, shit; ruminant was merely wet and
nasty, dog shit foul and human excrement quite revolting, especially as
some of the latter seemed frightfully fresh. It was the stones and
pebbles that did the damage. Yet each time Ayesha fell whippers were
ready to beat her back to her feet again. Her cloak became ragged and
streaks of darker purple with the blood soiling it.

I was spared the sight of most of this being at the front of the
procession and held by dignity from looking back but I could easily
imagine all of it having seen it all many times before. How easily and
stupidly the mob turn on the victim without realizing that just makes
them easier prey for the wolves who would happily drag them out and
likewise harry them to destruction.

At one point the whole procession did come to a crashing stop, an
urgent blast by the cornicen bringing up the rear alerting those of us at
the front to a problem. Ayesha had taken all she could and well but at
last the heat, the weight and the beatings were too much and she
collapsed sprawling and could not get up no matter how much the
men with whips and army boots urged and spurned her to it.

“Get her a relief carrier you fools, can you not see you idiots have
overtaxed her? She dies now I will have you all on crosses by
nightfall,” I hissed livid with rage at the sight of my poor Ayesha so
beaten and fainting on the ground. It was by rights a stupid mistake to
threaten armed men so but such was my rage, such was the knowledge
of the power of the Emperor and twenty five legions standing behind
me at that moment that the men hurried to obey.

There was hasty fumbling with the chains and the patibulum was
lifted up by two stout legionaries. Then a man in robes half way
between Greek and Jewish custom so likely a prosperous shop keeper
was dragged forth and handed the evil wood. He almost dropped it
straight away and it was not until it was set across his shoulders that
he could carry it. At least he was not bound and apart from the odd
shove and the misaimed missile spared most of the abuse.

Ayesha lost in a world of misery somehow found the strength to rise
and staggered forwards. The procession now took up its course along
the winding slope of that horrid skull like hill. There at the summit Ayesha was stripped of her cloak, which had at least protected her shoulders somewhat, those of the two thieves had been rubbed raw. While she stood almost naked and entirely vulnerable surrounded by guards I strode forwards and delivered the formal sentence. I could not but help but notice she was quivering as the fear reaction set in, no one can truly comprehend the raw pain of this most humiliating form of execution till they have experienced it but she knew enough and it clearly terrified her.

I had to harden myself inside as I could not go her but instead was
burdened by my duty, duty such as seemed the necessary care that tied
us to honor before but now felt hateful and befouling.

“Behold Ayesha of Nazareth, self-proclaimed Queen regnant of the
Jews, found guilty of the crimes of sedition against Rome, in that it is
said she incited the common people to insurrection and blasphemy
against the Temple of Jerusalem in that she has claimed for herself the
title of the prophesized Messiah she is sentenced to be hanged before
you the people until such time as she is dead and justice…sentence
served,” I choked on the proclamation as I read it and altered my
words carefully as I could, it was not in the end as damning a wording
as the Greek scribes Matheus, Marcus, Lucas and John intended.

Of course that little token did not do my poor Ayesha much good. She
was forced down by the execution squad and her hands pressed
against the rough wooden beam. She was again bound to it with the
handy chains and a heavyset man sat astride her legs, then came froth
the hammers and the brutal nails. Metal was pressed to soft flesh and
she could but scream her agony to the world. The blows rang heavy in
my ears and the shrill screams sent me into a barely suppressed rage.

Episode 11.1 Nailing.jpg

“Piss on the bitch before we lift her?” Suggested one of the Legionaries
so confident of the reply he was already reaching under his tunic.

“Do that if you want your cock shortened,” Hissed Quintus, sparing me
the indignity. The man hastily drew himself back to a more
appropriate posture.

The stipes of Golgotha are set higher than most so as to be visible for
miles around, the mob of Jerusalem is unruly at the best of times and
only constant fear of Roman power keeps it in the slightest check. Four
strong men of the legions hauled Ayesha to her feet and although the
strain on her arms and shoulder joints must have been awful she
restrained herself to modest gasps of pain, even as her body trembled
with the cascade of agony.

The men hauled her aloft and stood straining a moment while two of
their fellows brought the forked irons on long shafts that would be
used to carry the rest of that short yet brutal journey to the stipes. She
was hoisted into the air and then brought into line with it so the
wedged tip was ready to slide through the waiting hole in the
patibulum. With a loud thud she was lowered home but she gave only
a small yelp of pain.

Then they took her feet and bound them to the wood of the stipes.
Again the brutal assault with nails driven through delicate flesh and
this time Ayesha could not but help scream her agony.

Episode11.2 scream.jpg

Then the man assigned to fit the titulus took up his ladder and climbed aloft. With grinning mock he set the message up high for all to see.

Ayesha Nazerena Regina Iudaeorum

Ayesha woman of Nazareth, Queen of the Jews.

Then he unwrapped the chains and climbed down to his fellows.

“Ah look the Jew Queen has a fine Roman throne now,” Laughed one of the men and ripped her loin cloth from her body. “Oh look the wench has gone all sleepy byes,” He flung the now ragged garment away casually but some quirk or gift of Favononius carried it to my hands and I caught it and turned leaving the disgusting scene as quickly as I could. Dignitas be damned I wanted out of there as quickly as the encumbrance of my formal toga would allow.

To Be Continued

Ayesha ( Scene 12)
12.1.jpg..

When I regained consciousness, I noticed that my feet were securely nailed and I was fully mounted on the Throne of Roman provided. I felt the extreme contortion of my limbs. The pain was so real, my nerves screamed for relief. Absorbing all pain, I lifted my neck and looked down upon my broken body.

12.2.jpg..

A soldier was climbing up a ladder to nail the signboard to the cross just above my head that announced my name and crime. Then he unwrapped the chains and climbed back down until his face was even with my navel. His rough hand was grasping my right breast and twisting my nipple while he smiled jeeringly at me. I couldn’t do nothing, so I looked away to see Remus at the back of the crowd looking at me. I felt the anger and desperation in his face. At that moment, the soldier tore away my loin cloth, threw it away and shouted “Behold your naked Queen, Whore from Nazareth”. The loin cloth, caught by a gust of wind, dropped near where Remus was standing. He disappeared from my sight; and then I saw his back as he was going back to the city. I realized this might be the last time I would ever see him. Even with the agonizing pain, I couldn’t control the flood of shamefulness and loneliness in my body. I started sobbing like a child again.

The soldiers gathered my clothing into a pile and began to divide them up. They rolled dice at the base of the cross for each piece. As they divided up my clothes, I heard one soldier periodically called up to me. When I looked down at them, he'd hold up a piece of clothing and tell me what a good gift it would make to one of their local whores.

The agonies in my veins drove me wild, along with the frantic, jerking, struggling movements of my body. My breasts wobbled, obscenely displayed for the mob. They loved it. Men and women pelted me with insults, throwing my own words back into me. Only around a month before, I rode into this city with glory. Those same people lined the street, cheering and hailing me as their messiah, spreading flowers and palm leaves in my path. Now I was nailed to a Roman tree and condemned to their mockery.

I had no way to hide myself from their leering eyes. I was wearing nothing but the crown of thorns on my head .My arms were nailed into place, rendering me helpless to cover myself. My breasts wobbled and flopped with every spastic jerk of the body. I couldn’t hide my crop of curly black hair between my legs, my dark bush beckoned invitingly every time my legs gaped apart. My body bowed out away from the cross, as I babbled in agony, and then fell back against the stipe to hang on outstretched arms.
I saw Caiaphas standing nearby gloating. “Look at her! The miracle healer! She was so brilliant at saving others, why can’t she save herself now? She was conceiting herself as a queen of Jews. In actuality she is no better than a whore, a stupid slut from Nazareth.” He shouted at me mockingly.

Others joined in, demanding another miracle, demanding that I should free myself from the cross. My helpless and humiliated condition made fun for them.

I soon learned that the horror of crucifixion, beyond the agonizing pain, was a marked interference with normal respiration, particularly exhalation. The weight of my body, pulling down on my outstretched arms and shoulders, fixed the intercostal muscles in an inhalation state that hindered exhalation. My exhalation became primarily diaphragmatic; I couldn’t breathe easily. I suffered excruciating pain from the muscle cramps and the terror of near suffocation when I stayed in the hanging position for too long.

I tried to muscle myself up the cross for breath, pressing down for support against the nails in my feet. This caused the holes in the bottoms of my dirty, calloused feet to stretch against the nails and for blood to run down to and drip off my toes. I gasped and jerked forward, then dropped back into the hanging position, my tits bouncing and stretching with my abrupt movements. I felt one of the loose ribbons of flesh on my hips snag on the rough wood of the stipe and rip open further. I tried to steel myself for another try but I realized the scourging earlier had sapped my strength, which made my ordeal on the cross all the more hellish.

I saw a constant stream of travelers coming into the city to celebrate the Passover day. And as passersby found me on the center tree, realizing my failure, their excitement rose to a fevered pitch. People stopped and pointed at me, whispering to one another and laughing as the disgraced, naked “failed messiah” struggled in humiliation. Many had seen my preaching, but they had never expected to see me like this! Many became vocal tormentors, taunting me to come down off the cross and prove myself.

My desperate struggles for every breath fanned the flames of the onlookers more and more.

Even the thief, who was hanging on the cross to my right, could not resist the urge to torment me. “Hey bitch…are you the famous healer from Nazareth who came here to claim yourself us our queen?”

I sighed, even that a despicable criminal would have the right to interrogate me!

“Yes I am”

He continued, “With your beauty, you should suck the some rich man’s cock from your place, and live as a queen of whores there, isn’t that better for you, isn’t it?”

“Even on the cross, I wish to fuck your breasts” He yelled in a harsh and strained voice. I looked and saw his grossly swollen penis standing erect under his skimpy loin cloth; his manhood significantly engorged in lust for my helplessly displayed sex.

12.3.jpg..

I felt wildly ashamed myself. Meanwhile another thief on my left shouted him.
“Shut up bastard, we both got what we deserve, but she ain’t done anything wrong. She’s only done lot of good things”

And then, he called to me, “Ayesha, My name is Rex, I heard your preaching once, about love and peace ..”

He continued breathlessly “Even for my kinda bad guy; tell me I can I hope too?”

I replied to him softly, “Everybody deserves to love, even you.”

I heard him sigh, while the other one was moaned and groaned several times.

Upon hearing my words, Caiaphas and some of the others were outraged and demanded that the soldiers cut out my tongue, but the soldiers ignored their demands.

As the noon hour approached, I had been on the cross for three hours. Under the hot sun and constant struggle, I had become dehydrated. My thirst-swollen tongue protruded from my mouth.

"Water!" I panted and requested. "Water please!"

The soldiers ignored me at first.

"Water please!" I requested again.

Then the centurion ordered one of the soldiers to give us water. He soaked a sponge and stuck it onto the end of his spear. He went to the thief on the cross to my right first and held the sopping sponge up to his face. The man sucked the water from the sponge. Then the soldier stepped back and re-soaked the sponge. I groaned in frustration and greedily looked on as he walked past me to the criminal on the left cross and let him drink. When it was dry he lowered his spear and stepped in front of me.

I called out “I thirst…Please”

He said, "If I do, what will you do for me?"

He let his eyes slide down to my body, "You've got an attractive body, Ayesha, and I love those firm breasts and your cunt. Maybe you'll let me play them for a while?"

I looked at him helplessly and nodded my head a bit because of my strong thirstiness.

He stepped closer and prodded my breasts with the sharp point of his spear. He used it to swing them back and forth. I gritted my teeth and turned my head to the side as he prodded and lifted my right breast and then the left. I felt the cold iron point of the spear dig into my firm tits as he lifted them up and away from my ribs.
12.4.jpg
Then he forcibly inserted the rough, thick end of his spear into my vagina and withdrew it several times. My juices spilled between my thighs as I wagged my head back and forth in pained pleasure, inflamed with the conflicting passions of incredible pain and torture. The humiliation and the sweet torture which was spreading throughout my loins were like a raging fire.

I forced myself to stand in order to breathe; the end of the soldier’s spear followed my motions, constantly in and out of my womanhood. I thrusted my breasts out and up, and shuddered violently from the sensations radiating inside my loins.

Finally my passion overwhelmed my awareness of public exhibition, and I experienced my last orgasm. As he molested me, the shouts and whistles from the crowd showed their approval. I slid down and hung again from my wrists with my thighs spread wide. My juices had spilled out on to my thighs.
12.5.jpg
Then he tired of his game and put the sponge back on the spear, soaked it and rubbed it in my face saying “You earned it, bitch… Drink as you want…” He gave me water three times before I was satisfied and didn’t request more.

The crowd thinned in the heat of the day. Caiaphas and his fellows were gone too. I hung my head, exhausted. Peering through the shimmering heat-haze, I spied two figures climbing the path, a man and a woman, who wore the traditional white robes and shawls. As they came closer I realized they were my mum and step father. My mum cried out in anguish when she saw me naked and condemned to struggle obscenely on the center cross. She dropped to her knees under me, grasped the base of the cross and sobbed hysterically. I looked down and saw my step father staring wide-eyed and open-mouthed while I twisted, squirmed and bucked my hips like I was having sex because of my agonized pain.
There was no dignity, no stoicism. I had no secrets in front of my own parents. I felt I had been reduced to an animal.

Even in my agonized pain, I felt shameful and obscene. I felt my face turning bright red and I tried to close my legs. With great effort, I muscled myself higher up again, pressed my hips tight against the stipe and leaned forward to speak. My tits sagged away from my chest and my wet stringy hair spilled around my down-turned face.

I said “Mother, Please forgive me, your irresponsible daughter.”

Then I collapsed once again into the obscene hanging position with knees spread wide.

The helpless and pitiful sight of me on a tree of shame was too much for my mum and they left, leaving me alone. I felt loneliness again and cried out in anguish while they abandoned me. They paused, but did not turn around, and then walked quickly away. I heard the torment and the mockery from the mob again and it became more vicious than ever.

Through the sultry afternoon, it was almost six hours since I was put on the cross. The sharp, tearing pains through my shoulders and across my chest constantly tortured me. My shoulders ached more and more. I felt as I was being slowly pulled apart. The muscles and ligaments holding my shoulder joints were getting overloaded. After some time I lowered myself into the hanging position, I felt a joint give way; my left arm popped out of its socket and my shoulder assumed an odd angle, I screamed and thrashed wildly as I tried to raise myself back up onto feet.

The crowd was delighted as I struggled, groaned and cried out. I pushed with my feet and pulled with my right arm to take the strain off my dislocated left shoulder. My body shook from the effort of holding myself up.
12.6.jpg
The blinding fire in my shoulder was even more than the excruciating pain caused by nails. AsI stood there, I felt the right arm’s ligaments rip out, and I fell back into the hanging position.

I fainted as the pain exploded in my head. When I woke again, I tried to get myself up with all my will-power; pushing against the nails in feet. The agony was unbearable as the full weight of my body pressed down against the shafts of the two nails. I leaned forward from the waist drunkenly as my legs straightened, twisting my shoulders and putting new pressure on them. Even so, I couldn’t straighten myself up any further.

My legs dropped into a squat; my feet gripped by the torment of my whole body-weight pressing down on the nails. I gasped for breath, but couldn’t get much. My pelvis lifted and fell, my thighs tensed and spread wide; I was gasping, yelping in agony and in horror of suffocation. I was dying as though I was giving birth, fully exposing myself to all. While I drifted in and out of consciousness due to lack of oxygen, Remus appeared unclearly to my eyes under my cross. I barely smiled at him and whispered, “I love you”; and I barely heard his voice as he said it back to me. I choked, and then my mind began drifting me to the olive garden at sunset, and I was running together with him in cool breeze.
To be continued...

Remus Rabirius (Scene 13)

After I had fled Ayesha and I went into an agony of indecision. I bathed and changed into my formal tunic rather than continue with the cumbersome toga. Always in my eyes there was a vision of Ayesha, in the Olive Garden, in her cell, on the cross, that first time in the tent, standing at the rail of ship to Egypt. Ever and always the images danced before my mind. It was clear I was getting no work done.

“Summon my guard detail, we shall return to Golgotha,” I instructed.

“You can spare yourself this Remus, don’t…” Quintus began and I put my hand out to silence him gently.

“Quintus,” I said indulging in a rare informality so difficult these days, “I have spared myself too much already and it has all fallen on her, what kind of man, what kind of Roman am I that I cannot face what I must? No I should go to her, at least share some of her pain and say goodbye properly,” With that it was decided as if there ever could be any other decision.

We made our way in our little cohort up the dread hill. The crowds were thinning anyway and none thought to block the path of the Roman Governor. Even the normal hotheads it seemed had been satiated by the day’s tumultuous events.

There were only a handful of spectators left to witness the decreasing struggles of the three on the crosses and a small double squad of legionaries with officer supervision. Of the three I only had eyes for Ayesha, beautiful yet bedraggled, stained with sweat and dust and not a little blood from her harsh ordeal.

episode13-1563541214.jpg

Yet even in the throes of her agony she managed to rouse a little and in a small croak of Greek said, “I love you.”

I in my reply begged with her to forgive me. I told her of how I loved her, of how she was beautiful and remarkable and intelligent and wise and caring beyond the normal norms of our base metal times. She was gold and we were at best cheap pot iron.

I had some crazy notion that if she lived until nightfall I could get her down and spirit her away to some safe place, likely under the supervision of Quintus and one of my Greek doctors. It was clear though that this was idle fancy. She was slumped, hanging from her nails in that broken way that presaged death. I have seen men brought down in that state when their families had enough coin to purchase their release but never have I seen a man recover though you do hear stories.

No not this time, this time she was going. Her chest rose in grim ragged heaves and I knew from bitter experience that she could cling to this world of pain and misery for hours, maybe well into tomorrow. That was not life; that was death in agony.

“No shame to you Ayesha, the shame is all ours, we would have loved you as you deserved, I cannot…the Gods will turns their eyes from us for this,” I whispered.

“Legionary, your duty, see her to mercy,” I then ordered a man standing near me with his careful eyes on the other soldiers.

The Immune looked at me startled, he was a privileged veteran granted the extra privilege of being my guard with all its perks. “But Sir it is not…the custom…” His voice trailed off, he glanced at the executing Centurion who belatedly realized the risks to his career of further crossing me and looked the other way.

“Sir by your command,” The long javelin drove hard and upwards with deadly accurate skill, piercing Ayesha’s tender heart. Blood frothed at her mouth and I would love to say she died on the instant but those who have seen men die that way know it is not true. Still seconds were far preferable to the hours of agony that awaited her and she went to her God who I hoped would be more just in her next life than this one.

“The body is to taken down, find a suitable place for burial, a rich man’s tomb, Quintus find a good loyal citizen I am sure I can make suitable purchase arrangements but advise him that I will not chafe at coin if he agrees quickly and not chafe at other things if he would thwart me…” I was determined on this and even should there be questions asked I did not care, too late but I did not care for any save Ayesha and granting her a worthy eternity.

Quintus of course excelled himself. She was taken to some local women her body washed and cleansed and anointed with expensive oils and incense. Mourners were hired and a Pharisee Priest who said some complex Hebrew prayer for her. I attended the ceremony where she was interred, a merchant wise to the rules of the game eagerly offered his tomb and there Ayesha was laid to rest.

Rome was, though as yet I knew it not, seized with turmoil as the once mighty Sejanus went down to his just desert. In time Caiaphas would come to his as internal politics in the Temple forced him to seek my aid which was markedly not forthcoming.

After the funeral I went back to my work, trying to keep my ever fractious Province from tearing itself apart. Then one day in Caesarea I returned to my writing desk to find papers in a hand I knew well but had never expected to see again. You may have wondered how you have read Ayesha’s words well you read them as I first read them that day penned clearly by her own hand in some way only the Gods have privilege to understand.

I sat down and over the years have added and revised my own words. I have tried to limit my self-justifications and bear witness only to the truth dear reader but only you can judge.

All I have left of proud, glorious, wondrous Ayesha save those words are the fragmented cloth that once adorned her loins. I have wound it and bound it so that it is doll of her, alas as she was when she passed from life into the tomb. Still I can see her clearly as she was, beautiful in that first lam light I laid my eyes upon her. I revere her everyday along with my proud ancestors and somewhere I think I hear her answer back.

Well, that was an ordeal, in the best possible way :)
Great work everyone. A familiar story, and yet given freshness. A tragic yet arousing journey.
If you were one of the two thieves crucified with her, which would you be?

Well, that was an ordeal, in the best possible way :)
If you were one of the two thieves crucified with her, which would you be?

Thanks for the compliment Phlebas, it was a time effort I am distinctly proud to have been part of.

As to your question posed I think since neither the thieve were the one going "ouch, ouch, ouch!" I would go with the second as meeting a girl for the first time under what might be described as difficult circumstances my natural politeness would take over :D

Back
Top Bottom