Mine Misery

Go to CruxDreams.com
Joe saved me from having to speak. “You’ve caused us enough trouble for now, bitch. String her up and give her a dozen lashes for her insolence. Teach her what being a slave means.”

George grabbed me in a bear hug from behind, his hands squeezing my tits painfully, while Jake knelt and undid the shackle from my ankle and then from Amy’s.

Mmmmmm. Things are warming up ....

Then, Jake grabbed two pieces of rope from another table and tied my left ankle to a ring set into the floor, before yanking my legs apart and tying my right ankle to another ring. Then, he wrapped a longer rope around my wrists, got up on a chair, yanked my arms over my head and pulled the other end of the rope through an eyelet attached to the ceiling and made it fast.

I was now stretched out, helpless. Peering behind me, I could see that George had a bullwhip, just like the one he had used on our slaves on the plantation

Snotty Sarah is strung up naked in an inverted 'Y' and George is brandishing a bullwhip.

All's right with the world.

Jake grabbed her by the hair and forced her to look at me. “You watch your stuck-up mistress get what she deserves, bitch.”

I always had a good feeling about Jake.

Pitilessly, with no concern for how I would manage, George continued until the full dozen had been given

Nice work, George, but I'm kind of hoping we'll revisit this flogging in more detail as seen from your point of view

Barb delivered a dozen lashes to me while Pat delivered the same to Amy. Perhaps it wasn’t quite as bad as the bullwhipping I had received from George, but, especially on top of the welts already there, it was still excruciating.

Somehow I knew that Barb couldn't be trusted.

"Sorry," I repeated, but before I could say anything more Barb brought her whip down at full force on the top of my breasts, causing me to yelp in anguish. The first lash was followed by a second to my poor tits, this one striking right across the nipples, drawing a small bead of blood.

She then turned to Sarah and delivered a similar blow across her breasts.

Mmmmm. I just love literature.

Barb nodded, “Yeah, let’s stick it to these bastards!”

This is outright sedition! All these whores need to be re-educated.

Corendowski

t's certainly a difficult situation. Maybe harder than just being a regular slave. And you are still legally a slave and can be busted back to worker on the boss's whim.

Ethically, at this point, Barb and Pat aren't much better than kapos, if you ask me.

Not that I'm sure that I wouldn't make the same devil's bargain if I were in the same situation.

Last edited by a moderator:
What is it about salt production? Slaves always needed, terrible conditions, short life. This mine, cold and dark.

Salt has been a prized commodity since ancient times, and, since it was difficult and dangerous to extract before the advent of heavy machinery, it was both vital and expensive. As late as the first century A.D. Roman soldiers were paid (in part) with salt. The word 'salary' comes from 'sal,' the Latin word for salt.

I haven't read every comment in this thread. My apologies if I'm repeating something that the endlessly learned Eulalia or someone else may have written earlier.

{This line is an edit} -- Two minutes after writing the above I noticed that Windar had made the same points in the original thread.

"Great minds... " as they say :)

“Sarah, if you love her, you can’t leave her to suffer. “ I began leading her ahead on the trail, motioning for the others to follow. As we rounded the first bend, a shot rang out. Sarah screamed. I hugged her, telling her she had to calm down and go on, that Amy would have wanted her to live.

It's impossible not to be reminded of George's valediction in "Of Mice and Men"

It was shortly after Amy’s tragic accident occurred that I heard them, dogs, baying in the distance. I dropped back to confer with George. “You hear that?” He cupped his ear and nodded.

"to confer with George" -- I'm curious was the name 'George' chosen way back at the beginning of "Plantation" because you knew you were going to echo "Of Mice and Men?"

Or was it simply a (possibly subliminal) coincidence?

"to confer with George" -- I'm curious was the name 'George' chosen way back at the beginning of "Plantation" because you knew you were going to echo "Of Mice and Men?"

Or was it simply a (possibly subliminal) coincidence?

When we wrote "Plantation Plight" we weren't even sure there would be a sequel, certainly not at the point fairly early in that story when we introduced George, and we certainly had no idea of how any sequel would end, so I really think it was simply a name that seemed to fit the character. In Greek, it means "of the earth" (like the root of geology) and he's sort of an earthy, straightforward guy.

But the parallel with "Of Mice and Men' is interesting and one I hadn't really noticed until you mentioned it. So thanks for mentioning it.

I stopped for a moment. “Listen,” I said. “What do you hear?”

“Nothing,” Pat replied.

“That’s right,” I said, “No dogs, no posse.
~~~~~~~~~

The Curious Incident of the dog in night time

Gregory (Scotland Yard detective): "Is there any other point to which you would wish to draw my attention?"
Holmes: "To the curious incident of the dog in the night-time."
Gregory: "The dog did nothing in the night-time."
Holmes: "That was the curious incident."[2]

"Silver Blaze"

The man who appeared to be the most senior cleared his throat. “We accept your stories as true. Welcome to freedom.” He reached out to shake my hand and the others reached out to shake hands with the rest of our party. We were free! Free at last!

Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose
And nothin' ain't worth nothin' but it's free
Feelin' good was easy, Lord, when Barby sang the blues
And buddy, that was good enough for me
Good enough for me and my Barby McGee.

Great job, Barb!

~~~~~~~~~

The Curious Incident of the dog in night time

Gregory (Scotland Yard detective): "Is there any other point to which you would wish to draw my attention?"
Holmes: "To the curious incident of the dog in the night-time."
Gregory: "The dog did nothing in the night-time."
Holmes: "That was the curious incident."[2]

"Silver Blaze"
One of the most popular Sherlock Holmes short stories, "Silver Blaze" focuses on the disappearance of the eponymous race horse (a famous winner) on the eve of an important race and on the apparent murder of its trainer. The tale is distinguished by its atmospheric Dartmoor setting and late-Victorian sporting milieu. It also features some of Conan Doyle's most effective plotting, hinging on the "curious incident of the dog in the night-time:"

The phrase was of course used by Mark Haddon for his novel about a kid with Asperger's syndrome.

When we wrote "Plantation Plight" we weren't even sure there would be a sequel, certainly not at the point fairly early in that story when we introduced George, and we certainly had no idea of how any sequel would end, so I really think it was simply a name that seemed to fit the character. In Greek, it means "of the earth" (like the root of geology) and he's sort of an earthy, straightforward guy.

But the parallel with "Of Mice and Men' is interesting and one I hadn't really noticed until you mentioned it. So thanks for mentioning it.
more specifically, Geōrgos is a Greek farmer, one who works Gē, the earth, hopefully with the help of Gaia, Mother Earth :cool:

For those who have enjoyed this story and its precursor, "Plantation Plight" I just wanted to put in a plug for a book that I have been meaning to read, but didn't get around to until now-"The Underground Railroad", by Colson Whitehead, which won the National Book Award for 2016. Some of the things he describes (though in less graphic detail than is common here) make what happened to Barb and Pat look like a beach vacation, and I'm only halfway through:eek:.

We used many of Tibool's pictures in this story, but I recently came upon some mine pictures by an artist on DeviantArt known as noone that go very well with the story also.
View attachment 525016

Yes, in #3 he's borrowed me from the Coffee House :devil:

I like Barb's alternate ending better. Just sayin'.
I have noted from your comments on quite a number of stories that having everyone die seems to be very important to you, which is your right. For me that is too much like real life...Besides, just think how much we would have lost if writers like Ian Fleming, JK Rowling, and the folks at DC Comics had killed off James Bond, Harry Potter and Superman in their first stories.

Back
Top Bottom