Now This Just Isn't Funny

Go to CruxDreams.com
Me:oops:

You had to live then to know what this means!

Well you don't get the 50 yards of paper these days, but dividing by zero is still very much a no-no. It's a basic rule of coding to test that the denominator is not zero before dividing to ensure you don't get an error.

And what happens if you don't?

divide-by-zero1.jpgad0999e8eda5cb1ab42e7b9465aa49151227988728_full.jpg

88780c_3356900.jpg

Multiply by zero, get zero.
Divide by zero, undefined, therefore error.

:confundio1:
And yet, it can be done! :icon_writing::idea::deal:

View attachment 704778 Just a matter of perspective!:roto2nuse:

:watchout: I think!:ambulance:
If we are going to wax mathematically philosophical here, it is interesting to note that modern higher math embraces all sorts of ridiculous concepts of numbers, starting with the insane, but totally indispensable square root of negative 1 (i). It is even called "imaginary! And infinity (which has no physical meaning - Sorry Buzz Lightyear!) is used regularly in simple integrals in physics! But that poor, simple number 1 divided by zero, is excluded and banished to outer darkness, allowed no meaning in math. Left to wander in perpetual ignominy.:(:(:(

:confundio1:
And yet, it can be done! :icon_writing::idea::deal:

View attachment 704778 Just a matter of perspective!:roto2nuse:

:watchout: I think!:ambulance:

There's higher maths, and there's the real world where things actually follow rules and work or don't work :D If you live in that world, don't divide by zero. It's a common mistake I see for people trying to create reports or spreadsheets for example.

On a different note, this recently published photo of Mark Zuckerberg makes him look remarkably like Commander Data of Star Trek

Zuck.jpg Data-Memory-Beta-660x400@2x.jpg

There's higher maths, and there's the real world where things actually follow rules and work or don't work :D If you live in that world, don't divide by zero. It's a common mistake I see for people trying to create reports or spreadsheets for example.

On a different note, this recently published photo of Mark Zuckerberg makes him look remarkably like Commander Data of Star Trek

View attachment 704816 View attachment 704817
What is it with rich guys?
hiar.jpg
The 10 richest men in America and not a single decent hair cut among them.

Back
Top Bottom