News From Margot

Go to CruxDreams.com
A have a question. Where do you made this film? The country in the Background of the film is fantastic.

We're working in Bolivia, in an area of the country where we get different landscapes within a couple of hours by car.
We get the tropics, just two hours away from the city. Rivers, jungles, green mountains. That's where we made Perils of Jane in the Green Inferno and AristoCrux
PerilsOfJanepromo0010.jpg PerilsOfJane03promo053.jpg AristoCruxPromos0014.jpg AristoCruxPromos0016.jpg
There are amazing snowy mountains, 16,000 feet above sea level, where we also shot some movies, like Barbazul.
Barbazul00112923.jpg Barbazul00005325.jpg
And of course, there's the TitiKaka lake with its amazin Island of the Sun, a place that looks like it's out of this word, where we shot scenes for Dead But Dreaming.
DBD00061814.jpg DBD00291416.jpg
Not to mention the great locations we have in Maleficarum and Olalla.
Maleficarum0903.jpg OlallaVidCaps01180217.jpg
We haven't made full use of the locations here. So... there are a lot of places where we can shoot.

The continuing story of Red Feline.

As I was saying. JJ and Camille embarked on a series of video sketches for a crucifixion. They began with a vhs camera, the same he and I used a couple of times in NY.
ViaCrucis02p0032.jpg ViaCrucis02p0254.jpg
The idea was to capture on images the process of Maricelli's crucifixion. Maricelli is the character Camille was going to be playing if that film was ever made.
VCoC01p049.jpg VCOC03_028.jpg
After a few sessions, JJ felt that it was necessary to do it more professionally. However, it was going to be more expensive.
VCOC04_049.jpg VCOC05_107.jpg
The vhs camera was sensitive to low lights, but still, a couple of lights were necessary. They used their bedroom, for this exercises, and a couple of times they travelled to the tropics, where Camille had access to a cabaña. Still, with the vhs.
TrainingCamille06promo0070.jpg TrainingCamille06promo0150.jpg
With each experience there was a clear progression.
VCOC09p108.jpg VCOC10p375.jpg
At one point, JJ was viewing one of the tapes, no longer a vhs, but Umatic, 3/4 inch, professional television tape. More lights, a black set. He liked what he was seeing. So, one morning JJ told Camille: It's looking so, so good, that if we made one feature length, with a plot, just you and I, ... we could actually sell it. Camille's response surprised JJ. "Why not?"

To be continued...

According to IMDB.com, the top US box office for Bolivian films:
#5 Maleficarum, Jac Avila director
#8 Dead But Dreaming, Jac Avila director
#20 Le Marquis de la Croix, Amy Hesketh, director
#21 Sirwinakuy, Amy Hesketh, director
#24 Bluebeard, Amy Hesketh, director
#27 Olalla, Amy Hesketh, director

I'm impressed.

According to IMDB.com, the top US box office for Bolivian films:
#5 Maleficarum, Jac Avila director
#8 Dead But Dreaming, Jac Avila director
#20 Le Marquis de la Croix, Amy Hesketh, director
#21 Sirwinakuy, Amy Hesketh, director
#24 Bluebeard, Amy Hesketh, director
#27 Olalla, Amy Hesketh, director

I'm impressed.
me tooooooooooooooo

And some of those films won tons of awards and great reviews!
Barbazul won GOLD as best movie of the year 2013
BarbazulAwardsPoster.jpg
This Latinization of Bluebeard is the most successful adaptation of that fairy tale to the cinema to date, as, in it, cineaste Amy Hesketh subtly expands her thematics from her already established central concern of Control (of one being over another) to Complicity. (Charles Lonberger review)
Jac won Bronze for Best Actor of the Year for his role as Barbazul.
BarbazulBestActor.jpg
He also won GOLD for Best Sound Design
BarbazulSoundDesign.jpg
Dead But Dreaming won lots of awards as well
DBDAllBHAwards.jpg
Jac Avila’s Dead but Dreaming does for Vampire Films what Coppola’s Apocalypse Now did for War Movies (Dean Andersson's review)
Amy won​
GOLD
Best Actress for her role in Dead But Dreaming​
DBDActressBHAward.jpg
Both Amy and Jac won GOLD for Best Producers of the Year (Beating Tom Cruise, by the way)
DBDAmyProducerBHAward.jpg DBDJacProducerBHAward.jpg
Le Marquis de La Croix was a surprise winner too.
LeMarquisAllBHAwards.jpg
Le Marquis de La Croix got SILVER for best film of the year, beaten by Barbazul
LeMarquisBestFilmBHAward.jpg
Amy got GOLD for best director.
LeMarquisAmyBHBDirAward.jpg
This intense and supremely focused Bolivian production, handsomely mounted by Amy Hesketh and Jac Avila with just the right visual accents and splashes of color for Decadent Cinema, is a master class in film direction, courtesy of Hesketh herself. (Charles Lonberger review)

This coming Sunday, Bolivia is holding elections for mayors. Beginning last night there's a prohibition law that denies everyone the pleasure of a drink. And, this coming Sunday, is the beginning of the Holy Week... which means, next weekend we won't be able to buy drinks at all. Imagine that. So, in honor of both magnum events, we're holding a Prohibition/Easter SALE. All of our downloads at 20% DISCOUNT!

This is a great opportunity to add to your collections such amazing titles as the ones below. Click on the title and you'll get to the page.
Or the new, big budget productions like
Get our movies at
http://vermeerworks.com
http://redfeline.com

This coming Sunday, Bolivia is holding elections for mayors. Beginning last night there's a prohibition law that denies everyone the pleasure of a drink. And, this coming Sunday, is the beginning of the Holy Week... which means, next weekend we won't be able to buy drinks at all. Imagine that. So, in honor of both magnum events, we're holding a Prohibition/Easter SALE. All of our downloads at 20% DISCOUNT!

This is a great opportunity to add to your collections such amazing titles as the ones below. Click on the title and you'll get to the page.
Or the new, big budget productions like
Get our movies at
http://vermeerworks.com
http://redfeline.com
unfortunately where I live the only way to get unlimited internet limits me to 1 megabit/sec...

unfortunately where I live the only way to get unlimited internet limits me to 1 megabit/sec...

The Prohibition/Easter Sale also applies to ALL the DVDs in our Red Feline store: http://redfeline.com
Films like
AristoCrux
AristoCruxPromo065.jpg
Martyr or The Death of St Eulalia
Martyr015228.jpg
Perils of Jane in the Green Inferno
PoJ02promo058.jpg
Our classic Red Feline on the Cross
rfoctor06promo047.jpg
The Via Crucis of Camille
VCOC10p292.jpg
Seven Days on the Cross
7DoC02d04Prom097.jpg
The Via Crucis of Mila
VCOM01_243.jpg
And our big productions
VermeerWorksPic.jpg

The continuing story of
Red Feline, Part IV.​
Yes, I think I have to start numbering the parts of this engaging story.
rfocbookcover.gif
Well. Like I said before, JJ came up with the premise that if they, Camille and JJ, made a feature length video, with the equipment they had at hand, some extra light, a more elaborate set, and so on, it could be offered commercially. Camille's response surprised JJ. "Why not?"
rfoc0001.jpg
Camille knew of a place, an abandoned house in a classy part of the city. She knew how to get in. So, they went in an exploratory mission, took some pictures and decided that yes, it would be a good place to set the story.
rfoc0019.jpeg rfoc0039.jpeg rfoc0023.jpeg
With what they had in hand, a few blank tapes, Umatic, with a duration of 20 min each, some lights, not the big ones, but patio lights of 500 watts, some black cardboards to create 'flags' for the lights, a bunch of props, some of the gathered and/or created by Camille herself, a good whip, nails, a lot of fake blood... they were ready.
rfoc0053.jpeg rfoc0080.jpeg rfoc0122.jpeg
The story was simple. A curious woman walks into an abandoned house, she explores the rooms, being alone in such a place is a turn on for her. She doesn't know someone is there, watching her, following her. She pauses, touches herself, masturbates and suddenly a man in black walks in and nocks her unconscious and drags Camille into a dark, black room where he will proceed to torture her.
rfoc0129.jpeg rfoc0133.jpeg
At the time, their idea was to make one little movie, with the limitations they had, see how it comes out and then try to sell a few to see what happens. They didn't know that they were starting something totally unexpected and huge.

To be continued....

BTW, we have a big SALE, 20% OFF our DOWNLOADS AND DVDs at http://redfeline.com

fascinating how Camille took the initiative to such a degree -
what you're telling us completely overturns the stereotype
of 'exploited' women actresses taking part in such films
because they've no choice.

fascinating how Camille took the initiative to such a degree -
what you're telling us completely overturns the stereotype of 'exploited' women actresses taking part in such films
because they've no choice.
margotchronicles201504.jpg
Well. All the women that work with JJ are extremely independent, talented, open minded, daring and I could go on. Each shines on her own. Camille, for instance, works in theatre and produces amazing works of cinema, Amy is a great director, as well as an amazing actress, for those who remember Celeste, she has a big company now that manufactures orthopedic legs and helps people in need of those. I have a phd, btw. And I can go on.
rfoctor06promo047.jpg
None of the great ladies that work or worked at Red Feline had no other choice. In fact they got into it because they just wanted to do it, period.

That's what makes this work so special. There's no external pressure on anyone, just the desire to work in something that all involve like and actually enjoy doing.

There's a lot of creativity on this. Camille, for instance, worked very hard on deciding what she was going to be put through in the Inquisition series.
INQ03Composite.jpg
Gabrielle helped JJ build the 'rack' they used in that series.
InquiShoot9801.jpg InquiShoot9801-1.jpg
Amy built the rack for Maleficarum... and the Spanish horse. With Mila's help.
Maleficarum0539.jpg Maleficarum0530.jpg

She's now building a new rack and the pillory for Justine.
BuildingtheStocks04.jpg BuildingtheStocks03.jpg BuildingtheStocks01.jpg

So... I think the stereotypes come for bad movies, like 8 mm ... or dramatic ones like Requiem For A Dream where young beautiful women engage in nasty activities because they are drug addicts, or very poor and desperate and so on.

Back
Top Bottom