Music

Go to CruxDreams.com
I won't post any songs here but look up Jim Steinman. He is one of my heroes of writing, composing, and surrounding his songs with artists with an amazing array of talent you never expect to come together.

He is best known for Meatloaf and Bonnie Tyler but it is a fascinating read who he produced (and wrote for). Truly a an artist. Much is on You-Tube now... Always look up the background musicians... They will amaze you!!!

Video Clip From Day

A Music Several Meanings For Different People, But With A Sure ............................. She's Beautiful!

Top-Cat

Last edited:
Last night I was at the Bruce Springsteen concert in OKC, and I have to tell you, the Boss can still rock at 66 years of age. Bruce and the E Street Band played non stop for 3 hours and 20 minutes. On this tour, Bruce and the E Street Band are performing the album "The River". The first 2 hours of the concert they performed the complete album. The next hour and 20 minutes were devoted to other songs in his catalog. About a month ago, I had read on some music forums that some people were saying that his voice was not very good anymore. Now, I don't know what they were smoking, but his voice to me was fantastic. I find it amazing that he is still performing over 3 hours at his concerts. I hope to have his energy when I am 66 years old.
The highlights of the night, besides the complete performance of The River album were:
Badlands
Born to Run
Promised Land
Because The Night
Dancing In The Dark
Rosalita
Bruce has now become the first artist have seen three times.
If you get the chance to see this latest tour, do not hesitate, it is worth it!

Last night I was at the Bruce Springsteen concert in OKC, and I have to tell you, the Boss can still rock at 66 years of age. Bruce and the E Street Band played non stop for 3 hours and 20 minutes. On this tour, Bruce and the E Street Band are performing the album "The River". The first 2 hours of the concert they performed the complete album. The next hour and 20 minutes were devoted to other songs in his catalog. About a month ago, I had read on some music forums that some people were saying that his voice was not very good anymore. Now, I don't know what they were smoking, but his voice to me was fantastic. I find it amazing that he is still performing over 3 hours at his concerts. I hope to have his energy when I am 66 years old.
The highlights of the night, besides the complete performance of The River album were:
Badlands
Born to Run
Promised Land
Because The Night
Dancing In The Dark
Rosalita
Bruce has now become the first artist have seen three times.
If you get the chance to see this latest tour, do not hesitate, it is worth it!

HondoBoot2

Great fun you had!

Good to know that "Boss" is still the boss! :doh:

Top Cat

Sad news, country legend Merle Haggard has died at age 79. He died today, which strangely is his birthday. I read he died at his home in Northern California of complications from pneumonia. Merle had more than three dozen No. 1 country hits in a six decade career. Living in Oklahoma, I have always loved "Okie From Muskogee", what kind of Okie would I be if I did not? My favorite line is the one about " leather boots are still in style for manly footware", since I wear cowboy boots daily. In fact, that is where my crux name Hondoboot2 came from. Out of my many pair of boots, I just happened to be wearing Hondo boots from the Hondo boot company on the day I joined the forums. I could not think of any name, and just decided on the name of the boots I was wearing at the time. I could have just as easily been wearing Lucchese boots, and I would have the name Luccheseboot2 :p
But, out of all his hits, I would have to say my favorite Haggard song would be "The Fightin' Side Of Me". I always get a kick out of that song, it never fails to put a smile on my face.
RIP.

Last edited:
Merle Haggard was one of only a handful of Country musicians I liked. Maybe because, like his buddy Willie Nelson, he embraced his "outlaw" status.
This ones for you, Hondoboot2:
I like this one. I think it might be Tree's theme song:
BTW: this was his last Opry appearance, October 17, 2015.

Here's a great song to listen to while reading the Forums.....Night Shift by Siouxsie and the Banshees. The song is based on the crimes of Peter Sutcliffe, better known as the "Yorkshire Ripper," who was convicted of murdering 13 women between 1975 and 1980.

Another fav from Siouxsie and the Banshees. From 1980, "Christine". A song about mental illness. The song was inspired by the story of Chris Costner Sizemore.

Listening to some Tom Verlaine tonight as I cruise the forums. As much as I like Television, I find I play his solo albums more. This is a great song from his 1987 album "Flash Light" the song is " The Scientist Writes A Letter". I could play this one song all night, it is that great. Any Tom Verlaine fans out there?

Listening to some Tom Verlaine tonight as I cruise the forums. As much as I like Television, I find I play his solo albums more. This is a great song from his 1987 album "Flash Light" the song is " The Scientist Writes A Letter". I could play this one song all night, it is that great. Any Tom Verlaine fans out there?

HondoBoot2

I confess I've never heard of Tom Verlaine.

I am now listening to your clip, with more time I will look for more songs from him.

Top Cat

HondoBoot2

I confess I've never heard of Tom Verlaine.

I am now listening to your clip, with more time I will look for more songs from him.

Top Cat
He was with a band called Television in the late 70's, then embarked on a solo career. He is damn good.

Back
Top Bottom