Milestones

Go to CruxDreams.com
Still, 'The Bonnie Blue Flag' has more punch!
There is a unionist rejoinder to "Bonnie Blue Flag", called "Battle Cry of Freedom".
General Grant always felt that even though the South lost the war, they won the sentimental propaganda war afterward. Unfortunately, there is some truth to that. I always felt "Little Phil" Sheridan was just as good a general as "Stonewall" Jackson. Nathan Bedford Forest was as close as you could get to a war criminal.

I was wondering, I could see there was a gap in his film-making between 1939 and 1951 -
I thought he wouldn't have returned to Nazi Germany, but would have been interned
as an 'enemy alien' by the British in India, and that's confirmed on the archive website
put up by his family:
http://wirschingarchive.com/

As he was a German national living in the erstwhile British colony of India, in 1939 he was interned for the period of World War II in an internment camp for foreign nationals, firstly in Ahmednagar, then Dehra-Dun and finally Satara and all of savings and assets in India were confiscated by the British. He and his family were finally released from internment in 1947 after which he returned to ‘Bombay Talkies’ which by now had changed ownership.

I was wondering, I could see there was a gap in his film-making between 1939 and 1951 -
I thought he wouldn't have returned to Nazi Germany, but would have been interned
as an 'enemy alien' by the British in India, and that's confirmed on the archive website
put up by his family:
http://wirschingarchive.com/

As he was a German national living in the erstwhile British colony of India, in 1939 he was interned for the period of World War II in an internment camp for foreign nationals, firstly in Ahmednagar, then Dehra-Dun and finally Satara and all of savings and assets in India were confiscated by the British. He and his family were finally released from internment in 1947 after which he returned to ‘Bombay Talkies’ which by now had changed ownership.
Thank you!

Happy New Year 2018 everybody, from the future :D

5201.jpg9295792-3x2-940x627.jpg9295798-3x2-940x627.jpg

(tonight's fireworks, it's now 12:27 1st of January)

I will get a copy of the book and keep it by my bedside for times when I am having trouble sleeping...
The prime numbers one, or the Book of Good Behaviour? (That's a very short one :demon7:)

Back
Top Bottom