Milestones

Go to CruxDreams.com
Today is commomerated the beginning of the Battle of Passchendaele, or Third Battle of Ypres (31 July 1917). One of the bloodiest battles of trench warfare, and another attempt, mainly undertaken by British and Commonwealth troops, to break through the German lines. The battle lasted until November 10th 1917.

Today is commomerated the beginning of the Battle of Passchendaele, or Third Battle of Ypres (31 July 1917). One of the bloodiest battles of trench warfare, and another attempt, mainly undertaken by British and Commonwealth troops, to break through the German lines. The battle lasted until November 10th 1917.

Although the ceremony at the Menin Gate was mainly a British and Commonwealth affair, there was a small German presence (a few German graves at Tyne Cot cemetary). I hope joint remembrances of the horrors of war become more common, it's too easy for military ceremonies to still be boasting "We won, and look, our forces are still better than yours!"

While I was asleep last night someone, Jollyrei I think, dished me up my 50,000th like.

Well, thanks Jollyrei, and thanks everyone else! :)

Congrats my good man. Now you have almost as many "likes" as you have demerits. Keep up the good work! The ancestors in all those musty portraits decorating the walls of Cruxton Abbey must be smiling down on you ;)

Actually I've only just noticed, just before you topped 50,000 Wragg,
I snuck past 80.000 - not sure who gave me the crucial nudge,
but thanks everyone! :bdsm-heart:

Well deserved (and that doesn't include what was lost in the Great Crash of the Summer of 2013)!!!!! ;)

Back
Top Bottom