News From Margot

Go to CruxDreams.com
The Birthday Girl Had Some Fun Making a Movie

AmyBirthdayGirl02.jpg

The best birthday ever! Amy posted in FB. She spent her birthday with her students shooting a movie while Jac spent the day going over the footage of The Passion of Isabel. He also had meetings with the people at the Cinemateca where JUSTINE is currently playing on its third week. Most movies don't pass the second week mark. We're entering a few very busy days, extremely busy, I should say. Jac is having a try outs with Danielle, the new actress who wants to be part of his crazy movies. We're also organising a horror film festival at behest of the Cinemateca. We'll run it yearly, the first one will be in October of this year, at the very end. Cool? The Passion of Isabel is in its FIFHT week and I don't really have a lot to say about it, but I can say that Bea has a sexy picture.

BeaCorstPix01.jpg

The third insightful entry in the 5 part review/essay of Le Marquis de la Croix by Rich Moreland is up. He says: An Intimate Position The image of Zynga in chains is a device of suffering, Amy asserts, but it’s also erotic. The marquis’ control over her and her reaction to the tortures are part of the carnal appeal of the film. In truth, it’s the psychological essence of sadomasochist sexuality.

Accepting that vision, Amy comments on the rack scene. It offers a different feel from whipping because the victim is lying down which injects a sensual component into the scene. She references the rack as “an intimate position like someone sitting on the side of the bed and talking to you.” This scenario creates “an emotional and physical dialogue” between torturer and victim.

Continue reading here: Le Marquis, Part Three: Insights from the Producers

https://3hattergrindhouse.com/2017/05/02/le-marquis-part-three-insights-from-the-producers/

LeMarquisTeaseCaps00451713.jpg

The Perils of Jane in the Green Inferno - Episode 1 - In Episode One, Jane, a hiker exploring the jungle, finds an abandoned house and decides to indulge in naughty pleasures. She is surprised by a man in dark glasses who ties her up and tortures her mercilessly. He ties her to a post and whips her, makes her kneel on sharp rocks, whipping her more. Jane’s humiliation and despair increase when the man ties her to a tree, whipping her shirt from her body. He leaves her hanging, arms spread, slumped against the bark, wet with rain to spend the night surrounded by the sounds of the jungle.

There's A New Girl In Town

Danielle_0247.jpg

Jac and Danielle had a couple of meetings to discuss her possible involvement in our films. There's always the need for a fresh face and for a willing actress to take on roles that are so difficult for most people, specially women. Jac's hope for those meetings was to have one more candidate for Maleficarum II. After the first meeting he thought that maybe it was possible that Danielle could be a good candidate for La Jaula and possibly some other film like Dead But Dreaming II. They met at the set where Jac just produced The Passion. Jac was curious about how she would feel in that environment, which is dirty, messy, with pools of blood on the floor, and in front of all those instruments of torture, all those whips. Danielle's reaction was one of awe. After a nice discussion, they improvised a photo session without the benefit of the lights, which were no longer in the set, or a good camera, Jac was going to use whatever he had available at that moment. Danielle took her clothes off, Jac chained her with her arms spread. He whipped her, using three different whips.

During that experience something happened. Danielle's attitude and free disposition opened the gates for more. Jac learned that she's totally willing to go the full Red Feline way with a series of movies where she will be tortured and tortured and tortured some more. As a matter of fact, they will be doing a couple of The Training of Danielle movies to sharpen her skills before she does a major film like Maleficarum II and they will start right away.

Danielle_0271.jpg

The Passion of Isabel will complete it's fifth week today. Jac expects to finish two sequences before he has another meeting with Danielle to watch a movie, eat pizza and talk about the future. He also expects to complete the final sequences of the film by the end of next week, which means that it is still possible to have a release at the end of the month or the first week of June. I'll have more details during the week. We're also beginning to organise the Horror Film Festival. We have a date for that up and coming huge event, October 25th to November 1st. The festival will close with a big March of the Dead that will end where a party will be held with a bunch of bands.

PassionEditingWk04_0425120703.jpg

The Fourth insightful entry in the 5 part review/essay of Le Marquis de la Croix by Rich Moreland is dedicated to: The Right to Torture - As mentioned, Le Marquis ends with a crucifixion that lingers on Zynga’s suffering. Her hands and feet are nailed into place and she is suspended within the marquis’ cell. Taunting her, he asks if this fate is better than the guillotine. In other words, is the slow agony of the cross preferred to the quick death under the blade?

Does religion’s absurdities dignify the afflictions of the masses or simply mask them? “What then are religions if not to restrain therewith the tyranny of the mightier to enslave the weak,” the aristocrat declares. He claims “the right to torture, dominate and execute” the gypsy in a god-like pronouncement then blames the Christian God for forging “the irons” that “cruelly manacled her, the whips that bring her agony and the nails that pierce her.” Of course, he then announces that “all religions start with a false premise” because God “never existed.”

yyy
Reine Margot. Sorry I haven't been paying close enough attention, but Amy has students? That's very cool!
Yes, Amy has students, college students. She's a professor now, amongst other things, she's teaching film at a prestigious university in the US while, at the same time, getting her Masters degree in ... yes... film. Jac went the teaching route years ago. He too, taught at a university, for three years, until he decided that he needed to dedicate all of his time to making movies. Many of today's Bolivian filmmakers and actors were his students. Will Amy decide that teaching is what she wants to do for years to come? I really can't tell. What I can tell is that in our group we tend to gather degrees. Amy is getting her master degree, Erik is doing it too, and he teaches English! I have two masters and a PHD, seriously! Bea is finishing University she'll get a degree in Environmental Sciences. Danielle is far ahead in Marketing and Publicity and she also teaches English and drama. Yes, that's another interesting detail about Danielle, she's fluent in English. Carmen has a degree in film from France ... It's like we are a bunch of intellectuals who make strange kinky movies.

FB_IMG_1478551869275.jpg

The Perils of Jane in the Green Inferno - Episode 2 -
Jane has been left to hang from a tree all night. Welts adorn her skin, the rain beats down, but she feels nothing. The tortures of the day before, the rain and the cold have rendered her unconscious. Her Torturer takes down her limp body and leaves her lying in the mud. Jane makes a futile attempt to escape her captor and he doesn’t take it lightly. The day’s tortures begin, more brutal than yesterday…will she survive another day?

PoJ02promo012.jpg

An amazingly busy week is ending

MakingOfThePassionOfIsabel_02574401.jpg

The Passion of Isabel is reaching to the end of its sixth week, the two sequences Jac had planned to complete in this period are almost done. Two more sequences are going to be edited and the first cut of the film will be complete, which I expect to happen next week, the seventh week of post. I'm still looking at a mid June release.

PassionEditingWk04_0425215741.jpg

Jac divided his time between editing two films, meetings, whipping sessions and some other activities that included spending quality time with his cats. At this very moment he's editing The Passion with few distractions. During the week he had many schedule meetings. One very important with Amy via Skype, another with Beto to discuss the Festival and the TV show we're going to be producing beginning this month... Yes, a weekly TV show. He had another meeting with Bea to have tea and to discuss future projects, and a couple with Danielle, the one in the set where he whipped her and another one at his house to have pizza and watch a movie, Martyr, which she loved completely. That meeting went on until 2 in the morning. Danielle is more than willing to go into her Training Danielle sessions beginning in a few days. ah, and JUSTINE just began her fourth week up in the big screen, totally unexpected.

JustineatCinemateca.jpg

The Fifth and final insightful entry in the 5 part review/essay of Le Marquis de la Croix by Rich Moreland is dedicated to Mila!:
In Praise of Mila
Le Marquis is Mila Joya’s film. It’s hard to imagine any other actress as Zynga, the gypsy. A lissom, statuesque girl with a body that begs to be displayed in all its glory, the native Bolivian is the perfect torture victim; she graces every scene with an eroticism that is never overtly intentional but commands every cinematic moment. In bringing Zynga to the screen, Mila whimpers, cries out, and looks pleadingly at the marquis, all the while amusing his perversities. Her most talented feature is her eyes. The pain and desperation she projects through them equips her to excel in this type of role. Pay particular attention to how Mila handles the humiliation of hunger. Wrists and ankles shackled, she slithers on the floor to nibble a scrap of bread her tormentor casually tosses aside in an arrogant gesture of contempt.

Eulalia love and best wishes to Danielle, she sounds as if she's found her true self the moment she stripped, and let herself be chained up and whipped - how I know how she feels!

Danielle and Jac sat to watch Martyr, the film where Camille is in search of her true self. Danielle identified with the character in an almost similar fashion as when Amy identified with Camille as well. The film touched them both in almost the same way. It's interesting to see how this experience is repeated over and over again in Jac's life.

In this day and age if man looks at a woman in a funny way it can land him in trouble, except in Italy, of course, where if I don't get a naughty comment from a guy in the street I would think there's something wrong with me. It's very difficult to cross some lines. So, how do you propose to a young woman to do something so nasty as to chain her up and whip her? The first indication that maybe there's a possibility is the praise of the work. Danielle didn't say that JUSTINE was a horrible movie. She said it was an amazing movie. and that it would be an honor for her to work with Jac. But even that didn't mean that she would be willing to be tortured naked for a movie. When Jac finally stripped Danielle and led her to the hanging manacles to chain her up, he knew she was going to go all the way. Danielle was naked and chained up. Jac went to get the whip. He didn't know how she would take it. He hit her once, she let out a cry of pain followed by a ‘wow, do it again’ ... and that was it. Jac proceeded to whip her with three different whips, harder each time. Later, when he was walking her home and said good bye she commented “I had the greatest fun today”.

Danielle_0215.jpg

provost Margot, that is wonderful news about Danielle! It will be great to see the images, however inferior the camera or lighting. It sounds like a time of self-discovery for the lovely young lady, which is delightful for us.

Jac and Danielle will have a couple of sessions at the set before beginning to work on her Training Danielle sessions. Jac will begin with what he has on the set. It won't be a film like The Passion, but Danielle will suffer most of the tortures Bea, Amy, and Mila went through in that set. That means she will be strung up by her wrist and whipped, she'll get a taste of The Rack, The Wheel, The Cross. Yes, she'll be crucified. Her progress will be recorded with all the resources Jac has available to him.

provost It is great to learn of the educational qualifications of your troupe: it is somehow comforting to know that these actors have knowledge, judgment, and options in life, and are not doing this work out of desperation. You've probably noticed that your audience is also rather intelligent and educated (intelligent or educated?). Happy Birthday, Amy! Cheers,

We all have options and other interests in life, I love languages and anthropology, my PHD is in that science, my specialty are the Jesuit missions in the Amazons. I give lectures about that and I wrote books. We all have something else going in our lives. We make these movies because we love doing that. For Danielle this is something new, but it is something that it is clear by now that she loves ... a lot.

Danielle_0198.jpg

The Perils of Jane in the Green Inferno - Episode 3 - Her wrists tied apart, Jane hangs from a cross for a second night. The new day begins with a drink of water, courtesy of her torturer, who then proceeds to take her down and onto her next ordeal. He strings her up by her wrists from a tree branch and proceeds to whip off her panties, and her skin with it. The tortures continue and only become more gruesome. Will her suffering never end?

PoJ02promo057.jpg

The Seventh Week

PassionEditingWk06_0514152559.jpg

The Passion of Isabel is fast approaching the end of the first cut. I'm pretty sure it will happen at the end of this week. With the last two sequences still to go, the film is now over 2 and a half hours long. It will easily get to 3 hours, perhaps a bit less or a bit more. The goal is to bring it down to 90 minutes or less, preferably less. The final cut of the film will take place the last two weeks of May. So, the early June release it is still very likely.

JUSTINE is still running on the big screen and it looks like it's going to go on for another week. Apparently it is bringing cash in to the movie theatre. It is, still, our undisputed best seller, by far, so I guess it is a money maker for all, not bad.

The Training Danielle sessions will begin in about two weeks. In the meantime Danielle is having university exams, and fulfilling previous engagements. She's in a musical, she sings and dances too.

The Via Crucis of Jane - Crux 1 - The Via Crucis is a series of rehearsals for movies, recorded studies of crucifixion and intimate roleplaying between JJ and his actresses. In The Via Crucis of Jane - Crux 1, Jane and JJ play out a scenario in which Jane is humiliated, scourged, nailed to the cross, and whipped even more.

VCJ01pix0015.jpg

At this moment I'm very busy working on the revamping of the Red Feline Club where I will have lots of updates and stories. The revamping includes formatting all those thousands of pictures we have for the new times of high quality images in the internet, it also includes looking at all the stories we had and updating them as well as designing the site to make it look as good as it can be. Not to mention getting all those new stories ready. A whole lot of work.

Ending The Seventh Week

PassionIsabelSc07Still_13145920.jpg

The Passion of Isabel reached the end of its seventh week of post. Jac cut the last two sequences almost simultaneously, advancing fairly quickly to the end of the first cut. He will take a few days off to get some distance and to work on Pygmalion. He'll return to The Passion in the middle of next week for the last stretch of post. I expect that he'll be done with that at the end of the month. The release of this new film is not very far in time. Mid June still looks good.

PygmalionVidCaps_00574603.jpg

The Training Danielle sessions are in a limbo because of an unexpected development. Last week we had to empty the location we used for four movies, Maleficarum, Le Marquis de la Croix, Justine and The Passion. We left the location after we were done with Le Marquis de la Croix and didn't use it for a couple of years. We thought we would never return but we did go back for JUSTINE. After the new film was done, Jac decided to keep it for a some time hoping to get Maleficarum II rolling.
Since that film didn't seem to be happening, he decided to use the location for The Passion, hoping that there was still a chance to make Maleficarum II there. He still had plans for it, he was planning to begin Training Danielle there in early June; however, he was recently contacted by the administrator of the building who told him that the owners needed the place right away, someone was renting it for a very long time. So, Jac, Erix and Eric went to the location and got everything out, except the huge wheel which they will be taking it out soon. Jac was sad but philosophical about it. ”I guess it is time to change locations’ he said. So, the location that served us well is gone and this time for good. Danielle will have to wait for her sessions until Jac finds a new location that it is not too expensive and that we can keep for at least a year.

MakingOfPassionIsabelDay02_8482.jpg

The Via Crucis of Jane - Crux 2 - The villain ties Jane to the post and whips her front and back until she faints, then he lowers her, ties her to the patibulum and hoists her back up to face the post. Making the scene much more challenging and painful for Jane, the villain then ties her feet to the post and forces a stick behind her knees, between Jane and the post. The villain rips off Jane's last covering of modesty and proceeds to whip her more. Turning Jane around the villain crucifies her and whips her even more as she struggles against the ropes tying her to the cross. He then ties her feet to the bottom of the cross and shoves the stick behind her knees, between her and the cross, making poor Jane use her last bit of strength to remain on the cross until she dies.

ViaCrucisOfJane02pic049.jpg

The Red Feline Club will be featuring the past, the present and a glimpse to the future. I concentrated a lot of my efforts and attention to the new production, but since The Passion is almost ready for its release, I can focus more on what the intention of the club is. I begin with color=#FF6600]The Early Days of Red Feline[/color]. This will include, The Diary of Camille, The Via Crucis of Camille, The Making of Red Feline on the Cross and the amazing story that inspired that classic film. All of it illustrated with a lot, lot of pictures, most of which I'm going through the trouble of bringing them up to our new standards of quality.
The Diary of Camille - June 1994 - We sat facing the valley below having coffee. Margot was sleeping. That's when Jan said that he liked me very much and he would love to have me in his movie. I was thrilled but I didn't want to show it. He said that there was a part for me. I wanted to kiss him. In fact I think we both felt the same thing, I think he wanted to make love to me at that moment, I wanted him to, but he didn't do anything, he just sat there, having his coffee and holding down his groin. I was wet and ready, my hands were trembling, but nothing happened, I just said that I was cold. He put his arm around my shoulders and I wanted to die. I think he wanted to die too, I could feel his desire in his hand, like a rush of energy passing from his body to mine. He then asked the strangest question; what did I think of the cross... just like that, The Cross. I must give him an answer today. I don't know what to say... What does he mean by that. Is this some kind of test before the audition? Continue reading at the Red Feline Club

First Cut Done! Onward to the Final Cut!

ThePassionOfIsabelSc07Still_03320507.jpg

The Passion of Isabel is entering its final cut. Jac took an entire week off from the film. His intention was to dedicate all that time to Pygmalion, but some health issues came up that forced him to forget about work and to concentrate on himself, something he doesn't do very often, if at all. So, beginning this coming Monday, if everything else goes well, he'll begin to cut down the film, work on the sound track, the color correction and all of the rest of the work which might take 2 to 3 weeks. How long will it take depends on how fast he moves on the cutting down and the fine cutting. I'll know more at the end of the week.

Films come and go but JUSTINE is still running at the movie theatre. Scheduled to be in the program for another week, until the end of May, Jac's new film still brings people in. We don't know if it will stay on after the 31st, but it's been six weeks already and this is totally unexpected.

JustineatCinemateca0531.jpg

Avidfan I think Danielle has a bit of the Barbara Steele in her look, which is a high compliment in this field. Barbara somehow manages to appear simultaneously threatening and vulnerable, and altogether mysterious. Perhaps Danielle would enjoy viewing Mario Bava’s classic Black Sunday (though the opening scene would be difficult to replicate)? Also, while she is experimenting perhaps Danielle would offer her soles to the whip or cane…just for the experience and our viewing pleasure….

I hope you soon settle into new quarters and begin another production, and I would be delighted to contribute. Cheers to all!

That’s an interesting point about Danielle, her Barbara Steele look. I haven’t noticed that although I did find something familiar in her expression that reminded me of somebody. I wasn’t sure who exactly. But yes, she does have a vulnerable and threatening look in the couple of pictures I posted. In reality she looks very sweet and youthful. I don’t know how the talks between Jac and her are going now. She had some issues to deal with, one had to do with some dental surgery and university exams and this week Jac had to deal with some terrible infection that scared the shit out of him and he’s been busy with medical exams and doctor visits but now he’s ok, taking antibiotics and unfortunately for him his doctor told him to cut down on his beer drinking by a lot. Two beers per night every single night, except Saturdays when he had 3 or 4 is not good for him at all. He’s bummed out. I will prepare a post dedicated to Danielle soon with more news about what is going to be happening with her. The picture below is the most recent she has when she was at her university getting ready for her exams a week ago.

Danielle051517.jpg

We don't have a new location yet, but a possible new quarters are being negotiated. If you saw Maleficarum, you must remember that stairway, going up, when Amy and Mila walk up in chains before Amy is placed on top of those coals. That’s a tower. The entire building is available. It has the yard where we shot the roasting Amy scene, it also has a large theatre where plays were performed so it’s a perfect place to use as a sound stage. It also has large rooms on the third and second floors, one was used for Dance classes, and so on. It would be perfect for many, many things, we have to find out if the price is right. We are still considering Maleficarum II, but it needs lots of money. We are planning a crowdfunding campaign, we don’t have the details yet.

Maleficarum0746.jpg

Training Jane - Two sessions of Jane´s training to be a member of the Red Feline Crew. Completely improvised and unscripted! A very personal look into Jane´s evolution as an actress for Red Feline Pictures.

In Session 1, Jane is tied standing, kneeling, on the floor, and on the bed, and whipped with a Hungarian bullwhip in a hotel room in South America.

In Session 2, Jane is cuffed to a frame and whipped with a four-tailed whip. Then she's moved to the bed, restrained with her arms open, and spanked with a riding crop. Later, she´s suspended with her arms open and whipped again. In both sessions real marks are left by the whip, no special effects are used.

TrainingJane02049.jpg

The Passion of Isabel is on its way to completion

PassionStills05173218.jpg

The cutting down of The Passion of Isabel is underway. There are at least 45 minutes that have to be cut away, if not more. The first cut ended in over 3 hours of screen time. The film has to come down to 90 minutes, more or less. I don't know if it's going to be an easy job or not. This weekend is critical. If Jac advances a lot before Monday, we'll have an idea of the release date.

I’m telling my story at The Red Feline Club to give a proper background and to complement the stories of Camille/Carmen, Jane/Amy and even Jac's. I never left, thus I witnessed all that happened between my encounter with Jac all those years ago until today.

Where do I begin? (...) We went to a large room, full of beds, he led me to the one he was using. We made out, he stripped me and when I was on top of him he grabbed my wrists and opened my arms wide, as if I was on a cross. The music from JCS was in the background, we were a few blocks away from the Dom Ter. Very appropriate. We made love when the song I don't Know How To Love Him was on. That made it very romantic for him, I was a bit confused, I didn't really know what was going on, I loved it, but it was strange to me. I liked the idea of being on a cross... kind of. He held me high enough so it was hard to kiss him, I had to struggle. Read my story here: Margot's Story

Margot1988.jpg

May flew, really flew, as we enter June, we have our ratings. JUSTINE continues to rule, as expected, by far. It lasted 6 weeks on the big screen. I consider that a big deal. Jac's version of the De Sade's story is now on its own power and it's marching on and doing well. Maleficarum remains in the second place and The Passion of Isabel remains on the third place because of the continued support of some fans. Very little change with the top ten except that Red Feline on The Cross has moved down to the 10th place. JUSTINE is showing strength, that's for sure.

1.- JUSTINE - 494 points
2.- Maleficarum - 247 points
3.- The Passion of Isabel - 192 points
4.- Le Marquis de la Croix - 100 points
5.- BARBAZUL - 62 points
6.- Dead But Dreaming - 53 points
7.- Agent X - 47 points
8.- Sirwiñakuy - 45 points
9.- Martyr - 41 points
10.- Red Feline on The Cross - 38 points​

The Via Crucis of Mila - In this, her debut performance, Mila suffers the indignities of the whip and the cross at the hands of a cruel tormentor in the rough plains of the desert. Mila is herded barefoot over the rough ground to the fateful tree where she is tied, her arms apart and whipped. The man turns her around and whips her again with her arms spread. Next he ties her feet up beneath her and leaves her to suffer.

VCOM01_193.jpg

Are any more of the movies gonna come to amazon? I bought maleficarum and Bluebeard on there, and it's super convenient

Waiting for The Passion of Isabel

PassionIsabelSc05Still_10384216.jpg

The Passion of Isabel is going through intense cuts. Jac intends to have the final cut done by the end of this week. That's his wish. I think reality comes in between wishes and what is actually accomplished in a particular period of time. For instance, his intention was to cut the film all weekend, but he ended up doing other things on Friday, meetings, for the most part, and on Saturday he had to dismantle The Wheel and take it out from the location where four masterpieces were created. The Wheel is now a broken instrument occupying some space in his garden where plants and grass should be instead. So, today, Sunday, as I write this, Jac is putting all of his attention to The Passion of Isabel. I believe that if he seriously advances today, he'll have this final cut done by the end of the coming week. However, he has to go to the set on Monday to paint it white. The other projects, Pygmalion, Specters, Maleficarum II, and so on, are taking a second, third place for the time being. Nothing will be decided, considered, discussed,worked on, until Jac completes The Passion of Isabel, that's Jac's design.

TheWheel2830.jpg

provost Margot, I really enjoy your updates and hope they continue...and will even reply from time to time. But mostly they stand on their own as welcome stories or updates.

Thank you for your comment. I know that my posts reach their intended audience. I know this because of the effect they have in our sales and hits to my links. I will continue posting, as frequently as I can and for as long as I'm in charge of this particular job. I can only hope that I'll get a response once in a great while.

T And an aside to Margot: You guys & gals make good stuff. Whether or not I think Justine is the best movie ever is entirely irrelevant. I own a copy, and I will probably own a copy of your next production very soon.

Thank you! Yes, we make good stuff, like JUSTINE, perhaps not the best movie ever made, but close, or Maleficarum, the best inquisition film made ever, for some, not my words, and for what I see in our sales, a lot of people love to collect our movies. I hope that we will continue doing this for another two decades or so. Next year it will be 20 years since Red Feline On The Cross was released, two decades of tireless production of great GIMP movies. We have a total of 40 films in our catalogue, that makes it 2 films per year, and if we add all those documentaries we made as well, and the spots, and music videos, and the miniseries and so on, we have a tremendous body of work with more yet to be released. We'll see what the future holds.

RFOCDVDcover.jpg

Romana Crucifixia Est... - The story of a young Roman woman who is captured, suspended by her wrists from a tree, whipped, tortured over a hill of voracious ants, nailed to the wood, forced to walk up to the tree of death where she's crucified by a vengeful barbarian.

RomanaCrucifixa327.jpg

Still Waiting For The Passion of Isabel!

PassionIsabelSc05Still_08100602.jpg

The Passion of Isabel is now 20 minutes shorter and those 20 minutes came out of the first 48 minutes of screen time, that means that almost half of the first two sequences have been cut out. I expect that the entire film will be done before the 15th of this month. But that's my assessment based on the time that Jac took to cut those 20 minutes down. What I'm sure of is that the film will be ready this month. The release of the new production is nearer.

PassionEditingWk02_0411073701.jpg

All attention is now on the release of the new film, everything else has taken a back seat, including the meetings with Danielle, the Horror Film Festival, any talk or planning of new productions. Meanwhile I had some issues with my posts at Red Feline Club. A few days ago something strange happened. There was an update of word press due and someone pressed the wrong button, so the site was reverted to a previous version rather than getting an update. My posts, comments and pictures that went in after March vanished. It is my task now to reproduce what I did before. The good thing is that I have a better idea of where I want to take this so the reproduction of what I did before will be much better.

My most recent post at The Red Feline Club, other than an update on the situation, is the first page of the The Diary of Camille. The good thing is that I discovered that the first time around I started with the Second Page! My bad. Now, I begin again, this time with the first page of the diary, it begins in June 15, 1994, a year that marks the beginning of the Camille/Carmen era, which gave way to Red Feline.

(...) I venture outside, to the warm air, there’s a morning breeze. I’m wearing only my undies, they are white. I walk to the edge of the pool and put my foot in the water. It’s nice so I want to jump in. There’s no one around, not a sound, just the birds and the wind and perhaps the sound that clouds make when they climb up the mountain. I take my undies off and stand naked before the valley, the clouds down below, covering it and protecting me from the eyes of anyone down under. Wow… I feel like flying, like jumping to the clouds, they look like a gigantic mattress, a soft, fluffy mattress. I often wondered when I was flying on a plane, how it would be like to jump to the clouds below. It’s the same feeling now, but I’m not on a plane, I’m more than 2,000 meters above sea level but it’s a jungle.

Coroico2012_7575.jpg

I jump in the pool instead, the cool water is so so fresh. I close my eyes and float, belly up, my arms and legs spread eagle. The water caressing my body, the air kissing my breasts, that’s when I hear a whizzing sound, it’s very faint but it’s there. I open my eyes and quickly try to hide under the water. I look around and just a few feet away, by a railing above the swimming pool I see this man. He has very long hair, dark glasses a T shirt, shorts and boots… shorts and boots, he looks funny. He has a camera… So I bet he took a picture of me, floating naked, legs spread open… I’m mad as hell, how dare he? How can I tell him off? I would have to get out of the pool. I yell at him to go away in my broken English, he seems to be an American. Only Americans wear shorts and boots. Continue reading at The Diary of Camille- Book 1 – 1994

CamilleDiary.jpg

Fantom - Our first movie made without the use of special effects. Real marks, real sound, real everything. A young woman is strangled unconscious in her bed by a mysterious masked man. When she awakens she is hogtied and blindfolded. Where is she? What will this man do to her? She soon finds out the answers to this questions as her psychotic torturer violates her body and her mind.

Fantom1326.jpg

The Passion of Isabel is right around the corner!

PassionIsabelSc05Still_08572318.jpg

The final cut of The Passion of Isabel is progressing. Almost an hour has been edited out from the first cut, that's a lot, and at least another 30 minutes have to go. Someone suggested to Jac to make a movie in two parts, like Crux Bride, Jac said no. This is ONE film and that's that. He's planning to have the film down to a little over 90 minutes from the over 3 hours of the first cut. The word is that he will have this work done by the end of the coming week. It will include the sound mix and the color correction (color timing in the old days of celluloid). Then he will prepare the assets for the DVD and voila, The Passion of Isabel will be ready to be uploaded to our platforms for its for release. If I were to guess a date, it would be around the 4th of July. I hope to have the Date of Release next weekend.

PassionofIsabelEditStills05334122.jpg

Waylon Any updates regarding Vermeer's Pygmalion?

Pygmalion is due to be released sometime soon. Amy's fifth feature is getting a special treatment. Pygmalion is the kind of film that should have a festival tour before it goes to the general public through outlets like Amazon.com. In addition, Amy and Jac want a special theatrical premiere here with the entire cast and crew present, which has to include the famous director, of course, to open a theatrical run in at least three cities. There's a window of opportunity for this to happen between July and August, when Amy can travel to this parts. A limited release for our fans is also planned. I won't have any concrete news about this until after the release of The Passion of Isabel.

PygmalionPromoWeb3769.jpg

Sometimes I get a nice surprise when a comment appears about our films long after their release. This time the turn was for Sirwiñakuy, Amy's directorial debut. An interesting commented appeared in FB:

Valerie's comment about Sirwiñakuy:

One of my favorite movies! Jac Avila somehow manages to be dominant yet passive, creepy then sexy as hell. I also think that people in the BDSM Community will be pleased with the portrayal of the D/S relationship here. Unlike 50 Shades, which I believe portrayed mental abuse and a dangerous overall outlook for possible newcomers to receive. #soapbox Amy Hesketh is an "outside of the box" director who truly never stops surprising me. Her movies are not for the faint of heart (Mom don't watch)! However, if you like your cinematic experience to be realistic, absolutely limitless, and occasionally bordering on the brilliantly demented...then her movies are a binge-worthy must see! To my fellow dark minds...You. Are. Welcome.

Sirwinakuy236.jpg

The Passion of Isabel is going to be released!

PassionIsabelSc05Still_10312206.jpg

The final cut of The Passion of Isabel is done. The film is 1 hr and 54 min long. I believe that the film will be trimmed a few more minutes during the fine tuning, sound mix and color correction. This final process has begun and it should be done in the next few days. The release will happen in a week or so. Something came up during the final cut that caused a delay. Amy needed a new trailer for Olalla, one without nudity, and a new trailer for Barbazul as well, and on top of that she needed a director's reel. She's proposing a new film and needs to back her proposal. All of that editing work had to be done by Jac because he has all the materials in his dozens of hard disks. So, instead of working on The Passion of Isabel as he had planned, he spent a few days working for those urgent clips. The new trailer, which Amy loved, is below.

Amy is making an impact in academia. I don't know of film professors making the news, but Amy is, with a great picture of her that heads a published article about the film program she's involved in.

(...) College offers BA in digital filmmaking (...) professors will be an actor who has appeared in film with the likes of Gene Hackman and Barbara Streisand; a screenwriter whose first script was optioned for $1 million; and a producer/actor known for such films as “Olalla” (2015), “Le Marquis de la Croix” (2012) and “Bluebeard” (2012). (...) Professor of digital filmmaking Amy Hesketh has written, produced, directed, and acted in more than nine feature-length films. Her honors include the Reconocimiento Award for revitalizing the Bolivian cinema industry (…).

AmyinKitsadailynews.jpg

petelobo Whatever you might think of Jac as an actor or director, there is something very "amateur"--in the good sense of "amador"--one who does something for love--in his relationships with the women of RF/Pachamama. I don't think it's an accident that Amy and Mila don't (or at least didn't) have tats.

While it is true that Jac does his work more for love than anything else, he does do it in a very professional way and he doesn't mind that Amy and Mila and Bea and Danielle may have tattoos. He just doesn't show them unless the character in the film requires a tattoo.

There's Olalla, where Mila does show her very prominent tattoos:
OlallaVidCaps00302608.jpg

But in JUSTINE, a film made two years AFTER Olalla, Mila doesn't show any tatoos or marks, except those left on her skin by the whip. Bea doesn't show her, not as prominent, tattoos either.
JustineVidCaps00383316.jpg

JUNE is gone, so very fast. We have our ratings, not a lot of difference from the previous month. JUSTINE continues to be the best seller by very, very far. Maleficarum remains in the second place for the month, but continues to be the overall best seller, and The Passion of Isabelremains on the third place for the month, but I think that will change in July when it is released. Very little change with the rest. All the films got more points without altering their position. JUSTINE continues to show strength.

1.- JUSTINE - 560 points
2.- Maleficarum - 292 points
3.- The Passion of Isabel - 198 points
4.- Le Marquis de la Croix - 121 points
5.- BARBAZUL - 86 points
6.- Dead But Dreaming - 65 points
7.- Agent X - 51 points
8.- Sirwiñakuy - 50 points
9.- Martyr - 49 points</p>
10.- Red Feline on The Cross - 40 points
What this shows, consistently, is that our best sellers are the big production values movies. There are only two films from the Red Feline line that make it to the top ten: Agent X and Red Feline on The Cross, our classic. Will that change when we release The Passion of Isabel? With Amy going out in the big world, Mila taking a leave of absence to dedicated herself to torture (to tattoo) other people, Bea busy with her university and Jac developing a TV series and pre producing tow non GIMP movies, I don't see anything new in Red Feline anytime soon other than celebrating the last 20 years of GIMP extravaganza, re-releasing some of the movies, releasing three not yet released films and so on, unless, of course, The Passion of Isabel proves us wrong and becomes a great success, big enough to convince Bea that she should become the new Tortured Queen at Red Feline Pictures.

PassionIsabelSc07Still_15013918.jpg

Agent X - Agent X plans to meet her contact in an abandoned house. What she doesn’t know is that she’s been double-crossed. Instead of her contact, a government official is waiting for her. The interrogator plans to torture her for as long as it takes to get the information he needs. Will Agent X survive these ordeals, or will she spill the beans?

The Release of The Passion of Isabel is Nigh!

PassionIsabelSc07Still_14173002.jpg

The Passion of Isabel is nearly completed. I expect to have the final word of its impending release in a matter of days, along with the trailer. I think it is better now to simply wait for this extremely intense movie. While we wait for the release of the new film, there isn't much to tell, really. Jac is working very hard on that project, with very little time for anything else. Amy is preparing to shoot her new film in the US, everyone else is just waiting to hear from Jac about what will be happening the second half of this year.

I was in the process of re-writing the posts I lost in the club when a question came to my inbox recently at the Crux Forum. It inspired me a bit, it gave me some necessary focus to what I'm doing now:

jacks Greetings, I really enjoy your guys movies, Bluebeard and maleficarum and those are actually the only two I've gotten around to seeing. But I am super interested in what you guys do, and was wondering if I could get some insight into the process of making one of your movies, and particularly how the writing process works. I'm not sure how much you can answer, but i figured it wouldn't hurt to ask. Best wishes,

My response was: I'm in the process of writing the story of our work/relationships in our club. Some of it will be in places like this. This story will involve, somehow, the process each film went through. The fact is that every movie is unique and its process responds to the movie itself. It will be a very nice story. As a matter of fact, I will quote you in a more public response, without using your name, of course. Thank you for inspiring me.

A conversation followed, part of which says:

jacks: But does a project start with a script? In my naive mind I like to think someone wrote something, showed it to you guys, you liked it so much you decide to film it. But does the project actually start with, "here's a torture scene we'd like to film" or "we got this location we can use" or "we obtained the rights to this story"? Sorry if I'm confusing or bothering you and thanks for answering

Margot: Jac and Amy write their scripts, always. They have ideas all the time. For instance, Maleficarum was in Jac's mind for many years before he decided to proceed. What helped was that someone put in some cash for one scene, as a way of encouraging the production. The Roasting Scene.

Maleficarum0774.jpg

The script came later, when Jac decided to go ahead and make that film. He wrote the script, included the scene requested and Amy worked on the costumes and props, she designed the roasting apparatus and that was it. The film was made. And yes, they found a great location for the dungeon, one that Jac saw for the first time way back in 2003 and thought "this could be a great dungeon in a movie" That's when he started thinking about the Inquisition movie that became Maleficarum.

Maleficarum0342.jpg

That conversation was inspiring to me because as I began to write our story I gave some glimpses in how films like Martyr or The Death of St Eulalia came about. And that's what The Journey To The World of Red Feline describes in detail, how the ideas take shape, what inspires them, why, how the ideas transform in our work, when and how everyone gets involved and everything else, including anecdotes and lots of pictures.

NY2002Eulalia042.jpg

20 years ago, at around this time, JJ and Camille were busy working on what can be described as sketches for a film. Painters and sculptors often work on sketches of what they plan to do. Endlessly working with a pencil, or charcoal, drawing on sheets of paper what eventually will become a painting. Well, JJ and Camille were doing something like that. They were working on scenes of what eventually would become a movie. Not the scenes for the movie, but rather rehearsal scenes. Jac does that often, sometimes with a camera, sometimes without. From that early work we have the series of videos known as The Via Crucis of Camille. It is at one point during the process of making those sketch videos that they were inspired to shoot Red Feline on The Cross

-viacrucisanim14.gif

I guess I can say that I needed a bit of a push in the right direction to go on writing the story of how we came to be and where we're going. That is going to be a big part of the Red Feline Club.
I will also have all the stories behind the movies, not necessarily the scripts, but rather the stories before they become scripts. There will be some changes as to how to join the club. The deal of One Month Membership Plus The Passion of Isabel, will be discontinue shortly.

PassionEditinWk03_0423032822.jpg

Martyr ot The Death of St Eulalia - As the postmodern world is stormed by an onslaught of religious fundamentalism and resurrected holy wars, Camille, a 21st century young French woman, experiences the passion of a 3rd century virgin martyr.

Martyr001348.jpg

The Release of The Passion of Isabel is Nigh!

PassionIsabelSc07Still_14173002.jpg

The Passion of Isabel is nearly completed. I expect to have the final word of its impending release in a matter of days, along with the trailer. I think it is better now to simply wait for this extremely intense movie. While we wait for the release of the new film, there isn't much to tell, really. Jac is working very hard on that project, with very little time for anything else. Amy is preparing to shoot her new film in the US, everyone else is just waiting to hear from Jac about what will be happening the second half of this year.

I was in the process of re-writing the posts I lost in the club when a question came to my inbox recently at the Crux Forum. It inspired me a bit, it gave me some necessary focus to what I'm doing now:

jacks Greetings, I really enjoy your guys movies, Bluebeard and maleficarum and those are actually the only two I've gotten around to seeing. But I am super interested in what you guys do, and was wondering if I could get some insight into the process of making one of your movies, and particularly how the writing process works. I'm not sure how much you can answer, but i figured it wouldn't hurt to ask. Best wishes,

My response was: I'm in the process of writing the story of our work/relationships in our club. Some of it will be in places like this. This story will involve, somehow, the process each film went through. The fact is that every movie is unique and its process responds to the movie itself. It will be a very nice story. As a matter of fact, I will quote you in a more public response, without using your name, of course. Thank you for inspiring me.

A conversation followed, part of which says:

jacks: But does a project start with a script? In my naive mind I like to think someone wrote something, showed it to you guys, you liked it so much you decide to film it. But does the project actually start with, "here's a torture scene we'd like to film" or "we got this location we can use" or "we obtained the rights to this story"? Sorry if I'm confusing or bothering you and thanks for answering

Margot: Jac and Amy write their scripts, always. They have ideas all the time. For instance, Maleficarum was in Jac's mind for many years before he decided to proceed. What helped was that someone put in some cash for one scene, as a way of encouraging the production. The Roasting Scene.

Maleficarum0774.jpg

The script came later, when Jac decided to go ahead and make that film. He wrote the script, included the scene requested and Amy worked on the costumes and props, she designed the roasting apparatus and that was it. The film was made. And yes, they found a great location for the dungeon, one that Jac saw for the first time way back in 2003 and thought "this could be a great dungeon in a movie" That's when he started thinking about the Inquisition movie that became Maleficarum.

Maleficarum0342.jpg

That conversation was inspiring to me because as I began to write our story I gave some glimpses in how films like Martyr or The Death of St Eulalia came about. And that's what The Journey To The World of Red Feline describes in detail, how the ideas take shape, what inspires them, why, how the ideas transform in our work, when and how everyone gets involved and everything else, including anecdotes and lots of pictures.

NY2002Eulalia042.jpg

20 years ago, at around this time, JJ and Camille were busy working on what can be described as sketches for a film. Painters and sculptors often work on sketches of what they plan to do. Endlessly working with a pencil, or charcoal, drawing on sheets of paper what eventually will become a painting. Well, JJ and Camille were doing something like that. They were working on scenes of what eventually would become a movie. Not the scenes for the movie, but rather rehearsal scenes. Jac does that often, sometimes with a camera, sometimes without. From that early work we have the series of videos known as The Via Crucis of Camille. It is at one point during the process of making those sketch videos that they were inspired to shoot Red Feline on The Cross

-viacrucisanim14.gif

I guess I can say that I needed a bit of a push in the right direction to go on writing the story of how we came to be and where we're going. That is going to be a big part of the Red Feline Club.
I will also have all the stories behind the movies, not necessarily the scripts, but rather the stories before they become scripts. There will be some changes as to how to join the club. The deal of One Month Membership Plus The Passion of Isabel, will be discontinue shortly.

PassionEditinWk03_0423032822.jpg

Martyr ot The Death of St Eulalia - As the postmodern world is stormed by an onslaught of religious fundamentalism and resurrected holy wars, Camille, a 21st century young French woman, experiences the passion of a 3rd century virgin martyr.

Martyr001348.jpg

Once again thanks for taking my questions. I find the whole story inspiring.

I'm glad Jacks asked you those questions, Margot, and grateful for your answers.
One that I think about - do the women taking part contribute ideas from their own private fantasies?
Perhaps prompted to reveal such secrets by the very experience, of being naked, whipped, tortured...?

Back
Top Bottom