Milestones

Go to CruxDreams.com
Worldwide palindrome day today. The date reads 02/02/2020, hence identical in two directions.

Likely the only time we will live one in our lifetime. The next palindrome date is 12/12/2121, then follows 03/03/3030, 04/04/4040,....

The previous one is already some time ago too : 11/11/1111. I bet they have burned a witch to celebrate it, then.

Incidentally, today is the 33th day of the year, and 333 days will follow.

Due to the millenium change, those of us aged, let's say over thirty, have had also the occasion to live during two palindromic years (1991 and 2002), which is also exceptional, since they usually are separated by more than 100 years.
And how many (besides me) lived through the last upside-down year? It was 1961.

Don't hold your breath for the next. It's not until 6009. :nut: :nut: :nut: :nut:

Oh, the usual suspects. Any or all of the CF cruxgirls. The Moore the merrier, I always say!
A guy was late for a rendezvous with friends, when they asked him for a reason, he said that on the way he had stopped to pick up a female hitch hiker but she had proved to be a witch. They asked him how he knew, he said "Well she put her hand on my crotch and I turned into a lay by"

me heard in discovery channel Mary Magdalene give apostols money becuse they not working just learn people and must have money to eat sleep somewhere and other things and also they told probarly was older women than Jesus and probarly mary becuse not mary jew who no have any children and wife cannot speak to others in jews church, also they told have probarly daughter Sara and later Magdalene escape to France from Jerusalem becouse of jews persecution and live in cave in france and be priestess and heal people also they write Peter not like Magdalene becuse Jesus like Magdalene more than apostols and even say that and also Peter arguing with Magdalene when she learn people. Also they found document of mary probarly Jesus and Magdalene and also in one document or apocryphal evanglion write they kissu in mouth so probarly marry. :cat: :oops: :conejo:

me heard in discovery channel Mary Magdalene give apostols money becuse they not working just learn people and must have money to eat sleep somewhere and other things and also they told probarly was older women than Jesus and probarly mary becuse not mary jew who no have any children and wife cannot speak to others in jews church, also they told have probarly daughter Sara and later Magdalene escape to France from Jerusalem becouse of jews persecution and live in cave in france and be priestess and heal people also they write Peter not like Magdalene becuse Jesus like Magdalene more than apostols and even say that and also Peter arguing with Magdalene when she learn people. Also they found document of mary probarly Jesus and Magdalene and also in one document or apocryphal evanglion write they kissu in mouth so probarly marry. :cat: :oops: :conejo:
That's what we are missing : The Gospel according to Mary Magdalene!

WelshWebb intended this as an alternate universe female Christ. But I’ve always seen these three as Mary Magdalene flanked by Mary and Martha of Bethany, crucified for failing to shut up about that damn carpenter.

Attachments

• 2315DC4B-0B01-4C64-B829-001A2688920E.jpeg
    2315DC4B-0B01-4C64-B829-001A2688920E.jpeg
    388.9 KB · Views: 57
Jesus was a fairly common name in Judea in the first century. (It still is in spanish-speaking countries.) So maybe it's named after Jesus Schwartz or somebody, who made a fortune in bagels. Loaves and fishes (lox) are a theme in the gospels, after all.
Probably Jesus Jones, it's the Welsh college
(I see Jesus Jones is the name of a band - from Wiltshire in England :confused: )

There actually is an apocryphal Gospel according to Mary Magdalen:

The Gospel of Mary
from https://www.bbc.co.uk/religion/religions/christianity/history/marymagdalene.shtml#h7

The reason why she is not [recognised as an apostle] perhaps lies in another long lost apocryphal text. In a Cairo bazaar in 1896, a German scholar happened to come across a curious papyrus book. Bound in leather and written in Coptic, this was the Gospel of Mary.

Like the books found at Nag Hammadi, the Gospel according to Mary Magdalene is also considered an apocryphal text. The story it contains begins some time after the resurrection. The disciples have just had a vision of Jesus.

Jesus has encouraged his disciples to go out and preach his teachings to the world, but they are afraid to do so because he was killed for it, and they say "if they killed him, they are going to kill us too". It's Mary who steps forward and says: don't be worried, he promised he would be with us to protect us. It says she turns their hearts toward the good and they begin to discuss the words of the Saviour.

In texts like the Gospel of Philip, Mary was presented as a symbol of wisdom. However in the Gospel of Mary, she is the one in charge, telling the disciples about Jesus' teachings.

At this point Peter asks Mary to tell them some things that she might have heard, but which the other disciples haven't. She says "Yes, I will tell you what has been hidden from you". She talks about a vision she had of Jesus and a conversation that she had with him. As the Gospel tells it, Mary then relates the details of this conversation, which is to do with spiritual development the soul's lifelong battle with evil.

At this point controversy arises, and Andrew steps in and says "well, I don't know what the rest of you think, but these things seem very strange to me, and it seems that she's telling us teachings that are different from the Saviour." Peter then chimes in and he says, "Are we supposed to now all turn around and listen to her? Would Jesus have spoken privately with a woman rather than openly to us? Did he prefer her to us?"

Matthew defends Mary and quells Peter's attack on her. In the text, Peter's problem seems to be that Jesus selected Mary above the other disciples to interpret his teachings. Peter sees Mary as a rival for the leadership of the group itself.

Peter need not have feared. Most people think of Peter as the rock upon which the church was established. He is the main or major disciple figure, and Mary Magdalene is a kind of side figure in the cast of characters.

One of the absolutely fascinating things about the Gospel of Mary is it really asks us to rethink that story about Christian history: did all the disciples get it? Did they really understand and preach the truth?

Perhaps the Gospel of Mary was just too radical. It presents Mary as a teacher and spiritual guide to the other disciples. She's not just a disciple; she's the apostle to the apostles.

[Eul note: it's a papyrus codex probably of the 5th century (a fragment in Greek has also been found), the text probably dates from some time in the 2nd century. Although discovered in 1896 it wasn't published until 1955 - not because of any malicious conspiracy, rather a chapter of accidents ranging from a burst water-pipe to a couple of world wars]

Last edited:
There actually is an apocryphal Gospel according to Mary Magdalen:

The Gospel of Mary
from https://www.bbc.co.uk/religion/religions/christianity/history/marymagdalene.shtml#h7

The reason why she is not [recognised as an apostle] perhaps lies in another long lost apocryphal text. In a Cairo bazaar in 1896, a German scholar happened to come across a curious papyrus book. Bound in leather and written in Coptic, this was the Gospel of Mary.

Like the books found at Nag Hammadi, the Gospel according to Mary Magdalene is also considered an apocryphal text. The story it contains begins some time after the resurrection. The disciples have just had a vision of Jesus.

Jesus has encouraged his disciples to go out and preach his teachings to the world, but they are afraid to do so because he was killed for it, and they say "if they killed him, they are going to kill us too". It's Mary who steps forward and says: don't be worried, he promised he would be with us to protect us. It says she turns their hearts toward the good and they begin to discuss the words of the Saviour.

In texts like the Gospel of Philip, Mary was presented as a symbol of wisdom. However in the Gospel of Mary, she is the one in charge, telling the disciples about Jesus' teachings.

At this point Peter asks Mary to tell them some things that she might have heard, but which the other disciples haven't. She says "Yes, I will tell you what has been hidden from you". She talks about a vision she had of Jesus and a conversation that she had with him. As the Gospel tells it, Mary then relates the details of this conversation, which is to do with spiritual development the soul's lifelong battle with evil.

At this point controversy arises, and Andrew steps in and says "well, I don't know what the rest of you think, but these things seem very strange to me, and it seems that she's telling us teachings that are different from the Saviour." Peter then chimes in and he says, "Are we supposed to now all turn around and listen to her? Would Jesus have spoken privately with a woman rather than openly to us? Did he prefer her to us?"

Matthew defends Mary and quells Peter's attack on her. In the text, Peter's problem seems to be that Jesus selected Mary above the other disciples to interpret his teachings. Peter sees Mary as a rival for the leadership of the group itself.

Peter need not have feared. Most people think of Peter as the rock upon which the church was established. He is the main or major disciple figure, and Mary Magdalene is a kind of side figure in the cast of characters.

One of the absolutely fascinating things about the Gospel of Mary is it really asks us to rethink that story about Christian history: did all the disciples get it? Did they really understand and preach the truth?

Perhaps the Gospel of Mary was just too radical. It presents Mary as a teacher and spiritual guide to the other disciples. She's not just a disciple; she's the apostle to the apostles.

[Eul note: it's a papyrus codex probably of the 5th century (a fragment in Greek has also been found), the text probably dates from some time in the 2nd century. Although discovered in 1896 it wasn't published until 1955 - not because of any malicious conspiracy, rather a chapter of accidents ranging from a burst water-pipe to a couple of world wars]

I still find it sinister that after the synoptic gospels Mary Magdalene completely vanishes from the Biblical record, hence my hijacking of interpretation of WelshWebb’s picture above.

Back
Top Bottom