Notre-Dame ...

Go to CruxDreams.com
Sorry about the jerk comment.
I was over reacting.
;)
Apology accepted.
I was moved immensely when I first saw a performance of Murder in the Cathedral. The theme and Eliot's verse is so passionate. I just felt that passion for another cathedral.:bdsm-heart:

Attachments

• 5BF5C71D-1F9E-4E1F-9AB2-6B3E45F446F4.jpeg
    5BF5C71D-1F9E-4E1F-9AB2-6B3E45F446F4.jpeg
    326.1 KB · Views: 44
Not much I can add except that, as a student of Medieval history, I am pleased to see that most of the building survived.
As noted by others, most of the great cathedrals have undergone numerous restorations over the years and this damage shall be repaired. However, I do think that Macron's claim that it will be done in 5 years is ridiculous. It has already been noted that there are not enough trees of the right type and length in France to replace the lost beams.

When restoration was done on the cathedral of Salamanca, Spain in the 1990s, some new sculptures were added. This was done with permission as it was traditional for modern images to be included in ornamental works. One of the additions was an astronaut:
Sculpture_of_astronaut-700x420.jpg
I have a suggestion for something to added when the restoration is done on Notre Dame. A tribute to those who saved the building:
core_breaking_now.jpg

Latest information, filtered through the media, attribute the probable origin of the fire to one of the lifts,used by the workmen, gone in short-circuit.

Are you joking ? All the lifts used here are separated from the monument with an interval of 6 meters and when the work is finished, the electricity is closed and the electricity'box also closed with a key handed over the chief of the construction : so, I cant see how a lift could put the fire to the edifcice !
Yet a falk news that some medias like to make a scoop !!!

However, I do think that Macron's claim that it will be done in 5 years is ridiculous. It has already been noted that there are not enough trees of the right type and length in France to replace the lost beams.
I totally agree but we've a President who wants to all oversee : he demerits well his surname "JUPITER" ! :D
Mainly, I suspect that he wants that N-D could be restored on 2014 to inaugurate in the same time the N-D'restoration and the Olympics Games and so, to let a "great" image of himself for the future ! "JUPITER" !:D

Ran across this posted on Twitter. :eek: ????

"French officials claimed there were no people in the Notre Dame Cathedral when the devastating fire broke out. Clearly, there was at least one."

Attachments

• Vernon_No workers onsite. Who tf is this_.mp4
    1.5 MB · Views: 16
The nuts are out everywhere. :facepalm: From the Daily Mail:
A New Jersey man was caught walking into New York's famed St Patrick's Cathedral with two gas cans, two bottles of lighter fluid and two extended lighters Wednesday evening, police have said. The suspect is said to have told cops he was cutting through the cathedral to get to his minivan which had run out of gas, giving them 'inconsistent and evasive' answers when questioned.

12417176-6934767-image-a-42_1555558358514.jpg 464127609_5bdcef6d1b_b.jpg

Are you joking ? All the lifts used here are separated from the monument with an interval of 6 meters and when the work is finished, the electricity is closed and the electricity'box also closed with a key handed over the chief of the construction : so, I cant see how a lift could put the fire to the edifcice !
Yet a falk news that some medias like to make a scoop !!!
Well noted. Personally I have no technical answer. It was a TV report and, as I said, waiting confirmation thus far.

But this paint is false ! The Mother'queen in the background was even not present at the ceremony !:D
David was never a strikler for absolute historical accuracy:
c3f291fa87a5db3d1b08efaee586f1e9.jpgthe-intervention-of-the-sabine-women-by-Jacques-Louis-David-085.jpgc8f088b59e657f3598cc938f0dd38915.jpg
Well noted. Personally I have no technical answer. It was a TV report and, as I said, waiting confirmation thus far.
They installed electrical wires all across and under the roof to electrocute pigeons and rodents. Maybe one of those shorted?

Last edited:
David was never a strikler for absolute historical accuracy:
View attachment 696902View attachment 696903View attachment 696901

On the other hand David recorded exactly the moment recorded in the 3rd century BCE by Quintus Fabius Pictor, when Hersilia intervened between Titus Talius and Romulus and cried out, "Fer cryin' out loud fellers, put some clothes on!"

But you’re right PrPr, the painting of Napoleon's coronation is embellished to the point of fiction.

Attachments

• 23211442-AB9B-4C47-A1D0-948CD0D05A49.jpeg
    23211442-AB9B-4C47-A1D0-948CD0D05A49.jpeg
    587.3 KB · Views: 37
Ran across this posted on Twitter. :eek: ????

"French officials claimed there were no people in the Notre Dame Cathedral when the devastating fire broke out. Clearly, there was at least one."
According to the cathedral organist, there was a Mass in progress and he was playing when the fire alarm sounded.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-europe-47954442/i-was-playing-at-mass-when-the-fire-broke

I understand that the great organ has escaped any serious damage, which if true is another blessing,
it is one of the finest in the world.

Back
Top Bottom