News From Margot

Go to CruxDreams.com
Isabel Continues to Rule!

PassionOfIsabelVidCap_00381310.jpg

September is gone. Another month where Isabel retained her first place with our fans. This film is limited to our fan base, it doesn't have other outlets for promotion and sales, like

Amazon.com or Vimeo and yet, it continues to go up in numbers. I expect that things will go back to normal during the new month of October.

1.- The Passion of Isabel - 862 points​

PassionOfIsabelVidCap_00390820.jpg

Bea is very happy with the results and she's now considering taking the lead role in Maleficarum II. She also agreed to take the lead role in Cage, a story based in Jekyll and Hyde, with a lot of influence by Lacan, Bretton and even Hegel. As you all know, the story of Jekyll and Hyde can be describe as the story of a man with a split personality. Jac is taking this story to a new level. The script is ready, so are the locations and the cast and crew. The new film will go in production in a couple of weeks.

Jekyll and Hyde, with a lot of influence by Lacan, Bretton and even Hegel.
R. L. Stevenson was interested in Hegel's philosophy, his concept of dialectical antitheses may well have influenced Dr Jekyll & Mr Hyde.
And I can see how Lacan's 'mirror stage' might relate to it too. André Breton? He seems to have referred to RLS in some of his writings, I suppose he would have seen some 'surrealism' in J & H.

But all that heady philosophy with naked girls in torture chambers, sounds like an Alain Robbe-Grillet film! :devil:

R. L. Stevenson was interested in Hegel's philosophy, his concept of dialectical antitheses may well have influenced Dr Jekyll & Mr Hyde.
And I can see how Lacan's 'mirror stage' might relate to it too. André Breton? He seems to have referred to RLS in some of his writings, I suppose he would have seen some 'surrealism' in J & H.

But all that heady philosophy with naked girls in torture chambers, sounds like an Alain Robbe-Grillet film! :devil:
The movie "Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde" brought me as child cruel nightmares. In the school vacations I lived always with my Grandma and look to end of broadcasts TV.

And later the book brought me also a little shiver.

Isabel Undefeated!

PassionOfIsabelVidCap_00424019.jpg

The Passion of Isabel is definitely the most popular film in our catalogue these days. The question whether there will be more films like it, is, still, on the table. Danielle is anxious to start her training, which may lead to a torture film or two with her, set in contemporary times, for now. When and if we make Maleficarum II, we will have a location for another period film like The Passion or Le Marquis. I'm sure of that.

2.- JUSTINE - 775 points

JustineVidCaps01004015.jpg

JUSTINE continues its strong attraction after almost a year since its release! And it brings some unexpected surprises as well. I mentioned before that Jac received an email announcing him that his film was under consideration to represent Bolivia at the Oscars.Eulalia Not so much an Oscar, more of an Oscar Wilde

A couple of days ago Jac was told that JUSTINE almost made it to the Oscars! There were people in the academy voting for our film. The voting came down to three films, and JUSTINE was one of them. But the voters went for a more traditional film with a strong Bolivian theme, something about miners. The usual. It's interesting, nevertheless, that JUSTINE was under consideration. It's also interesting to learn that JUSTINE and Jac are the subject of discussions at film schools here. Bea is attending a film school where all the professors are well known filmmakers. It was during those classes that she learned that one of his professors was a member of the academy and he was going to be watching JUSTINE. Later on, he told her that he liked the movie, that the acting, photography, and so on was very good but he was sad because of all that happens to her in it. At another class, the continuity teacher, asked his students if they knew Jac's work. Some raised their hands, the teacher then asked Bea to share her experience of working with the director that does 'erotic' films in Bolivia. Bea then realised that she's becoming famous.

JustineVidCaps01142704.jpg

In the meantime, my comments about the next film to be produced, Cage, (provisional title), received some very interesting responses:

Eulalia (From CruxForum) R. L. Stevenson was interested in Hegel's philosophy, his concept of dialectical antitheses may well have influenced Dr Jekyll & Mr Hyde. And I can see how Lacan's 'mirror stage' might relate to it too. André Breton? He seems to have referred to RLS in some of his writings, I suppose he would have seen some 'surrealism' in J & H. But all that heady philosophy with naked girls in torture chambers, sounds like an Alain Robbe-Grillet film!

Some critics compared Amy's and Jac's work to the films of Jean Rollin, Jesus Franco and even Dario Argento. I'm pretty sure that the next comparison will be to Alain Robbe-Grillet and for the reasons stated by Eulalia from the CruxForum. Robbe-Grillet made films that were cerebral and sexually provocative, like the beautiful nightmare La Belle Captive. Alain Robbe-Grillet has explored the shadowy realms of eroticized surrealism, like Amy and Jac do in films like BARBAZUL and JUSTINE, or OLALLA and Dead But Dreaming, which are highly unusual and sexually disturbing films. However, Robbe-Grillet tends to be more abstract for some people's taste. I think Cage is going that way. Another interesting part of Eulalia's comment is Lacan's mirror stage. Cage opens with a mirror scene and that mirror is fundamental to the story.

Isabel Tries To Free Herself From The Rack!

PassionOfIsabelVidCap_00431920.jpg

3.- Maleficarum - 409 points

Maleficarum retained its third place in September, and it will continued to do so unless an unusual surge in sales takes it to the top or a new title pushes it back to the fourth place. Maleficarum, the best inquisition film so far, is our best seller of all time and that undeniable fact is what keeps the hope for Maleficarum II - Monxa Mala alive. One enthusiastic supporter of another film where the terror of the inquisitors falls on the bare bodies of accused witches is Danielle, who would have a leading role in a new inquisition saga.

Maleficarum0587.jpg

Bea is considering the lead role in this new film where she would suffer more than anyone did before and there are at least three additional actresses willing to experience the life inside the most infamous cloister of all, where even receiving visitors is a form of torture. Jac needs at least 8 actresses to play the roles of the captive nuns.

PassionOfIsabelVidCap_01133019.jpg

There are some colonial period locations under consideration, but the most important one might cost a nice sum of money. The location Jac has an eye on is an actual cloister that now functions as a museum. Everything is there; the cells where the nuns sleep, the kitchen with the giant pots, the nice garden with a fountain and a cross, the very bizarre chapel where nuns are buried under the wooden floors... everything except for the dungeon. Renting this amazing location for a month or so will cost between 2 and 5 thousand dollars, depending on the negotiations. Jac thinks that an offer of 2,000 will be good enough, however, in our experience, we know that it could be more. The location for Olalla cost us 5,000, so that's our limit. The budget for the entire movie is set to 50,000 dollars.

Isabel Whipped and Stretched on the Rack!

PassionOfIsabelVidCap_00452615.jpg

Today is a day of celebration. We're celebrating Jac's birthday ... and mine. Tonight and after a long time, the entire group, cast and crew from all those amazing films, will get together to watch Jac blow his candles. Amy will be present via Skype. One particularly interesting thing about is that for the first time Bea, Mila and Danielle will be in the same room together. Hmmm. I wonder. The veterans of torture movies will meet the new comer, the new Galatea, in Ms Pickerin words. Ms Pickerin is one of Amy's characters in Pygmalion, Amy's film which will be released before the end of this year.

PygmalionPosterV02.jpg

Not the final poster for Pygmalion, it is, still, a work in progress... but I like it.

4.- Le Marquis de la Croix - 172 points

LeMarquisTeaseCaps01134507.jpg

Le Marquis de la Croix also retained its fourth place. No great change there. Mila continues to captivate her audience with this great De Sade inspired film where Zinga the Gypsy (Mila) suffers torture, degradation and the ultimate fate on the cross at the hands of the cruel Marquis. I have to add that this an award winning film.

The film explores the tortures Zynga endures and her eventual demise. The story is presented as a narration extracted from the marquis’ writings in his cell. As he completes one torment and plans the next, the aristocrat returns to his desk to record his thoughts and lets the viewer into his mind via voice over. The bound and naked Zynga is the consistent background image and the main motif throughout the film. (...)

Clever, strikingly innovative, and beautifully filmed, Le Marquis de la Croix highlights the emergence of Mila Joya as an actress. Though she has few lines that are often blunted by the pain of torture, her performance is exemplary. The native Bolivian uses her physical expression, particularly her eyes, to tempt, seduce, and react to her torturer, who struggles against his own sexual arousal to complete his self-appointed task.

From Le Marquis, Part One: The Museum by Rich Moreland, April 2017 https://3hattergrindhouse.com/2017/04/29/le-marquis-part-one-the-museum/

LeMarquisPosterNewBig.jpg

The numbers tell their own story. There are 300 points difference between Maleficarum and Le Marquis and almost 400 points between The Passion of Isabel and Maleficarum. That gives us an idea of how our films move in the world.

There's an interesting reaction to the picture of the possible location for Maleficarum II, it comes from Eulalia (From CruxForum) The phallic cacti are very scary! I know that cactuses have been used in GIMP fantasies throughout the world. It occurred to me that Jac might just pick up from that comment and add the cactuses to the film. Wouldn't that be exotically nice?

Isabel Faints!

PassionOfIsabelVidCap_00463419.jpg

Jac’s birthday party was a great success. Not all the invited people were able to make it. One glaring absence was Mila. We still don't know why she didn't make it. Bea was present, she spent a good part of the time talking with Jac and they discussed the possibility of her taking the leading role in Maleficarum II. She's not committed yet, but she did make a point that she can use some convincing. She'll begin preparing for her role in Cage beginning this week. She was also wondering if The Passion was festival worthy.

It was interesting to see Danielle and Bea together for the first time. They know each other, the world of filmmaking here is very small, they crossed paths before, but they never worked together. They will share their suffering now.

PassionOfIsabelVidCap_00464409.jpg

One surprise came next day when Carmen called Jac from France, they talked for about three hours, maybe more. It was the first time in many years that the creators of Red Feline talked to each other. They had some e mail exchanges from time to time, that's all. One issue that came in the conversation was if Carmen would be interested in working in a movie Jac was considering doing in the US. She said no. She's into something totally different, acting with her theatre company, doing very well and without much time for outside projects. So, that was that. Jac noticed that Carmen hadn't changed at all. He told her that. Her response was “I’m keeping my youth... considering that I'm 40”.

CamilleJJ20171008183525.jpg

It was past one in the morning in France when they ended their conversation. Jac had mixed feelings. He was very happy he talked to Carmen after all those years, he was very sad that she didn't want to work on film, and he was left with a strange sweet and sour feeling from the entire conversation. I told him Never Say Never. But as far as Carmen is concerned, working in films with Jac will not happen.

5.- BARBAZUL - 138 points

Barbazul01184926.jpg

BARBAZUL continues to hold its place as well. The film made it to festivals, one in Las Vegas, and received great reviews, particularly because of Jac's acting: Barbazul (a contraction of Barba Azul, Bluebeard in Spanish) is interpreted by Jac Avila, terrifying to perfection, mixing Landru by his seductions (charming his prey), with an Albert DeSalvo side (the Boston Strangler, who killed a dozen women during the years 1962/1964). He manages to give body to a poor soul, after all, whose life is centered in habits. routines as when he uses the same procedure when seducing each woman. Bluebeard is primarily subject to his desires, usually sexual, where he shows a taste for sadomasochism. He ends inexorably strangling his victim when he is upset by her. This can range from a simple difference of opinión, to a refusal to obey him. Barbazul is a sex maniac whose deviance seems to have no limit, sometimes indulging in necrophilia From a review by Philippe Chouvel Published in Sueurs Froides on August 7, 2014 (Translated from French) http://www.sueursfroides.fr/critique/barbazul-2964

Isabel Is Free From Her Bonds ... or Is She?

PassionOfIsabelVidCap_00482614.jpg

We're ten days into October and there's panic in our crew. Lots of things to do and so little time. There's a film festival to be launched at the end of the month, we have Cage to begin production soon, there's big talk about Danielle's training and the very strong possibility of her first Red Feline style of film, a two people production like Agent X, set in contemporary times, with a lot of nasty modern tortures and some not so modern. I think by the time this week is over I will know a lot more.

PassionOfIsabelVidCap_00483215.jpg

6.- Dead But Dreaming - 96 points

DBD01002809.jpg

Dead But Dreaming also retained its place in our best selling list. Dead but Dreaming does for Vampire Films what Coppola’s Apocalypse Now did for War Movies…transforms entertaining and traditionally horrific stories into beautiful works of epic art. The comment comes from writer Dean Andersson, author of Torture Tomb, a story Jac wants to bring to the big screen. Dead But Dreaming continues to attract an audience because of its powerful images and intriguing story. There are plans to continue the saga in two more parts. Not an easy task, considering that the principal cast has taken flight to other parts of the world. Amy is in the US, Vero is in France, Jessica is in Argentina, Mila is in her own Tattoo world. To get all of them together would take a big effort and a lot of cash.

DBD00444918.jpg

That's all folks!

I think many admirers would be happy with Carmen's return. In my modest opinion Red Feline can not be beat !!!
Isabel Faints!

Jac’s birthday party was a great success. Not all the invited people were able to make it. One glaring absence was Mila. We still don't know why she didn't make it. Bea was present, she spent a good part of the time talking with Jac and they discussed the possibility of her taking the leading role in Maleficarum II. She's not committed yet, but she did make a point that she can use some convincing. She'll begin preparing for her role in Cage beginning this week. She was also wondering if The Passion was festival worthy.

It was interesting to see Danielle and Bea together for the first time. They know each other, the world of filmmaking here is very small, they crossed paths before, but they never worked together. They will share their suffering now.

One surprise came next day when Carmen called Jac from France, they talked for about three hours, maybe more. It was the first time in many years that the creators of Red Feline talked to each other. They had some e mail exchanges from time to time, that's all. One issue that came in the conversation was if Carmen would be interested in working in a movie Jac was considering doing in the US. She said no. She's into something totally different, acting with her theatre company, doing very well and without much time for outside projects. So, that was that. Jac noticed that Carmen hadn't changed at all. He told her that. Her response was “I’m keeping my youth... considering that I'm 40”.

It was past one in the morning in France when they ended their conversation. Jac had mixed feelings. He was very happy he talked to Carmen after all those years, he was very sad that she didn't want to work on film, and he was left with a strange sweet and sour feeling from the entire conversation. I told him Never Say Never. But as far as Carmen is concerned, working in films with Jac will not happen.

Barbazul01184926.jpg

BARBAZUL continues to hold its place as well. The film made it to festivals, one in Las Vegas, and received great reviews, particularly because of Jac's acting: Barbazul (a contraction of Barba Azul, Bluebeard in Spanish) is interpreted by Jac Avila, terrifying to perfection, mixing Landru by his seductions (charming his prey), with an Albert DeSalvo side (the Boston Strangler, who killed a dozen women during the years 1962/1964). He manages to give body to a poor soul, after all, whose life is centered in habits. routines as when he uses the same procedure when seducing each woman. Bluebeard is primarily subject to his desires, usually sexual, where he shows a taste for sadomasochism. He ends inexorably strangling his victim when he is upset by her. This can range from a simple difference of opinión, to a refusal to obey him. Barbazul is a sex maniac whose deviance seems to have no limit, sometimes indulging in necrophilia From a review by Philippe Chouvel Published in Sueurs Froides on August 7, 2014 (Translated from French) http://www.sueursfroides.fr/critique/barbazul-2964

[/QUOTE]
Isabel Faints!

Barbazul01184926.jpg

Isabel And The Illusion of Escape!

PassionOfIsabelVidCap_00484120.jpg

As The Passion of Isabel continues moving forward and higher, Bea and Jac are having meetings and more meetings, working out the details for future projects. One such meeting is taking place this afternoon, over tea, as usual. The issue at hand is Cage, the film that is in pre-production now. Bea will play a young woman with two contradictory personalities who falls ... or jumps, into the hands of the sinister Dr Jekyll who imprisons and tortures her.

PassionOfIsabelVidCap_00485416.jpg

Isabel hits the cold ground

7.- Martyr - 89 points

Martyr003007.jpg

Martyr Or The Death of Saint Eulalia remains as part of the 10 best sellers at the very appropriate number 7. This very intense and intimate film captured Amy's imagination and inspired her to join Jac for a decade of incredibly challenging and daring filmmaking.

In Amy's words: Martyr is punctuated by photo sessions which provide the structure of Camille's transformation, and Camille's subsequent catharsis. In all of Gabrielle's shoots, we see the camera, the flash, we hear the clicking of the shutter, and the first of Camille's photoshoots has these elements as well. But as Camille approaches Eulalia through her work in the studio, the camera seems to fade from view, the click of the shutter is less frequent, we pass through the veil into Camille's private world, where she is becoming Eulalia, and nothing else matters or exists.

Isabel Takes a Break from Torture

PassionOfIsabelVidCap_00495821.jpg

The Passion of Isabel continues its journey in the world, gaining new adepts every day. Bea and Jac have already moved on to other adventures in cinema. This week and the next, a crew of two, maybe three, will be working on the set for Cage. The set where many of the nasty scenes with Bea, Danielle and probably another young lady, will also be used for another film where Danielle will experience the tortures reserved for intransigent spies.

PassionOfIsabelVidCap_00502414.jpg

8.- Sirwiñakuy - 85 points

Sirwinakuy283.jpg

Amy's directorial debut, the very controversial Sirwiñakuy that ran theatrically for 6 months, is one of the 10 best sellers at number 8. This film was released in 2010, a few months before she began directing her second feature BARBAZUL ... and her third, Le Marquis de la Croix. To have a hit in theatres and have THREE projects in production almost simultaneously is the dream of any independent filmmaker. Amy and Jac lived that dream, with Sirwiñakuy running in theatres while they were producing three films, including the best seller of all time Maleficarum.

Sirwinakuy272.jpg

Sirwiñakuy was in film festivals and one critic said What is most significant about this remarkable film from 2010 is how completely director Amy Hesketh absorbs and makes cinematic conventions her own, breaking them at will, such as her insertion of sped up footage though back streets to bridge scenes, as opposed to standard editing practices. Though her approach is an exercise in masterful storytelling, she boldly turns to documentary techniques when her fiction leads to an open Andean market, where whips are sold as common merchandise. From the review of Sirwiñakuy by the late Charles Longberger.

Isabel Waits

PassionOfIsabelVidCap_00511516.jpg

Isabel knows Torquemada is not done with her, so, she waits.

PassionOfIsabelVidCap_00513511.jpg

Isabel wonders what will be next for her when Torquemada returns​

I didn't have to wait long for the throlling to start at the GIMP site and I wasn't really surprised. I guess it's part of the job.

petelobo I was beginning to think for a while that Margot had actually forgotten about us (she must have been on vacation for a month), because her posts stopped!

Posting here is not my principal occupation in life, I don't really take a lot of vacations, but it heartens me that someone actually counts the days I don't post. People here may not post for a year and I wouldn't notice. Sure, my posts are incredibly visual and very frequent, specially when I'm encouraged by my self-proclaimed critics, which are actually very, very few. But fear not, I will continue posting when I feel the need.

petelobo Reading the sad story of Jac's phone conversation with one of his earliest honeys who refused to consider letting him film and torture her again--how heart-broken he was--that was a high-point. Even Svengali gets old, I guess.

I see that my post wasn't skipped. It was not a phone call, it was a three hour Skype meeting where Carmen and Jac had so much to discuss, perhaps the first time in over ten years, which is a big event in my book. Jac did not propose Carmen a film with torture in it, and it's just not pretty to read stupid comments like that. There's a script Jac is working on, a dark comedy that takes place in the US which would be perfect for Amy, Carmen and Vero. Carmen is not interested in it, she's totally dedicated to her theatre company and that's that. Jac will have to cast someone else for that part. Nothing to cry about. Jac always offers roles to his top actresses before looking elsewhere.

Ralphus Oh good. I can't wait until we find out what number 9 is tomorrow. You didn't have to wait too long, days are short. Agent X holds the number 9 spot. One of Amy and Jac's early efforts.

9.- Agent X - 69 points

AgentX088.jpg

Agent X is one of the Red Feline movies that keeps selling in high numbers after all these years.

Isabel, The Whip and Her Flesh

PassionOfIsabelVidCap_00522522.jpg

The Passion of Isabel continues when Torquemada ties Isabel AOH as a preamble to what is to come on The Wheel. Once again Isabel suffers the whip on her beaten flesh.

PassionOfIsabelVidCap_00530210.jpg

Eda (...) The Roman Numeral X: Agent X remains my favorite Red Feline film. And, for the cost of making any of these last 4-5 films, such as Isabel or Dead But Dreaming, Red Feline could have made 10 more like Agent X to all viewers’ far greater satisfaction. No need for large sets or expensive costumes, just for an actress like Amy who can sell the scene.<

The Passion of Isabel was made for very little money, with only two people as cast and crew, Bea and Jac, exactly like Agent X, which had Amy and Jac as cast and crew. Either film took 6 to 8 weeks of production time, regardless of their complexity.

Agent X was made when Amy and Jac in their house after painting all the walls black. They could go on for many hours every evening, 7 days a week if they wanted because they could. In the case of The Passion of Isabel, Jac used the same location that was used in JUSTINE. Bea and Jac worked 4 to 5 hours a day, four to five days a week. Isabel was complex because of all the props to set up and all the make up for Bea, who has tattoos, in addition the shoot was interrupted when Jac had to go see his father who passed away then.

The reception to The Passion of Isabel is good, so the profit margin is huge, I would say that at this point is something like 10 to 1. In the case of JUSTINE or Dead But Dreaming, high budget movies, the profit margin is around 3 to 1. But the actual amounts that come in to get to that margin are substantial in comparison. The audience for big budget productions is a lot larger.

Sure, if Jac made more films like Agent X, he would make a killing in terms of profit. But the work is very hard and it's not easy to convince an actress to be tortured over and over and over in the same kind of film, regardless of how much she would get paid. Camille had a limit, so did Amy and apparently Bea has a limit too. We'll see how Danielle does after her first experience under torture. Before Jac starts Cage, a very low budget movie by our standards, he's going to be training Danielle and maybe a spy movie will come out of it right after Cage. Danielle had some interesting suggestions for electric torture you could throw freezing water at me before the electrocution she said with a big smile. She was tied up, spread eagle, testing the new set. No pictures.

And now the drum roll please.... the moment Ralphus was eagerly waiting for ... Number TEN is....

10.- OLALLA! - 61 points

OlallaVidCaps01073205.jpg

OLALLA made it to the ten best sellers list this month. It wasn't always the case. Amy's fourth film as a director has been invited to festivals and it had a wide theatrical release. The critics overall loved the film, one critic had this to say in a full page newspaper review: The film is a homage to the eternal and sinister Dracula of Bram Stoker, and all manner of gothic creation. It may be a more melancholic vision but it preserves the dark prince’s leift motif. We can clearly see Dracula’s ghosts on parade starting with Nosferatu, to vampires that don’t wish to consume blood (Lucy Liu in Rise), and as an added spark, the work of Edgar Allan Poe, even occasional glimpses of Edward Scissorhands in the character played by Alejandro Loayza From OLALLA, THE ABSTINENCE OF BLOOD By Carlos Gutiérrez Published on Monday, 25 July, 2016 in the Sucre newspaper Libertador.

A
nother point I'd like to make is that a film like OLALLA goes to festivals and has the potential of life changing events, like it happened at the Feratum Film Festival where Amy was invited to participate with her fourth feature film and this event alone ended up changing her life. It was after FERATUM that Amy moved back to the US for another stage in her life and career. It was a big production budget movie, Martyr, screened at a the Diablo de Oro film festival, that made Amy turn her life around and join Jac. It was a the very big production movie, Krik? Krak! that opened at the Cannes Film Festival that led Jac to meet me and it was a big production Television mini-series that made Jac and Camille join forces 25 years ago... Wow... that long ago.

Isabel Dances Under The Whip

PassionOfIsabelVidCap_00534504.jpg

A new review of The Passion of Isabel is coming up. The author wrote his first impressions of that film to Jac, where he compares Amy, Bea and Mila in these terms: Wanted to let you know I am ready to write my review of The Passion of Isabel. Very allegorical. Enjoyed it. Bea is different from Amy and Mila. Her torture performance is more erotic. Amy's is more horror film oriented and Mila is more BDSM submissive, docile and never argumentative (though there are hints of her defiance in her Dead performance). Each girl has her strengths but I'll give Bea credit for her endurance. Making Isabel had to be trying.

PassionOfIsabelVidCap_00542606.jpg

Isabel is Ready for The Wheel

Lashes I am wondering, after many viewings of Agent X who could be cast in Amy's place! So many years it has been since I first fell in 'lust' with Amy!! Maybe someone who lives in fear of the 'whip', but can't live without its bite!!

I remember the time, more than 10 years ago, when there was resistance to Amy, aka Jane, the new lady in Red Feline town. Everyone that followed our work until then was in love, or in lust, with Camille of Red Feline On The Cross fame. Some still hold Camille in very high regard after all these years: Lloiro (CruxForum) I think many admirers would be happy with Carmen's return. In my modest opinion Red Feline can not be beat !!! Sadly, Carmen, aka Camille, made it very clear in her long conversation with Jac, that she will not work on film, any film, again. She's totally committed to theatre, she's very happy where she is and that's her final saying.

VCOC07p00114209.jpg

By the time Amy and Jac made Agent X, Amy had already gained a good following, thus, Agent X was very well received. So, to the comment/question who could be cast in Amy's place I can only respond that we shall see. The author of the soon to be publish review further notes that: I can compare Amy as Jane in Agent X with Bea in Isabel. Nobody can beat Amy/Jane for good scenes, I think, but Bea is not far behind.

Is Bea the new star of Jac's future movies? Will Danielle become the new Amy? Is Amy ever going to return to the roles she's famous for? Right now I cannot even be sure what is Jac truly planning for the future other than the film I know he is going to direct in a few weeks: Cage with Bea in the leading role.

Jac commented on his new film thus: The Cage story has become more complex. I'm toying with some Hegelian concepts, as well as letting Lacan, Kojeve and Bretton have a party in the script. It's something like watching the metamorphosis of Jekyll and Hyde through Hegel's dialectics as interpreted by Lacan's Psychoanalytic Theory but seeing it all through Bretton's surrealist eyes. I get dizzy just thinking about it. Me too.

PassionOfIsabelVidCap_00544614.jpg

There are some very interesting news. There are three film festivals coming up where we will be involved. On October 31st we will be making the official announcement of our very own Supay Horror Film Fest 2018. On November 3rd, Jac will be taking part of the Manchay Cine Festival, a terror film festival where Jac will be the invited guest of honor to receive a Homage for his work in film and will also preside the jury that will award the best film. The 10th of November Pygmalion will have it's Avant Premiere at another film festival. I will have more news about these events as I receive them.

Back
Top Bottom