Messa In Pacific, Missouri In The Late 1800s

Go to CruxDreams.com

thehangingtree

Proconsul
Staff member
Messaline goes to Pacific, Missouri

In the mid-1800 the Pacific Railroad began laying track west of St. Louis. The town of Pacific, Missouri was one of its first destinations as vast deposits of silica had been found, an essential ingredient for glass and fine crystal. Many of the underground mines have been played out but there is still an active silica strip mine hidden in the hills just out of town.

A Pacific mine.jpg

The railroad would change its name to the Missouri Pacific Railroad but never made it to the Pacific coast until in the late 1900s when it was bought by the Union Pacific Railroad. So what the hell does this have to do with anything here, you ask?

In the late 1800s a French woman named Messaline, a pretender to the French Crown, came to America on a steamer. She found New York enjoyable but she was burning through her money as there was no more a demand for French baronesses in New York as there was in Paris. It was suggested she go west to St. Louis as there was a large French community there and was far cheaper than New York. In St. Louis she found it was more affordable but her title of baroness was no more respected there than in New York or Paris and the very Catholic city would impede her from earning money one way she could. It was suggested she move to Pacific, Missouri, as the mining town had had far more men than women who also made more money than they could spend on drinks.

One could question the morality of this but not Messaline’s business sense. She started in the railroad hotel servicing miners and railroad workers but saved her money and before long had an ornate house built (yes some of the work was paid for on her back, but the artisans and Messaline both thought they got a fair deal) that allowed her to move to more upscale clientele.

pb 18.jpg

This would become Messaline’s undoing as will be explained soon…

Tree

In the mid-1800 the Pacific Railroad began laying track west of St. Louis. The town of Pacific, Missouri was one of its first destinations as vast deposits of silica had been found, an essential ingredient for glass and fine crystal. Many of the underground mines have been played out but there is still an active silica strip mine hidden in the hills just out of town.

View attachment 278631

The railroad would change its name to the Missouri Pacific Railroad but never made it to the Pacific coast until in the late 1900s when it was bought by the Union Pacific Railroad. So what the hell does this have to do with anything here, you ask?

In the late 1800s a French woman named Messaline, a pretender to the French Crown, came to America on a steamer. She found New York enjoyable but she was burning through her money as there was no more a demand for French baronesses in New York as there was in Paris. It was suggested she go west to St. Louis as there was a large French community there and was far cheaper than New York. In St. Louis she found it was more affordable but her title of baroness was no more respected there than in New York or Paris and the very Catholic city would impede her from earning money one way she could. It was suggested she move to Pacific, Missouri, as the mining town had had far more men than women who also made more money than they could spend on drinks.

One could question the morality of this but not Messaline’s business sense. She started in the railroad hotel servicing miners and railroad workers but saved her money and before long had an ornate house built (yes some of the work was paid for on her back, but the artisans and Messaline both thought they got a fair deal) that allowed her to move to more upscale clientele.

View attachment 278632

Tree

Really nice job of capturing that old west/ western movie feet,Tree.

image.jpg .image.jpg ... ;)

Be careful Messa!

Really nice job of capturing that old west/ western movie feet,Tree.

View attachment 278636 .View attachment 278637 ... ;)

Be careful Messa!
Thanks, Siss. This will (really) be a short story but I did want to capture a bit of history...

the cowboys back then would have marveled at the 'artillery' around here now.

I have two .22 guns and am considered 'unarmed'....

Thanks, Siss. This will (really) be a short story but I did want to capture a bit of history...

the cowboys back then would have marveled at the 'artillery' around here now.

I have two .22 guns and am considered 'unarmed'....

Damn I have Winnchester 30 30 Ranger.

Last edited:

View attachment 278631

View attachment 278632

Tree

Tree

A history lesson before history!

I liked.

Top-cat

Last edited:

The most beautiful woman of the world can only give what she has ....:D

269_erica_blanc_02.jpg ...

... and "la petite culotte " too !:devil:

filles-du-golden-saloon-les-movie-poster-1975-1020378463.jpg ......

Do the guns tend to go off before they are cocked?

Do French girls have such a need that they to tend pull their own triggers?

Or is it simply and exercise in futility?

MINI-SKIRT.jpg ;)

You see, even though Pacific is near the thriving city of St. Louis, it was closer a lawless western town than a refined metropolitan city and two of the most powerful people in the town were Melissa and Julia, proprietors of the Great Pacific Coffee Company (and brothel extraordinaire). As Messa began to siphon off their wealthiest clients from mine owners to railroad executives they summoned the sheriff, a gentleman named T. H. Tree but known locally as ‘Tree’.

He showed up at the coffee shop and was led to Melissa’s private quarters. He was seated at a table on the third floor of the shop. He looked at the silk tablecloth and his filthy leather duster, not wanting to lean on the table. He was obviously uncomfortable and was about to dig out his flask when a naked waitress poured him a tall glass of bourbon and informed him Mistress Melissa would be with him shortly and spreads a cheap cotton cloth over the silk tablecloth. Tree mutters ‘thank you’ as Melissa strolls in dressed for the summer warmth and sits across from him.

madame WU book 6.jpg

“Tree, I have a problem I need you to take care of. This Messaline is skimming the cream of my customers off. I need you to eliminate her.”

“Melissa, it is not against the law to compete in the United States” Tree replies. “Perhaps she has a better ‘product’.”

Melissa leans towards him and says “Listen, you son of a bitch, Julia and I built this town on our backs! I don’t remember when the last time you paid for a drink or a woman here. Has Messaline bought you off to?”

“I can’t even get to her door” Tree admits. “What do you want me to do; send her back to St. Louis?”

“Tree, I said I want her eliminated. Arrest her on morals charges and hang her” Melissa demands.

“She doesn’t do anything you and your ladies do” Tree protests.

“Oh yes she does! She does fellatio!!!” Melissa said indignantly.

“Really... what is ‘fellatio’, Mel?” Tree asked.

She rolled her eyes and said “She will suck you cock, Tree!”

“REALLY??? Why would she do that?” Tree asked.

“For money, you idiot!” Melissa says.

Tree reaches into his duster’s pocket and feels the wad of bills. Melissa barked “Don’t even think it, Tree, or you will pay for everything you get here!”

“Don’t get you pantaloons twisted in knot, Mel. I’ll take care of her” Tree assured her. Late that afternoon two of Tree’s deputies arrested Messaline at her home while she was bathing. After they pulled her from her tub they locked her wrists in irons behind her back and hauled naked down the street to the Great Pacific Coffee Company building where Tree maintained an apartment for when he was too drunk to ride back to the Tree Estate.

sw lynch 2.jpg

They brought her into his quarters and Tree looked at Messaline and the two deputies. He rolled a cigarette and lit it then asked his deputies “What are you idiots doing?”

“You told her to arrest her, boss” one of them said.

“Nooooo… I told you to fetch her, and I didn’t mean out of bed.”

“We didn’t” the other said “she was in the tub!”

“Get those irons off her wrists and get the hell out of here! Sit down, Messaline.”

She did and asked what this was all about. Tree said “It ain’t good, Messa. The powers that be in this town want you gone.”

“And that would be?” Messa asked.

“The proprietors of the coffee shop.”

“Then I will leave”

“They want you gone forever” Tree clarified.

“I won’t come back”

“You don’t understand, Messa. They want you gone forever; You are going to be hanged Saturday” Tree explained.

“Oh” Messa said…

owp 113.jpg

Tree

“You don’t understand, Messa. They want you gone forever; You are going to be hanged Saturday” Tree explained.

" Dont you crucify women , here ? " Messa said " I was thinking of that ,like we are on CruxForums ... I should prefer , but have I the choice ? ) ...:(

Attachments

• agleMandyBlondeMomentTourquise-vi.gif
    agleMandyBlondeMomentTourquise-vi.gif
    553.6 KB · Views: 43
" Dont you crucify women , here ? " Messa said " I was thinking of that ,like we are on CruxForums ... I should prefer , but have I the choice ? ) ...:(
Often we do but Missouri forests have been decimated but over harvesting in the 1880s as the demand for oak to make railroad ties had outstripped the growth rate of oak and the cost of importing Premium French Crucifixion Wood was prohibitive. However, Missouri has a perfect climate for growing 'hemp' that not only makes a great rope but an entaining smoke...:cool::p:rolleyes:

Tree

Often we do but Missouri forests have been decimated but over harvesting in the 1880s as the demand for oak to make railroad ties had outstripped the growth rate of oak and the cost of importing Premium French Crucifixion Wood was prohibitive. However, Missouri has a perfect climate for growing 'hemp' that not only makes a great rope but an entaining smoke...:cool::p:rolleyes:

Tree
Railroad ties, railroad spikes, raw materials for the taking, Tree! :)

1875 Railway accident.jpg

Oops! :doh: :eek:

Back
Top Bottom