Mass crux

Go to CruxDreams.com
This emperor has no sense of beauty! "What an actor is dying!"
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder (who can even see beauty in fire devastating Rome). The beauty problem of a mass crucifixion cab easily be solved by decorating the crosses with flower garlands.

I see, in some images, that the birds are beginning to gather. Imagen what it must be like to have them start feeding on you while you are still alive.
I thought I'd write about the Tmaster message, although I don't know if my text is the most appropriate for this thread

Mass = more than 3 victims – as Phlebas wrote.

Maybe this picture is suitable as next example?
1.jpg

The vultures on the sky are also here. vultures and ravens – scavengers, carrion birds.

I don’t know if it is realistic or not, if historically true, though probably - in my opinion. I always imagined, looking with eyes of my fantasy for such places in Roman times, in these regions of hot and dry climate, where my favourite place as example is ancient Judea.

So – I imagined that these ancient cites have always such special place – place for regular executions of common criminals. Roman law was harsh, even minor offenses were punished severely, sentences were carried out frequently, publicly, and were intended to be a deterrent. Thus such a special place had to be created and located somewhere. But where?

For sure outside city walls, but rather not at most representative entrance to the city. If a city had several gates, one of the less important but frequently used ones would certainly be chosen. One of side gates.

Cities designated places to dispose of garbage, waste and sewage, using natural crevices, depressions in the ground, or dug ditches into which residents threw it all. Probably the garbage in the ditches was set on fire, so the area was dirty, often filled with stinking smoke, with rats, wandering stray dogs, visited by hyenas at nights... And if only for sanitary reasons, somewhere behind the side gate of the city, between the city and this garbage dump, but probably close to the garbage dump such a place for regular executions should be placed. There is a gate nearby, so there is a road and people are walking along it, the ordinary ones, on whom such a place is supposed to have an appropriate impact. Such is the aim. And common people have to go with their waste to the garbage dump ..

Yes …
… empty and stony place, with protruding crooked, old pillars - stipes, with some kind of scaffoldings or primitive wooden structures, next to garbage dump, … where criminals are hanged, impaled, crucified – killed in some terrible way. There is garbage scattered around by the wind and animals, the stench of death and garbage dumps, swarms of flies in the air, remains of bones and old skulls of those unburied... because only a few were lucky that their bodies were given for burial - in most cases they were thrown into pits and burned together with garbage, its remains spread by animals, or left high, in view, to cause terror - corpses hanging or stretched on crosses... food for vultures and ravens...

Certainly such a place aroused the greatest fear, it was cursed and unclean. No respectable citizen should set foot there because it would be a disgrace to him. Everyone who died there was cursed - and if we imagine that in this Judea nudity was a taboo - male nudity especially, because even with their wives they made love with the lights off - the nightmare of being executed there was beyond anything imaginable. All the more so because there was certainly no shortage of willing people, especially the destitute, the homeless or loitering teenagers, and others who, driven by a hidden feeling of wanting to see horror, something shocking terrible, came there and looked at. And all those numerous, ordinary people who had to pass there - also looked, glanced, even briefly and maybe with feigned indifference - but that's how people are... sometimes they want to see such things. And what was seen remained in the memory …
Coming back to the vultures and ravens - they had to be constantly in such places - at these garbage dumps, at these execution sites. They were at home there, fighting with each other and with other animals for the best place, for the best bites. And the bodies of criminals - those high up, were only for them... especially those left for longer, left as a warning. And certainly the first ones to be torn out were the eyes and the mouths, the swollen tongues, the genitals, and the nipples... then the bellies of the hanging people because that was the way to get to the entrails...

Such a place was a vestibule of hell, or hell itself... In Jerusalem - the Valley of Hinnom - Gehenna, was used by the inhabitants of Jerusalem as a garbage incinerator.

Also in Rabbinic Tradition Dudael, the location where the goat for Azazel where thrown, was said to be East of Jerusalem and was also associated with Gehenna. Where also Golgotha there ???.

2.jpg this is picture of PhilX
3.jpg

I don't know if it really was like that, but maybe carrion birds only attacked dead bodies? They had plenty of food, and the dead body quickly "softens" in the heat, making it easier to consume... But they were certainly terrifying! The condemned were aware of their presence - and terrible birds checked whether the victim was still alive, sat on the cross, pecked the crooked fingers of the crucified, looked whether the body was still moving or shaking, ... waited for Death - like Her acolytes ...

4.jpg found somewhere on Forum

I thought I'd write about the Tmaster message, although I don't know if my text is the most appropriate for this thread

Maybe this picture is suitable as next example?
View attachment 1429518

The vultures on the sky are also here. vultures and ravens – scavengers, carrion birds.

I don’t know if it is realistic or not, if historically true, though probably - in my opinion. I always imagined, looking with eyes of my fantasy for such places in Roman times, in these regions of hot and dry climate, where my favourite place as example is ancient Judea.

So – I imagined that these ancient cites have always such special place – place for regular executions of common criminals. Roman law was harsh, even minor offenses were punished severely, sentences were carried out frequently, publicly, and were intended to be a deterrent. Thus such a special place had to be created and located somewhere. But where?

For sure outside city walls, but rather not at most representative entrance to the city. If a city had several gates, one of the less important but frequently used ones would certainly be chosen. One of side gates.

Cities designated places to dispose of garbage, waste and sewage, using natural crevices, depressions in the ground, or dug ditches into which residents threw it all. Probably the garbage in the ditches was set on fire, so the area was dirty, often filled with stinking smoke, with rats, wandering stray dogs, visited by hyenas at nights... And if only for sanitary reasons, somewhere behind the side gate of the city, between the city and this garbage dump, but probably close to the garbage dump such a place for regular executions should be placed. There is a gate nearby, so there is a road and people are walking along it, the ordinary ones, on whom such a place is supposed to have an appropriate impact. Such is the aim. And common people have to go with their waste to the garbage dump ..

Yes …
… empty and stony place, with protruding crooked, old pillars - stipes, with some kind of scaffoldings or primitive wooden structures, next to garbage dump, … where criminals are hanged, impaled, crucified – killed in some terrible way. There is garbage scattered around by the wind and animals, the stench of death and garbage dumps, swarms of flies in the air, remains of bones and old skulls of those unburied... because only a few were lucky that their bodies were given for burial - in most cases they were thrown into pits and burned together with garbage, its remains spread by animals, or left high, in view, to cause terror - corpses hanging or stretched on crosses... food for vultures and ravens...

Certainly such a place aroused the greatest fear, it was cursed and unclean. No respectable citizen should set foot there because it would be a disgrace to him. Everyone who died there was cursed - and if we imagine that in this Judea nudity was a taboo - male nudity especially, because even with their wives they made love with the lights off - the nightmare of being executed there was beyond anything imaginable. All the more so because there was certainly no shortage of willing people, especially the destitute, the homeless or loitering teenagers, and others who, driven by a hidden feeling of wanting to see horror, something shocking terrible, came there and looked at. And all those numerous, ordinary people who had to pass there - also looked, glanced, even briefly and maybe with feigned indifference - but that's how people are... sometimes they want to see such things. And what was seen remained in the memory …
Coming back to the vultures and ravens - they had to be constantly in such places - at these garbage dumps, at these execution sites. They were at home there, fighting with each other and with other animals for the best place, for the best bites. And the bodies of criminals - those high up, were only for them... especially those left for longer, left as a warning. And certainly the first ones to be torn out were the eyes and the mouths, the swollen tongues, the genitals, and the nipples... then the bellies of the hanging people because that was the way to get to the entrails...

Such a place was a vestibule of hell, or hell itself... In Jerusalem - the Valley of Hinnom - Gehenna, was used by the inhabitants of Jerusalem as a garbage incinerator.

Also in Rabbinic Tradition Dudael, the location where the goat for Azazel where thrown, was said to be East of Jerusalem and was also associated with Gehenna. Where also Golgotha there ???.

View attachment 1429519 this is picture of PhilX
View attachment 1429521

I don't know if it really was like that, but maybe carrion birds only attacked dead bodies? They had plenty of food, and the dead body quickly "softens" in the heat, making it easier to consume... But they were certainly terrifying! The condemned were aware of their presence - and terrible birds checked whether the victim was still alive, sat on the cross, pecked the crooked fingers of the crucified, looked whether the body was still moving or shaking, ... waited for Death - like Her acolytes ...

View attachment 1429524 found somewhere on Forum
Great story Wikk. I particularly like the first two views, those upright poles awaiting the tortured.

Great story Wikk. I particularly like the first two views, those upright poles awaiting the tortured.
Thank you Vindex,
I was always impressed, even with some fear, watching the execution site in the movie The Last Temptation... by M. Scorsese.
The second place is from that movie, slightly modified...

Are there any pictures/drawing of mass mixed crux, both male and female especially featuring older people.
I prefer a woman of more rounded and natural curves hung on the cross
Any suggestions gratefully received.
We should organize real mass crucifixion

As the ancient Greeks said: "no less than three graces, no more than nine muses" The rule of pleasant reclining at a feast is well suited for crucifixion! From three to nine crosses, this is a group crucifixion. Over 9 or at least 12 in the number of Olympian gods, this is already a mass crucifixion. The maximum after which depersonalization begins is 12 pairs of men and women crucified in one place

Back
Top Bottom