Manipulations by Hammers

Go to CruxDreams.com
Eek! That’s not mine!

Hammers, your welcome to any compliments and encouragement, but what I posted was classic Damian. He’s been doing manipulations like this since 2000.

Click the Search button above and look him up. His work is all over CF.
That first one is an old one, but SO GOOD. I’ll probably never get over it. Hard for me to even understand what’s so good about it. In one sense, it’s very similar to a multitude of other works. But it really gets me in a unique way, every time.

I've never used Windows Paint. Does anyone know if there is a clone tool in it?
The basic 'Windows Paint' has no clone tool - only brushes, colours, text, cut, copy and paste.
Also, there is no magnetic lasso.
Unlike Photoshop or Corel, all the work has to be done in a single layer. :eek:

Hammers is developing some serious skills here! ;)

I would like to bring to the attention of Members of this Forum as well as of occasional Readers and specially to to those attracted by Middle Age plots and intrigues that the italian TV first Channel (Rai 1) is presently airing a Series taken from the famous writer's Umberto Eco novel 'THE
NAME OF THE ROSE'.
Till now 4 episodes have been aired some of them showing interesting scenes of women bondage, burning at the stake
and others. The second episode shows,though briefly, a woman charged with adultery being burned naked at the stake by the Inquisitor Bernardo Gui of the Dominican order. The fourth episode includes the woman Margherita (one of the leading characters of the fiction) chained up with
arms outstretched being rudely questioned by the aforesaid Inquisitor. The Series consists of 8 episodes in total and it is highly probable
that some more interesting scenes like these will be present.
Rai Television already sold the Series to networks in USA, Great Britain and other Countries, so it will be soon available worldwide.
Those who read the book or saw the 1986 movie starring Sean Connery will appreciate,as additional elements of interest, the accurate
reproduction of the Medieval settings and of the atmosphere adding to the detailed account of the events and to the introduction of new
characters not existing in the book. Also performances of the Actors are good coming from John Turturro, Rupert Everett, Michael Emerson
in the leading roles.
Thanks to all for attention

HAMMERS

Thanks for the alert on this! Sounds like something well worth viewing!

The basic 'Windows Paint' has no clone tool - only brushes, colours, text, cut, copy and paste.
Also, there is no magnetic lasso.
Unlike Photoshop or Corel, all the work has to be done in a single layer. :eek:

Hammers is developing some serious skills here! ;)

Think how much more he could do with a decent tool! Hammers, if you invest even a little time in learning something like Paint.net it will reward you enormously, you really are hamstrung using Paint!

Unfortunately I did not come to grip with Paint.Net as yet: I'm trying to find more time to progress in study and testings. So my primary tool is still Windows Paint. With best rgds
Clearly, you need better tools as WindowsPaint. I admire, what you reached with this tool. Remarkable.

Clearly, you need better tools as WindowsPaint. I admire, what you reached with this tool. Remarkable.
I am truly honoured to hear your appreciation of my work. As certainly you already know part of the merit also goes to Members of this Forum like
Bobinder, Wragg, Thehangingtree,Messaline, Phlebas (just to mention a few of them) and all others who, thus far, lent me advise and support.
They are a great incentive to me for improving the quality of my work as a beginner. They are my point of reference now and hope it will be the same in future: incidentally I will certainly need their help and yours' when I will be confronted with results of first attempts to use the new (for me)Paint.Net My best regards to you and to all!

HAMMERS

I like the picture very much, Hammers, and the shadows are good... only...

Where's the sun? :confused:

High on the left or high on the right? ;)
The right side is apparently brighter: please see the white statue,partly visible, behind the right side figures receiving a bright light.
The sun seems to come from high center and the scene on the left seems to receive a little less light.
At least this was my interpretation of it.

Hi Hammers, you have correctly identified the direction of sunlight as overhead and slightly behind the viewer. This is confirmed by the shadow of overhead foliage falling on the road in the foreground, the highlights on the stones at the sides of the road and their corresponding shadows on either side plus the statue, which is illuminated on its upper surfaces, with shadows beneath the armpits, groin and knee.

The existing foreground shadow is quite soft, indicating soft lighting, in my opinion.
It also tells us about the colour, density and general appearance of shadows on the road.

Overhead lighting casts shadows downwards, and since other members are trying out this exercise on your picture, my own suggested interpretation looks like this. I hope this is helpful, and not becoming too confusing. ;)

hammers xImage4.jpg

I agree with Bob : it seems that the light is coming from us who are viewing the scene, in fact, and that it follows the Via Appia ...

Attachments

• Lonely suffering alongside the Via Appia  March 20, 2019   Revised.jpg
    Lonely suffering alongside the Via Appia March 20, 2019 Revised.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 93
Back
Top Bottom