Lovely Ladies Thread (Real photos rather than AI please)

Go to CruxDreams.com
Just catching up. Actually in the painting by Pierre Paul Rubens Marie de Medici was not educated in the nude. She is in the red dress, The nude figures are the Three Graces.
Yes. I was kidding, of course.
The Three Graces are much more visible (and interesting) than the girl who is being educated !
I thought that a princess educated nude was an interesting and exciting idea.
Maybe Rubens would have want Marie were nude

Last edited by a moderator:
I love her !!
I buy !
What hole wouild you chose ?
What is her entire name ?
Pierre she is Darina L and sometimes known as Darya, she is a Hegre model mostly and appears at other sites as well. Do not know her full or real name, you may search one of the erotic art model databases and may find her bio. Yes she is superb, I like her a lot, awesome legs too. ;)

darina-l-erotic-art.jpg Darya.jpg

Pierre she is Darina L and sometimes known as Darya, she is a Hegre model mostly and appears at other sites as well. Do not know her full or real name, you may search one of the erotic art model databases and may find her bio. Yes she is superb, I like her a lot, awesome legs too. ;)

View attachment 841858 View attachment 841860
Darina Litvinova, Ukrainian

Marie de Médicis educated nude ! lol (detail)

View attachment 841838

I thought the princess was completely overshadowed by the three nude Graces on the right and by the gods Apollo, Athena (on whose lap she is writing--odd, but at least she's not writing on Apollo's lap!), and Hermes popping in above.

Why did Rubens show the three "Rubenesque" Graces so large? Hmm! I wonder?;)

CE7CEAA2-0B0E-4206-92C0-1258AABA7689.jpeg (2).jpg The Grace on the left is looking out of the painting, as though she's staring directly at whomever is looking at her. A very seductive, come-hither look!

CE7CEAA2-0B0E-4206-92C0-1258AABA7689.jpeg (3).jpgAnd look at the face on the shield at the bottom of the painting. What is behind the frightful look, as though the face is coming out of the shield? What is the face looking at? Hmm?

Lots of details in this painting. What was Rubens communicating by all of these elements? What was he referring to that educated peoples of the times might understand, or get the humorous intent?

Rubens painted a whole series of works concerning the life of Marie de Médici.

View attachment 841962And look at the face on the shield at the bottom of the painting. What is behind the frightful look, as though the face is coming out of the shield? What is the face looking at? Hmm?
Maybe her dead husband Henri IV. Valois, one official "Casanova".

Maybe her dead husband Henri IV. Valois, one official "Casanova".

I've learned a lot about this woman since this image was posted.

Could it be Henry IV's face? Perhaps. They did not have a happy marriage (m 1600) and he died in 1610 when she was 35 years old. He had a number of mistresses with whom Marie feuded. Henry, not surprisingly for the time, only married her to produce an heir, and was not even present at the marriage ceremony! Somehow a proxy was used?? (Wonder if the proxy got first dibs on her?:D)

This and other paintings of Marie's life (a cycle of 24) were actually commissioned by Marie herself. This one dates from 1620 and intends to show her earlier education (probably a time before she was married to Henry).

The face in the shield doesn't appear to have a beard and Henry was bearded. The image must be there for some reason. Since the painting is populated with Greek gods and goddesses, perhaps the face represents a malevolent god--perhaps Discordia--who interests are chaos and not the orderliness and stability brought about by education of a princess.

I'd love to know why Rubens placed it there. Since Marie commissioned the painting, I'm sure all parts of it are intended to present her favorably.

Any art history scholars out there?

Last edited:
I've learned a lot about this woman since this image was posted.

Could it be Henry IV's face? Perhaps. They did not have a happy marriage (m 1600 and he died in 1610 when she was 35 years old. He had a number of mistresses with whom Marie feuded. Henry, not surprisingly for the time, only married her to produce an heir, and was not even present at the marriage ceremony! Somehow a proxy was used?? (Wonder if the proxy got first dibs on her?:D)

This and other paintings of Marie's life (a cycle of 24) were actually commissioned by Marie herself. This one dates from 1620 and intends to show her earlier education (probably a time before she was married to Henry).

The face in the shield doesn't appear to have a beard and Henry was bearded. The image must be there for some reason. Since the painting is populated with Greek gods and goddesses, perhaps the face represents a malevolent god--perhaps Discordia--who interests are chaos and not the orderliness and stability brought about by education of a princess.

I'd love to know why Rubens placed it there. Since Marie commissioned the painting, I'm sure all parts of it are intended to present her favorably.

Any art history scholars out there?
CF - University of life (or crucified martyrs).

Masha I folder 1 part 1

Attachments

• masha_i_772_1.jpg
    masha_i_772_1.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 34
  • masha_i_772_3.jpg
    masha_i_772_3.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 34
  • masha_i_772_2.jpg
    masha_i_772_2.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 28
  • masha_i_772_4.jpg