Obscene Display.

Go to CruxDreams.com
The pose is quite a bit like one I did for Lucilla in The Serpent's Eye, same curl of the left toes, the feet up on the outside of the lower crossbeams. None of my renders of Lucilla show her from that angle, so I don't know. Maybe the artist was influenced by my work, and maybe he just thought up that pose all on his own.View attachment 546553

And I see now that I'm probably mistaken that the original model was, you know, human.

And now for the most minor quibble known to our science. Both manips seem to be set in the pre-Christian Roman Empire, and therefore it could be argued that the crucifix hanging around the neck of AE's victim is an unbelievable anachronism.
The sword and shield of the AE manip do not look Roman either. It rather could be set in a fantasy era, inspired on Roman world elements.

The sword and shield of the AE manip do not look Roman either. It rather could be set in a fantasy era, inspired on Roman world elements.

Can't think of a fantasy universe in which crucifix wearing Christians are crucified. Serves me right for confining most of my recreational reading to hard SF.

Can't think of a fantasy universe in which crucifix wearing Christians are crucified. Serves me right for confining most of my recreational reading to hard SF.

I can easily imagine ISIS doing that, although they might not crucify a woman naked. Iran might, they not only have crucifixion on the books as a punishment, they actually have some rudimentary instructions for how it's to be carried out. Leaving Islam is considered to be apostasy and punishable by death. Some Christians were supposedly crucified in southern Sudan, which also has crucifixion in their penal code as a punishment.

So yeah, while the nudity is a stumbling block, crucifying Christians even in these times is not out of the realm of possibility.

So yeah, while the nudity is a stumbling block, crucifying Christians even in these times is not out of the realm of possibility.
There were some crucifixions in the Bronx recently, or so I've been told. I'm not sure of the religion of the victims, but two were probably nominal, though non-practicing Christians. :D

I can easily imagine ISIS doing that, although they might not crucify a woman naked. Iran might, they not only have crucifixion on the books as a punishment, they actually have some rudimentary instructions for how it's to be carried out. Leaving Islam is considered to be apostasy and punishable by death. Some Christians were supposedly crucified in southern Sudan, which also has crucifixion in their penal code as a punishment.

You wrote a a plausible, real-life scenario for Al-Qaeda crucifying Christian missionaries naked (in a stadium to boot) in Faithful Sayings, Jedakk.

There are fantasy worlds awash in Christian symbolism (Professor Lewis, please call your service), but none that I can think of with Christian iconography.

Perhaps an alternate timeline in which pagan Rome persisted a few more centuries?

Hmmm . . .

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    160.5 KB · Views: 909
There were some crucifixions in the Bronx recently, or so I've been told. I'm not sure of the religion of the victims, but two were probably nominal, though non-practicing Christians. :D

NYPD tracked da bastiches down, though!

The pose is quite a bit like one I did for Lucilla in The Serpent's Eye, same curl of the left toes, the feet up on the outside of the lower crossbeams. None of my renders of Lucilla show her from that angle, so I don't know. Maybe the artist was influenced by my work, and maybe he just thought up that pose all on his own.

Jedakk

View attachment 546553

What I like about that one Jed is that she is forced to hold her legs open like that herself. Her ankles aren't bound, she is desperately trying to find traction on the wide spaced uprights, to take weight of her wrists. She is forced to expose herself to this obscene treatment, to endure it all the while knowing that she could close her legs at soem cost.

One I found in my archive from 2003, I think it fits here.

Inposition.jpg

What I like about that one Jed is that she is forced to hold her legs open like that herself. Her ankles aren't bound, she is desperately trying to find traction on the wide spaced uprights, to take weight of her wrists. She is forced to expose herself to this obscene treatment, to endure it all the while knowing that she could close her legs at soem cost.

Exactly! After already being hung on a cross naked five times before, she's beyond humiliation but she'll do anything she can for a little relief.

What I like about that one Jed is that she is forced to hold her legs open like that herself. Her ankles aren't bound, she is desperately trying to find traction on the wide spaced uprights, to take weight of her wrists. ]

Exactly! After already being hung on a cross naked five times before, she's beyond humiliation but she'll do anything she can for a little relief.

Ah, I get it now. She's trying to press up with her feet to take the strain off her wrists. I wondered why she wasn't doing something like the lady in the illustration below.

Perhaps in one of the earlier ordeals she did. Not today.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    412 KB · Views: 1,030
Ah, I get it now. She's trying to press up with her feet to take the strain off her wrists. I wondered why she wasn't doing something like the lady in the illustration below.

Perhaps in one of the earlier ordeals she did. Not today.

She would certainly do that if she had the opportunity. Earlier in the story, she kicked one of the executioner's helpers in the balls when he was trying to untangle her from one of the onlookers she was trying to kill. Lucilla was dangerous since she knew that they had to try to crucify her twelve times, and they couldn't do anything to really hurt her badly and jeopardize her lasting through them all. So she could do anything to them she wanted if she had an opportunity.

On her way to the cross, she saw one of the onlookers walking along the road in front of her talking and not paying attention. She positioned herself and slowed down to get some slack in her chain, then jumped on him.

Lucilla Scene 2-12_0001 edited.jpg Lucilla Scene 2-21_0001.jpg

By the time Hercules got hold of her, she had wrapped her wrist chain around the man's neck twice, and was strangling him.

Lucilla Scene 3-12_0001 edited.jpg

She was laughing like a maniac, enjoying killing a man who was on his way to see her crucified. I don't show it, but as soon as they managed to get her disentangled from the man, she kicked Hercules, the Nubian holding her, in the balls. He dropped to his knees but she got up and continued walking toward the place of execution like nothing had happened.

She was laughing like a maniac, enjoying killing a man who was on his way to see her crucified.

She sure was.

image.jpeg

I'm torn between hoping for a happy ending for Lucilla, or looking forward to being one of the appalled onlookers with a raging erection at her final crucifixion.

Posted yesterday by Michele Patri on Foundation, a variation on the "yoga was a capital crime" theme recently posted here. Although Patri's backstory is more in the "Christian virgin martyr" vein.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    756.1 KB · Views: 835
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    217.5 KB · Views: 815
Back
Top Bottom