No scourging before nailing

Go to CruxDreams.com

voyeurjerome

Assistant executioner
I think flogging is not practiced before crucifixion. It weakened the convict too much. He would die in a few hours, instead of suffering for several days.
In this concrete of the possible tortures has the cricufixion. One could consider the fire or the hot iron. The convict could suffer 10 or 20 marks before being nailed.

No. I think whipping was standard before the crucify. But not every human being was taken hostage except for the flesh, one wanted to achieve one thing above all else with the crucifixion:
Showing that you have absolute power, that was terror.
When I imagine that a healthy person is crucified, he defends himself with hands and feet. Every time a small group is needed to hold the person.
But if he is weakened by the whipping, two or three henchmen are enough.

I think flogging is not practiced before crucifixion. It weakened the convict too much. He would die in a few hours, instead of suffering for several days.
In this concrete of the possible tortures has the cricufixion. One could consider the fire or the hot iron. The convict could suffer 10 or 20 marks before being nailed.

Think what you want but the one (semi) historically document that known world wide specifically mentions scourging. And nobody said all victims were intended to last forever.

Also what type of cruxing are you talking about? Crucifixion was used a a method of execution well before Rome was more than a insignificant city on the Tiber through end of the Chinese Empire. The last judicial Crucifixion I've every heard about occurred in China in 1905.

Cruxing in the Arabic\Islamic culture was NOT a method of execution but how the victim was displayed while being tortured to death and after execution (as it is today in Iran).

Sometimes we do get a little out of whack out here.

kisses

willowfall

Whether it happened one way or the other a couple of thousand years ago, or even as recently as 1905, is irrelevant. What is important is what we would like to see. I, for one, like to see at least a few red welts on the girl before she is nailed to the cross. Others may like a fresh, clean body on the cross, with little or no blood. That can be nice, too. It's all good.

Back
Top Bottom