Marcella's Dangerous Liaison

Go to CruxDreams.com
Can't finish this story. If anyone is reading please understand.

I wish I could delete the whole thread . . .

Thank you for the story you have written, and the courage to admit that it has come to its end.

There must be an inbuilt feature of the human brain which readily starts something like a story, but struggles to finish it. Maybe there is a subconscious idea that once the story is finished, it is 'dead', and humans just don't want to think about death, so the brain refuses to give out any more ideas?

There must be an inbuilt feature of the human brain which readily starts something like a story, but struggles to finish it. Maybe there is a subconscious idea that once the story is finished, it is 'dead', and humans just don't want to think about death, so the brain refuses to give out any more ideas?

Stories that go unfinished are not totally uncommon here and I think, from my own experience, that there are a number of reasons why it may happen. In some cases, it's simply that Real Life intervenes and too much time passes, making it difficult to pick up and finish the project.

For me, it has also been that I tend to begin writing stories when I have a bright idea about a certain kind of scenario and setting ... but since I often tend not to thoroughly plot out my stories to the very end in my mind before I start writing ... plunging instead into the writing with only a general long range idea of where I am going ... the thrill of writing can diminish once I have set up the situation and characters and taken them through the initial events that I had in mind when I launched the story. Bringing it to an ending that I can feel satisfied with then becomes more work than fun.

And, although I love every comment and critique I get, and would never wish otherwise than to have them in abundance ... sometimes, outside influences cause me to accommodate by altering my original concept, adding characters or events, for example, that eventually have the effect of making things too complex or difficult to tie together in a way that I liked ... so a kind of inertia sets in.

Old Slave's suggestion that stories are left incomplete out of a human refusal to contemplate the finality of death is an interesting one. I have to say, though, that plotting the imperiled unfortunate death of Barbara Moore ... whether on the cross, or hung by the neck, or by any other form of execution or sad demise ... has never daunted me from completing a story. Perhaps that is because I know for a fact that I (she) will inevitably be reincarnated here on CruxForums in yet another story, in which she will do it all over again. ;):facepalm:

Old Slave's suggestion that stories are left incomplete out of a human refusal to contemplate the finality of death is an interesting one. I have to say, though, that plotting the imperiled unfortunate death of Barbara Moore ... whether on the cross, or hung by the neck, or by any other form of execution or sad demise ... has never daunted me from completing a story. Perhaps that is because I know for a fact that I (she) will inevitably be reincarnated here on CruxForums in yet another story, in which she will do it all over again
Or some hormone-driven lovesick fool will save her tight little at the last possible moment..:cool::rolleyes:

Stories that go unfinished are not totally uncommon here and I think, from my own experience, that there are a number of reasons why it may happen. In some cases, it's simply that Real Life intervenes and too much time passes, making it difficult to pick up and finish the project.

For me, it has also been that I tend to begin writing stories when I have a bright idea about a certain kind of scenario and setting ... but since I often tend not to thoroughly plot out my stories to the very end in my mind before I start writing ... plunging instead into the writing with only a general long range idea of where I am going ... the thrill of writing can diminish once I have set up the situation and characters and taken them through the initial events that I had in mind when I launched the story. Bringing it to an ending that I can feel satisfied with then becomes more work than fun.

And, although I love every comment and critique I get, and would never wish otherwise than to have them in abundance ... sometimes, outside influences cause me to accommodate by altering my original concept, adding characters or events, for example, that eventually have the effect of making things too complex or difficult to tie together in a way that I liked ... so a kind of inertia sets in.

Old Slave's suggestion that stories are left incomplete out of a human refusal to contemplate the finality of death is an interesting one. I have to say, though, that plotting the imperiled unfortunate death of Barbara Moore ... whether on the cross, or hung by the neck, or by any other form of execution or sad demise ... has never daunted me from completing a story. Perhaps that is because I know for a fact that I (she) will inevitably be reincarnated here on CruxForums in yet another story, in which she will do it all over again. ;):facepalm:

Interesting theory by Old Slave. I make myself the lead character when I write and I don't have any qualms about having myself killed/executed. This story just got too complicated. I know where I want to go but I can't see a way of getting there in an interesting, captivating way that would make people want to read it. I see any number of endings possible, but I want one with a real emotional gut-punch. Like a "Wow! I didn't see that coming!" reaction from the reader.

Maybe I'll re-boot it as a new thread. Would that be acceptable?

Perhaps that is because I know for a fact that I (she) will inevitably be reincarnated here on CruxForums in yet another story, in which she will do it all over again. ;):facepalm:

Exactly.
Your brain knows you are not going to end, but the story is. It's enjoying composing the story (erotic endorphins?) and doesn't want it to end. So sometimes it refuses.

Is there an inverse correlation between the author's erotic heights and finishing the story?

Exactly.
Your brain knows you are not going to end, but the story is. It's enjoying composing the story (erotic endorphins?) and doesn't want it to end. So sometimes it refuses.

Is there an inverse correlation between the author's erotic heights and finishing the story?

Writing "Liaisons" to this point has been a highly erotic experience for me as it contains a lot of my sexual fantasies. Maybe that's why I couldn't clear my head enough to finish. Just thinking about what I had to write eroticized me to the point that I couldn't think clearly. I'd start writing them get so swept away by my sexual fantasies that I was unable to continue writing. Once I had calmed down :rolleyes: I didn't have as much interest in writing again.

Though, I must say, my boyfriend (who doesn't know about my interests in CF) benefited greatly from my unusually aroused states at times!:D

Writing "Liaisons" to this point has been a highly erotic experience for me as it contains a lot of my sexual fantasies. Maybe that's why I couldn't clear my head enough to finish. Just thinking about what I had to write eroticized me to the point that I couldn't think clearly. I'd start writing them get so swept away by my sexual fantasies that I was unable to continue writing. Once I had calmed down :rolleyes: I didn't have as much interest in writing again.

Though, I must say, my boyfriend (who doesn't know about my interests in CF) benefited greatly from my unusually aroused states at times!:D
Well, I am glad more than just us benefited! It's good you are back! (Have her arrested and tried!!!)

Thank you for sharing those intimate erotic experiences with us :)

Yes! One of my fantasies!

Stripped to the waist standing before the judge. Hands tied behind me! The judge and everyone else staring at my tits. I stare back--defiantly!

"Fuck all of you!"

Oh yeah! A big turn-on.

Mmmmm ... fantasy of mine too ;)

I wish I could delete the whole thread . . .
no no don't. People have enjoyed it so far... and even if it discontinues here it is good as it is.
Should never have started something I could not finish. Too complicated. I'm not happy with myself.
I do understand that feeling but don't be angry at the story or your imagination...
I know where I want to go but I can't see a way of getting there in an interesting, captivating way that would make people want to read it.
Hmm, maybe just jump ahead a bit. If there are too many boring steps in between ... jump ahead and retell only the interesting ones...
I see any number of endings possible, but I want one with a real emotional gut-punch.
... there are a lot of stories where we know from the beginning how it ends (such as, classical tragedies...) but that doesn't rob them of their gut-wrenching impact. Even one of the 'obvious' endings can still be fulfilling...
I'd start writing them get so swept away by my sexual fantasies that I was unable to continue writing. Once I had calmed down :rolleyes: I didn't have as much interest in writing again. Though, I must say, my boyfriend (who doesn't know about my interests in CF) benefited greatly from my unusually aroused states at times!
hmmm umm why would you feel bad about or want to delete something that's been so good for the both of you ;)
Take all my comments with a grain of salt _(or a ton) as I'm a serial offender when it comes to unfinished stories (the only ones I finish are the ones that are intentionally unfinished or embedded within other's writing) ... but well so I'm familiar with these feelings...

Back
Top Bottom