Notturno Veneziano

Go to CruxDreams.com
Ho cercato su Google 'Oreficeria Antiquaria dei Dogi', ma penso che sia immaginario?

Ma vedo quello di Karl Lagerfeld:
18k gold Karl Lagerfeld engagement ring with 1.15 carats of diamonds (setting only),
price on request, available at select high-end boutiques.
Molte migliaia di dollari, di sicuro!

Ho cercato su Google 'Oreficeria Antiquaria dei Dogi', ma penso che sia immaginario?

Ma vedo quello di Karl Lagerfeld:
18k gold Karl Lagerfeld engagement ring with 1.15 carats of diamonds (setting only),
price on request, available at select high-end boutiques.
Molte migliaia di dollari, di sicuro!

the OAdD is a fantasy name.
Platinum! Not 18k gold. Name Aphrodite 3.03 carat main diamond.
Secret price...1523476090818.png

Last edited:
Ok, sarebbe una somma a sei cifre, probabilmente più di quanto ho pagato per il mio appartamento.

Ash Wednesday

Vio's phone alarm rings. I can hardly figure out where I am. Oh yes! My wedding night ... Under the warm rain of the shower Vio caresses me again, kisses me. We dance, cradled by a sweet melody and then, exhausted, embrace in tangles of our limbs. A long kiss, now we’re outside the door of the house that overlooks the Campiello. He gives me the keys in case I come back early. I watch him go away, he turns around, waves to me, I respond. Dear Vio, he really loves me! Then he disappears round the corner of the street.

I hesitate for a moment, feeling the anxiety of separation, now that we are married. He has put the ring of his mother on me, on him, I’ve put his father’s. Thus we have solemnised our matrimony. Must fly, or I’ll be late for work...

'Huh, Gaby! You’re looking a bit out of it.’

This is how Frau Helga welcomes me.

‘More than out of it, I don’t know where I am any more.'

'What have you been up to, what have you been smoking?'

'I’ve smoked my brain ... I’ve got engaged and married, all in less than half a night.'

'Right now? But, the ballet ... '

I show her my left hand with the rings.

'I can’t believe it! How wonderful! And who is he?'

'Vio.'

‘The one who called last night?'

'Just him.'

'And does he have all that money, to give you a ring like that? It’s worth a fortune!'

'It's worth a wedding, that’s what he said when I made the same comment.'

'He might well say that!'

The morning is spent examining the drawings in the architect's study, on the third floor of the theatre. At midday the phone's trill announces a message:
Vio: 'Hello my love, I love you!', 'Me too! Kiss! ' I reply.

The mist is still enwrapping the houses, it’s not thick, the outlines of the buildings and churches are fuzzy in the bleak grey of the low clouds, it is raining.

Many many thanks and kisses to l'bogo and Eulalia... :)

Wednesday evening

It's already seven o'clock in the evening, Vio was supposed to call me an hour ago ... At last the phone rings... but I don’t know this number. I listen.

'Good evening Madam ....' It’s a woman's voice. 'Do you know Signor Vito Zane?'

'Yes, certainly.'

‘I am calling from the Emergency Department in Mestre Hospital. We found your number as the last one called on his phone. Sgr. Zane has had an accident, he is here now. If you are a close relative of his, you should come urgently. Ask for Mirella, that's me. ‘

‘I'm in Venice now, I won’t be able to get there very quickly - but what’s happened?'

'Hurry up, I can’t say any more, I’ll be waiting here.'

'As soon as possible, I'll be there.'

Oh God! Vio, Vio my love, what has happened to you? There’s a lump in my throat, I almost can’t breathe, my stomach is seized in a grip of pain.

'Frau Helga! Frau Helga! Please call me a taxi-boat, I have to hurry to Mestre ... Vio ... Vio’s in the hospital... quick!

'Right away, Gaby love, you get ready.'

I throw on my padded coat, slip on my shoes, stumble, grab my bag.

'Gaby! Off you go, it's ready for you on the Rio da la Vesta, here on the right just outside, run, hurry up! If you need to call me, let me know - go! '

'Thanks Frau Helga, I’ll phone.' I go out, around the corner, here’s the motorboat.

Quick, quick – to Mestre! I have to get to the hospital, take me to where I can take a taxi, to get there as soon as possible!'

'Unfortunately we often have to do this trip. Now take a seat and be calm, Miss, fasten your belt, we know the way well.'

'Thank you.'

I cannot understand, what route we are taking, perhaps the Giudecca canal - we are already in the Lagoon, I can see the bridge... A thousand thoughts, a thousand conjectures race each other around my mind - an accident? He didn’t call me himself, that means it must be bad... my poor love...'

'Here we, there’s the taxi is already waiting for you.'

'How much do I owe you?'

'The booking’s already paid.'

'Who paid?'

'The theatre director.'

'Thankyou!'
In a few minutes the taxi takes me to the Emergency Department entrance, I offer a 20-euro note to the driver as I jump out.

'Miss, your change, it’s only 12 euros ...'

I don’t respond.

'Signora Mirella, please, quickly, she called me a little while ago, about Signor Zane.'

‘At once!' The receptionist makes a call on the phone. I’m, pacing about anxiously, but how long does it take? Only a few seconds pass, but it seems like an eternity.’

'Signora Gabriella Zane?'

Confused, I answer, 'Yes I am Gabriella ... er, pleased to meet you...'

I didn’t expect to be called by his last name .

'Follow me...'

We enter a room, there are a few chairs.

‘The Doctor’s on her way, wait here.'

She departs, leaves me, I’m feeling like an animal in a cage within these four walls, but the wait is short, the Doctor soon enters.

'Please sit down, Madam.'

My legs give way, I'm feeling sick ....

Back
Top Bottom