Mina Berkeley's Voyage

Go to CruxDreams.com
What an excellent analysis. I think we authors here can get too involved with the victims' suffering (which is, after all, why we're here) and not flesh out the complex emotions and motives of the assailant. We can too easily fall into the trap of creating comic book villains torturing interestingly complex victims.

It's quite lovely to imagine a tormentor having unlimited power over a beautiful victim, and I'm certainly not going to object to that.

But I've [also] mentioned to King Diocletian in the past that one of the things I enjoy about his stories is the sense that the assailants are under their own restraints- that propriety, or law, or the oversight of someone of a superior rank prevents them from going as far as they would like. That creates a kind of sexual tension that can, in and of itself, be quite enjoyable.

But for me, that pleasure is increased manifold when the assailant finally gets a chance to do what they really want, and the pressure of that tension and frustration then explodes in their treatment of the victim. That they be punished in effect not just for having aroused their captor's lusts, but for his being kept from sating them, even though neither is her fault.
Well put! I like all of that too.

Hi Jon Smithie, I find this story very interesting. You have a great style, I understand it even if I don't speak English. I wish I could contribute some pictures, I never posted anything but I would like to start now. I hope you like my work and stimulate your imagination.

Last edited:
I love the settings of the 18th century. I find an interesting historical period because concepts such as freedom are affirmed for the first time, both politically and personally, even sexually, but contrasting concepts coexist, such as slavery, religious prejudices ... The meaning of slavery, both for the victim and for the master it becomes more painful when the cruelty of this concept is perceived as unjust.

Last edited:
Hi Jon Smithie, I find this story very interesting. You have a great style, I understand it even if I don't speak English. I wish I could contribute some pictures, I never posted anything but I would like to start now. I hope you like my work and stimulate your imagination.
Hi jjjack. Thanks for your comment and the terrific manips! I appreciate your interest in the story. I've recently been challenged by another member on the site to finish it, so that's given me some motivation, and now you've given me another boost! Maybe I'll just take up the cudgel again and bang out another chapter.

Hi jjjack. Thanks for your comment and the terrific manips! I appreciate your interest in the story. I've recently been challenged by another member on the site to finish it, so that's given me some motivation, and now you've given me another boost! Maybe I'll just take up the cudgel again and bang out another chapter.
I hope so!
I hope you like my work and stimulate your imagination.
I love your work too and hope to see more of it.

Thanks for the comment! I only posted a couple of early chapters in pdf when I was experimenting with format. My ultimate goal is to finish the story, rewrite, and post the whole thing in the archive as a pdf. Unfortunately I tend to write at a glacial pace.
Come on Jon! Global Warming and All! ;) Glaciers melt faster than you write!:doh:

LOL, love your work.

Thanks for the comment! I only posted a couple of early chapters in pdf when I was experimenting with format. My ultimate goal is to finish the story, rewrite, and post the whole thing in the archive as a pdf. Unfortunately I tend to write at a glacial pace.
Maybe we should go in a PM exchange for this project.

I am no bastinado fan and would like to see the punishment develop like announced. But I hope both sisters will be rescued. Their father was a person with pull. If the story of the punishment of the Laura got to England, maybe it caused a scandal and someone was send to investigate the story?

Back
Top Bottom