Manipulations by Hammers

Go to CruxDreams.com
689171-5d18040f26fc17f76da377701e4705dd.jpg
Well done Hammers. Good shadows now. Maybe are the crosses and victims a bit to big or to far in the background.
Hi Hammers, this is an interesting picture, and looking good - you are getting lots of experience now.

Hammers crucifixion of women who were a party to a treason 200pc.jpg

As Madi says, your shadow density is improving, and the scale of the inserted figures should be reduced.

You have chosen an attractive Roman background, which has some deceptive features - the man on the far left is very tall compared to the men on the far right. We need to observe the size and relative scale of these existing figures when deciding where to place our new figures, and what size to make them.

We also need to consider how the manipulation makes sense visually. This looks like a gatehouse for a main road leading out of a town. It would be inconvenient to sink two crosses in the middle of the road, but for whatever reason, it has now been done.

The lighting in the scene is fairly soft, according to the shadows cast by the men on the right, and other figures and features. And they show the direction of light to be from right to left.

So, your right hand crux figure, with the face of Makar's Julia, has the correct light and shadow orientation.
The left hand crux figure should be flipped to correct the lighting.
Their shadows should also fall to the left to be consistent with the other shadows in the scene.

I have demonstrated these points for you here. I hope this is helpful. ;)

Hammers crucifixion of women who were a party to a treason 200pc ps-mod1.jpg

Hi Hammers, this is an interesting picture, and looking good - you are getting lots of experience now.

As Madi says, your shadow density is improving, and the scale of the inserted figures should be reduced.

You have chosen an attractive Roman background, which has some deceptive features - the man on the far left is very tall compared to the men on the far right. We need to observe the size and relative scale of these existing figures when deciding where to place our new figures, and what size to make them.

We also need to consider how the manipulation makes sense visually. This looks like a gatehouse for a main road leading out of a town. It would be inconvenient to sink two crosses in the middle of the road, but for whatever reason, it has now been done.

The lighting in the scene is fairly soft, according to the shadows cast by the men on the right, and other figures and features. And they show the direction of light to be from right to left.

So, your right hand crux figure, with the face of Makar's Julia, has the correct light and shadow orientation.
The left hand crux figure should be flipped to correct the lighting.
Their shadows should also fall to the left to be consistent with the other shadows in the scene.

I have demonstrated these points for you here. I hope this is helpful. ;)

Hello Bobinder! Your notes and Madiosi's were welcome and appreciated. My interpretation of the existing scene before manipulation was the following:
apparently the place is an inner yard of a Roman fortification and the gateways lead to a surrounding countryside (please see the soldier
and the cart outside the left side arcade.) So the point where the women were placed should not be a point of public transit ,but an inner space for use of the garrison. The scene shows soldiers, each minding his own business, none of them paying attention to the victims as a sign of contempt for the condemned and indifference for their destiny.

Back
Top Bottom