My Titulus

What could be written on your titulus?

• A criminal?

Votes: 22 17.9%
  • A traitor, spy, deserter, renegade, war criminal (at the bad side)?

Votes: 21 17.1%
  • A rebel, a martyr, resisting tyranny or oppression (from the 'good side')?

Votes: 59 48.0%
  • For ignorance, or failing responsability (e.g. manslaughter)?

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • Others?

Votes: 33 26.8%

• Total voters
Go to CruxDreams.com
...and now the cruxettes practically demand a titulus!!!
When Barb was crucified for receiving 100 000 likes, the Romans had to provide a very lengthy titulus, mostly because they couldn't count beyond one thousand...

100 000 likes.jpg

When Barb was crucified for receiving 100 000 likes, the Romans had to provide a very lengthy titulus, mostly because they couldn't count beyond one thousand...

View attachment 488585
The damn wenches formed a union, The "Sisterhood of Condemned Cruxettes, Blue State Local #1" that spends most of their funds on electing a new president to replace the last one that has been crucified....

As far as it occurs to me from the sources, it goes back to Greek numerals, in which (|) actually the letter phi, stood for 1000. Later, a bracket at the beginning and the end was added, for each multiplication by 10.
I know the Roman system was updated in later centuries but I didn't realise they were mixing Greek and Roman numerals in the ancient world. Thanks for that. Now I can stop working on Barb's 'One Million Likes' titulus...

Could be right, Tree! They say the first mathematicians in ancient times were women.:)
They needed calculus to determine the time of their fertility.

Meet the Ishango Bone, the oldest known mathematical tool, possibly used for that purpose.

View attachment 488590
Someone had to know I would do this...
Tree

View attachment 488585

Barb was NOT crucified for those likes! The entire matter was taken care of in my office and she is back on the job (though people wondered why she stood through that whole department meeting) and concentrating on her academic duties and staying off CruxForum. She assured me of that. I accept her word...

I've clicked 'others', 'cos I'd expect something humiliating - and sexist -
like 'whore', 'slut' etc. Maybe a racial slur - a letter written by a soldier in a fort on Hadrian's Wall
referred contemptuously to 'Brittunculi', 'little Britons',
I'd be a 'putida Brittuncula', 'foul, stinking little female Brit'
Right with you on all of those Eulalia! As sexist, racist, sexual and degrading as possible for me please!

My dream come true!!! I love the way the ladies are just removing their clothes, knowing that they are going to the cross.
The expressions and actions of the spectators are great ... the girl reading on the lawn ... the boy is in heaven enjoying the sights in the park.
Enforced public naked humiliation is also quite high on my fantasy list. In fact, I look like a fatter version of the girl at the back, with short dark hair. Her titulus is obscured by the hand of the girl in the foreground, but if it were me, what trivial offense might have lead me to be there, and for how long?

I would be crucified for not mixing with the crowd and evoking opinions that are not aligned with convenient wisdom and "what everybody thinks": "asocial".
Very intruiging for me too!

In which case your opinions will be treated as 'threatening for the moral and public order' and 'dangerous for society's welfare'!

Of course, your titulus will carry the word 'renegade' or 'asocial' or 'enemy of the people' or something comparable.

Like so many here, that's one drawing I've spent quite some time looking at!

some more with tituli... not all of them properly attached yet...

View attachment 432342View attachment 432344View attachment 432345View attachment 432346View attachment 432347 View attachment 432348View attachment 432349View attachment 432341View attachment 432343

Hurling obscenities at you for mangling my name!?!

That happens a lot I guess. They know about it. I've heard, once we've done our time on the cross, the corrections officers will gladly hand the titulus over to us... as a reminder. So we'd still have that to wear.
Maybe you could call it a kind of, um, statement jewelry ;)
Additionally, the fine print (you did read that didn't you?) says all public transport etc. are instructed to accept the titulus of a crucifixa as a valid ticket for any ride within the city area, if it's officially stamped 'sentence served' with the date of that day. So that's our ticket home! Naked subway ride.

I wonder if they ever do that, those judges who fill up the Hill of a Hundred Crosses...or are they completely beyond caring about all those individuals and their stories...
Wonderful drawings.

View attachment 488585

My own titulus is quite short and to the point :D
One day you may see the whole thing.

phlebastitulus.jpg

Back
Top Bottom