M*A*S*H DIARY

Go to CruxDreams.com
Figures, doesn’t it? If anyone was to be left behind on the beaches, it would be the women! Every man for himself, as they say.:confused:
They insisted on staying there, lying on the beach sunbathing -
stuff this for a boat ride, one of them was heard to say,
we WAAFs will have more fun with the Waffen SS!

Presiding Judge Phlebas objected in the strongest terms to characterization of this as a “Kangaroo” court, a clear effort to insult the proud Australians who were fighting in this War. He said he would consider possible contempt charges against defendant and her counsel at the conclusion.

Bloody oath! It's a slur on me and my right to preside over this court.

Dr. Jolly’s story paralleled those of the others. When asked about the disposition of Moore’s case, he replied, cryptically, “’Death,’ that’s always the end isn’t it. Just be patient.” When pressed to be clearer, he agreed that a good whipping always did a woman good.

Can't argue with that. Moore does appear to be a woman who would benefit from a good bit of traditional military discipline, and I can attest that seeing her receive a good flogging would doubtless do the whole unit's morale a world of good.

At this time, Judge Phlebas attempted to defuse the situation by adjourning for lunch.

There is nothing that can't be improved by a good lunch.

After lunch recess, the Court Martial resumed with the next witness:

First Lieutenant Eulalia Burns, RN, Head Nurse, Highland Light Infantry (City of Glasgow Regiment).
[Major Grave, stimulated by the appearance of Miss Burns, suddenly burst out singing a bawdy barracks ditty and said: “I must say I was very impressed by Lieutenant Burns’ respectful, almost subservient, military bearing. Too many of the women in uniform today think they deserve equal treatment with the men. It is refreshing to encounter one who knows her place and expects her nurses to all perform to the desires of the Doctors. That’s what we expected of the little flirts in my day!
Lt. Eulalia’s reserved and respectful demeanor impressed the judges and all paid close attention to her.]

Lt. Eulalia hesitated to say much about Moore except that her excessive complaining was undermining Burns’ discipline with her nurses. When asked about punishment, the Lieutenant’s eyes glazed over, her one hand went to her lap and she seemed lost in a highly simulative daydream. She muttered something about a good whipping, firmly applied to the “girly parts”. When the court tried to follow up on that, she opened her blouse (she wore nothing underneath – she said that was her duty to be naked under her uniform) and invited us to punish her breasts. Defense loudly objected but was firmly overruled by the entire courtroom. Loxuru and Houser acceded to her wishes, using their uniform belts. Eulalia clearly prides herself on her ability to withstand such punishment without flinching. As Lt. Burns staggered back to her seat with reddened and bruised breasts, her uniform blouse was still unbuttoned, providing af ine view for the spectators.

Lieutenant Moore:

OK, things are going over the cliff. I expected Lt. Eulalia to come to my defense. After all, we women need to stick together, right. At the same time, I knew that she was an officer who placed great emphasis on her nurses being totally subservient and respectful ... slaves if you will, who bear themselves properly, look down after saluting their superiors, and bare their souls, let alone their bodies, as a matter of duty. That she would do so in a trial, though, was beyond my wildest imagination. Opening her blouse for a beating should never have been accepted, but her fortitude and ability to take punishment without flinching was truly amazing. Lieutenant Brave questioned it's appropriateness, and barely escaped being giving the same treatment! I fear this afternoon's proceedings will be even more bizarre and demeaning than this morning's. Nonetheless, Lieutenant Brave remains optimistic.

Nurses Kathy and FSG added little to the record. Nevertheless, the court spent a generous amount of time examining them. They demonstrated some of the ways they help the camp perform at peak efficiency. These girls are dedicated to their work and will stop at nothing to assist the male officers’ needs. Since this is not relevant to this trial, the details will not be included in the official record. (However, it should be said that this post has some “outstanding” female assets)

Staff Sergeant Wilbur Loxuru, Motor Pool, confirmed some of what we had already heard. He volunteered that he had had extensive experience before and during WWII with administering corporal punishment on women (in case the defendant was found guilty). His right arm had been somewhat damaged in the war and he apologized that he could no longer give a proper salute as he had learned before the last war. However, he swore he could “lay it on with the best of them” with his left. Sergeant Connoisseurs, who knew him during the War, vouched for his capability.

Lieutenant Moore:

Nurses Kathy and FSG were no help at all. Thoroughly indoctrinated by Nurse Eulaia, these two debased the proceeding beyond redemption by offering their bodies, in any number of subtle but unmistakable ways, to the impaneled jury. Nurse Kathy even went so far as to point out her willingness to swallow! FSG and Sergeant Connoisseurs exchanged hot stares throughout! Lieutenant Brave made a motion to have their testimony expunged on the grounds that it was totally irrelevant to my trial. Motion denied.

As for Staff Sergeant, Wilbur Loxoru, he seemed more interested in the topic of corporal punishment for women than anything else. He hardly knew me, but offered a number of suggestions about how if ordered to do so, he would "lay it on me with the best of them" with his good left arm, which looked pretty damn powerful to me. Lieutenant Brave objected to the court accepting irrelevant testimony from a non-com ... and one from the motor pool, no less. Sergeant Loxoru responded by offering to take her out for an immediate thrashing. General Praetorius told him to be patient! What the fuck is going on here?

Corporal Racing Rodent, Company Clerk. He testified that Lt. Moore on several occasions had assaulted him, even throwing him into a door. She had also repeatedly insulted him by calling him all sorts of names such as various animals.

RR’s most significant contribution was a photo of Moore punching Captain Tree (attached), as well as other photos to provide valuable background. It appears that Moore is frequently (totally) out of uniform. The Judges were appalled that she felt free to trot around an Army post, showing off her tight little.

Father Q Paul, the post chaplain and the young French Nun, Messaline, his spiritual aide testified.

[Major Grave burst out into a rather good rendition of "Mademoiselle from Armentières" when he spotted Messaline. Throughout her testimony, he would interrupt singing " Hinky Dinky Parlay Voo!"
Given their saintly calling, their evidence was regarded as unimpeachable.]

Both seemed to have become intimate with Moore during her brief stay. They reported that a distraught Moore came to them soon after arriving, seeking spiritual comfort. She was more inclined to complain and slander everyone at the post than to try to fit in. They had spent a whole day comforting and soothing her and were shocked and hurt to learn that she had subsequently complained to General Praetorius of “Father Paul’s and Sister Messaline’s wantonly unholy seduction of me in the chaplain’s quarters.” They both asked for forgiveness of Moore for her hateful accusations. Almost everyone in the court was moved deeply by their holy goodness.

Corporal Emily Houser, MP, reported that on the occasion of the last camp social, Lt. Moore had attempted to divert her from attending to her disciplinary duties with some frivolous order. She did volunteer that she was an expert at the use of almost any kind of whip there was and she was right-handed (the judges noted a possible complement to Loxuru?)

I spent most of the latter stages of the trial with my head in my hands, weeping. Lieutentant Brave, ever the optimist, continued her spirited defense, but with little effect other than sealing her own fate. Corporal Rodent's testimony was severely damaging. His photos were passed around several time, and I thought that Captain Tree's commentary on my physical assets ... which amounted to exclamations of "Damn, she's something!" especially demeaning. Wragg even composed a poem on the spot, which he shared with the court, entitled "ode to a lovely tight little", while Captain Jolly's countenance grew darker as he viewed each photo. Captain Goldman asked whether there were any donuts available for afternoon break, and seemed most interested in repeatedly viewing Corporal Rodent’s color photo of Lieutenant Brave and me naked together in the detention tent. Lt. Brave argued unsuccessfully that the photo was off limits under attorney-client privilege. General Praetorius asked for and pocketed said photo for further review.

Father Paul and his mistress assistant, Sister Messaline, were unholy in their accusations. They should both be defrocked, not granted forgiveness by the Court for their acts of seduction, taken when all I wanted was someone to hear my complaints.

And throughout it all the Major went on drooling while singing that dirty ditty!

MP Emily seemed to be in league with Sergeants Loxuru and Connoisseurs in her eagerness to volunteer administering corporal punishment if called upon to do so. General Praetorius beamed at her offer. Lieutenant Brave reminded her of her dereliction of duty in uncuffing me the night before in the detention tent. She replied that she could not have done so as she was in the mess tent at the time having a cup of coffee. Brave was admonished once again by the General for raising an irrelevant point.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fear not, I'm sure that the Nurses Kathy and FSG, not to mention my humble contribution,
will encourage the Judge Advocate General to call for further (and frequently repeated)
cross-examination (hopefully on crosses) of us cruxcial witnesses.
This could go on for a long time yet ... maybe even a re-trial ...

Tree couldn't testify with his broken jaw....

Always looking for sympathy ;)

Sufficient pain killer (Seagrams) allowed him to function at his normal efficiency.

Define “normal” ... always a challenge in Tree’s case :confused:

Fear not, I'm sure that the Nurses Kathy and FSG, not to mention my humble contribution,
will encourage the Judge Advocate General to call for further (and frequently repeated)

Like I said ... Head Nurse Eulalia was not a lot of help ... something has to be up when the term “cross-examination” brings up visions of crucifixions ... too much time in the Northern Forest perhaps? :p

Nurse FSG and I will gladly follow your lead Head nurse Eulalia.

Staff Sergeant Wilbur Loxuru, Motor Pool, confirmed some of what we had already heard. He volunteered that he had had extensive experience before and during WWII with administering corporal punishment on women (in case the defendant was found guilty). His right arm had been somewhat damaged in the war and he apologized that he could no longer give a proper salute as he had learned before the last war. However, he swore he could “lay it on with the best of them” with his left.
A whipping elbow, actually!:ambulance:

Since caught while fulfilling duty for the Fatherland,:roto2qtemeto: it is officially certified as a war wound!:roto2nuse:

Mademoiselle from Armentieres

Mademoiselle from Armentieres, Parley-voo?
Mademoiselle from Armentieres,
She hasn't been kissed in forty years,
Hinky, dinky, parley-voo.

She had the form like the back of a hack,
When she cried the tears ran down her back,

She never could hold the love of man
'Cause she took her baths in a talcum can,

She had four chins, her knees would knock,
And her face would stop a cuckoo clock,

She could beg a franc, a drink, a meal,
But it wasn't because of sex appeal,

She could guzzle a barrel of sour wine,
And eat a hog without peeling the rind,

The MPS think they won the war, Parley-voo.
The MPS think they won the war, Parley-voo.
The MPS think they won the war,
Standing guard at the café door,

The officers get the pie and cake, Parley-voo.
The officers get the pie and cake,
And all we get is the bellyache,

The sergeant ought to take a bath, Parley-voo.
The sergeant ought to take a bath, Parley-voo.
If he changes his underwear
The frogs will give him the Croix-de-Guerre,
Hinky-dinky, parley-voo.

You might forget the gas and shells, Parley-voo.
You might forget the gas and shells, Parley-voo.
You might forget the groans and yells
But you'll never forget the mademoiselles,

Just blow your nose, and dry your tears,
We'll all be back in a few short years,

Judges, Jurors and court personnel assembled in the VIP tent for a repast flown in this morning from Tokyo, courtesy of the JAG Corps. Beluga caviar (somewhat hard to obtain during the current unpleasantness with the Soviet Union), toasted French Bread points, as well as broiled Maine Lobster made a enjoyable meal. Armand de Brignac Ace of Spades Rose, Champagne helped wash it down to clear the way for the seven-layer chocolate torte.

Lieutenant Brave and I were given lunch in the guard tent. It consisted of two canteens of foul tasting water and three hard biscuits each.

The officers get the pie and cake,
And all we get is the bellyache,

"Caviar, lobster, torte and champagne always make me think of Mademoiselle from Armentieres for some reason. Now I must try to stay awake, don't want to miss dinner and the flogging"

Back
Top Bottom