Matroska (mkv) video format

Go to CruxDreams.com
Could the site admin add the .mkv video container file type to the list of allowed formats for uploaded files?
It's a commonly used, open standard, free container format.

We can pass that up the line, Hangnail, it's certainly not something that we moderators have access to.

Could the site admin add the .mkv video container file type to the list of allowed formats for uploaded files?
It's a commonly used, open standard, free container format.
Upload your video on a alternative place (GoogleDrive, MicrosoftCloud, DropBox etc.) and set a link in the posting. Maybe with a screenshot of the video. You keep the power over the content.
The file size limit here on CF is only 10MB. Probably to little for mkv-videos.

Upload your video on a alternative place (GoogleDrive, MicrosoftCloud, DropBox etc.) and set a link in the posting. ...
The file size limit here on CF is only 10MB. Probably to little for mkv-videos.

I have a 1.8MB .mkv video that I want to share.
I suggest we should be as user-friendly as possible to those with content to share, not make them jump through hoops.
I am not proposing any change in the allowed upload size, but if we accept .mp4, why not .mkv ?

I suggest we should be as user-friendly as possible to those with content to share, not make them jump through hoops.
I am not proposing any change in the allowed upload size, but if we accept .mp4, why not .mkv ?
I have asked the question of Imagemaker.

Mkv is an excellent format but it would only take a few seconds to convert it to mp4 online...a lot less time and possibly expense that it would cost IM to alter whatever settings even if it were possible. Nobody is trying to make anyone jump through hoops.

Back
Top Bottom