Now This Just Isn't Funny

Go to CruxDreams.com
Maybe, this is an opportunity to compare international "customs and traditions" (= "Sitten und Gebräuche"). ;)

When there is a man in Germany who earns a title similar to "Mr. Important" from his neighbourhood, there is also a kind of saying that the neighbours always like to seem him - usually they like to see him the most in about 150 meters distance and from behind.

Are there similar proverbs and sayings in the USA? ;)

View attachment 869987
What other kinds of horn blowing are there? (And don't say "blow your own" - that's disgusting!)

The Swiss have very, very big horns and they were blowing them for making noise as a kind of telling news and also music across the deep valleys in the European Alps, so these are Alp-Horns / Alphorns and they are really called "Alphornbläser" (= Alp-Horn-Blowers):

By the way, the Swiss are often making names shorter, smaller or more "sweet" by putting a "i" behind it, what is sometimes very funny for Germans. The mountain in this video about the "Alphornbläser" is the famous "Matterhorn", and the Swiss sometimes refer to it as a national treasure, calling it our "Hörnli". So, being a German, for me, the Matterhorn is at the same time the biggest and the smallest "Hörnli", I have ever heard of.
Another funny problem for non-Swiss is sometimes when you hear the name of a famous Swiss person. For example, I could have problems in a Swiss university to look up to a famous Swiss professor with the name (and he really exists!) Prof. Dr. Willi Wölfli !

On the other hand, there are real German names you would not believe that they are real but they are! There is a German comedian who sometimes tells the story that he really wanted to become a famous journalist, but his name prevented his wish coming true. Imagine the anchorman of a German TV station, telling the audience: " ... and now, we are calling our war correspondent in the fighting area, Sebastian PUFPAFF, how is the situation there?"

Female evolutionary biologists debate how quite a lot of male bits can provide any advantage :p
Their logic is flawed.
You see! The evolutionary advantage of the peacock's big tail is, that it attracts female peacocks in such a succesful way, that it outclassses all obvious disadvantages!

The real trick of evolutionary advantage is to take profit of totally useless bits!:p

Pretty much the story line of this episode, watched it a few weeks ago

McCoy discovers a possible vaccine for the disease, but without the ability to check the dosage with the ship's computers, the vaccine may kill the patient . . . . . . . . . . but in desperation McCoy has already injected himself with a dose of the vaccine. The doctor's sores fade, confirming the cure's effectiveness.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom