Madbob (a.k.a Jdr) Torture Pictures Thread

Go to CruxDreams.com
The intense heat seems to have even gotten the dog down. I am so parched! Water please! Just a little water for my thirst, please! And what do you want with me? I am just a tourist!

After a few hours - and an accurate beating - you are brought to the detention center and locked inside a dirty toilet.
No questions have been asked, yet. Your skin is painfully scalded and your muscles ache.
Time passes.

(...)

You hear footsteps approaching from the other end of the corridor. It's the unmistakable sound that military boots produce against the concrete floor.

Attachments

• barb_burned.jpg
    barb_burned.jpg
    557.9 KB · Views: 3,394
After a few hours - and an accurate beating - you are brought to the detention center and locked inside a dirty toilet.
No questions have been asked, yet. Your skin is painfully scalded and your muscles ache.
Time passes.

(...)

You hear footsteps approaching from the other end of the corridor. It's the unmistakable sound that military boots produce against the concrete floor.

I don't suppose the flush works, does it? :oops:

before...
perp arrest 052.jpg
...and after...
504194-6bd72ea63a41abf5f873aa9f3818f619.jpg

I've used exclusively DAZ Studio/Iray for a year.
Now, I've decided to take another stab at Octane.
Opinions welcome.
Very good image, both in composition and in the quality of the image. May I ask why you're going back to Octane? I've been using Daz/Iray for about a year myself, and I like Iray a whole lot more than the older 3Delight. But I really don't know much about Octane.

I've used exclusively DAZ Studio/Iray for a year.
Now, I've decided to take another stab at Octane.
Opinions welcome.

I've used Poser for 20+ years but very little DAZ Studio, so I don't know that much about Iray and never used Octane. This Octane render looks good, nice highlight on the sword, skin tones look right, the highlights on the front of her body are bright without burning out, and nice soft shadows. I assume this is a ray-traced rendering?

Info about Octane, if you are interested:

https://home.otoy.com/render/octane-render/

Very good image, both in composition and in the quality of the image. May I ask why you're going back to Octane? I've been using Daz/Iray for about a year myself, and I like Iray a whole lot more than the older 3Delight. But I really don't know much about Octane.

Thanks bleumune. One of the reasons is that I own a (not exactly cheap) license. :) Octane has much in common with Iray but is less user-friendly, in my opinion. Like Iray, it's a physically based engine.

I've used Poser for 20+ years but very little DAZ Studio, so I don't know that much about Iray and never used Octane. This Octane render looks good, nice highlight on the sword, skin tones look right, the highlights on the front of her body are bright without burning out, and nice soft shadows. I assume this is a ray-traced rendering?

Thank you. Yes, Octane is a GPU-based ray tracer, or - more accurately speaking - a path tracer.
There is an Octane plugin for Poser that works very well.

https://home.otoy.com/render/octane-render/purchase/

Info about Octane, if you are interested:
https://home.otoy.com/render/octane-render/

Thanks bleumune. One of the reasons is that I own a (not exactly cheap) license. :) Octane has much in common with Iray but is less user-friendly, in my opinion. Like Iray, it's a physically based engine.
Thanks for the info. I guess I'll stick with Iray, despite the downside that it defaults to CPU rendering if the entire scene won't fit into your GPU. As long as you do scenes with three or fewer characters, my 6GB 980Ti works great AND fast. With four figures, it gets iffy. Anything greater and you're looking at twelve to twenty-four hours to render a scene at decent resolution. And it doesn't matter if you have a second 6GB 980Ti (I have); Iray will only use the second GPU if it also will hold the whole scene in memory. I have a scene with a dozen female conspirators being crucified in the arena, and I don't have enough years left to render the whole scene. Does Octane have the same downside?

Thanks for the info. I guess I'll stick with Iray, despite the downside that it defaults to CPU rendering if the entire scene won't fit into your GPU. As long as you do scenes with three or fewer characters, my 6GB 980Ti works great AND fast. With four figures, it gets iffy. Anything greater and you're looking at twelve to twenty-four hours to render a scene at decent resolution. And it doesn't matter if you have a second 6GB 980Ti (I have); Iray will only use the second GPU if it also will hold the whole scene in memory. I have a scene with a dozen female conspirators being crucified in the arena, and I don't have enough years left to render the whole scene. Does Octane have the same downside?

Iray is a great engine, in my opinion, and especially if you consider that it's totally free and acceptably documented.
Texture maps are a big problem because they eat VRAM. In Octane it's possible to reduce their size to 1/2 and 1/4 and it helps a lot, especially if the figures/props are far from the camera.
About render times, you may want to pay attention to the render settings and to some complex materials. Translucent objects, for example, can significantly slow down the engine.

Back
Top Bottom