Odds And Ends And Anything You Fancy

Go to CruxDreams.com
That would be this.
View attachment 1429553

Our state Motto is- "Nothing to see here, move along please".

I love my home state... just poking a little fun at it. :D
I will say this for Kansas...the hottest and coldest I've ever felt was there. On a bike trip West we stopped in Norton and the temp read 108. Driving through in December back in 1983ish it was something like -15 in Goodland with a solid 40 mph wind.

I will say this for Kansas...the hottest and coldest I've ever felt was there. On a bike trip West we stopped in Norton and the temp read 108. Driving through in December back in 1983ish it was something like -15 in Goodland with a solid 40 mph wind.
That sounds about right. We had some pretty nasty winters in the 70's and 80's, but in the last decade or so we've had fairly mild winters (not complaining at all).

What is the name of the "Imanasshole" placard the Chinese prisoners carry on their way to their execution? Also the significance of the red "X's" and such.
View attachment 1436226
Now I asked exactly that question of my co-writer of the 'Three Sisters', and here is his answer:

Its name is the Death Signage(亡命牌), and it is a uniquely Chinese marking of a condemned prisoner. It is a wooden mark with the prisoner's name and crime written on the back of the condemned prisoner, and a way to humiliate the prisoner, very common in Chinese justice and a sign of execution in China. At the time of execution, the sign is removed, signaling that the prisoner's life has disappeared from our real world.

112134358_p0.jpg

The red X's I don't know.

Now I asked exactly that question of my co-writer of the 'Three Sisters', and here is his answer:

Its name is the Death Signage(亡命牌), and it is a uniquely Chinese marking of a condemned prisoner. It is a wooden mark with the prisoner's name and crime written on the back of the condemned prisoner, and a way to humiliate the prisoner, very common in Chinese justice and a sign of execution in China. At the time of execution, the sign is removed, signaling that the prisoner's life has disappeared from our real world.

View attachment 1436242

The red X's I don't know.
Thanks for the explanation of that. I wonder if it's an origin of the saying, "Having a red "X" next to your name." I've been through 6 corporate mergers and buyouts. I've had the red "X" next to mine.

Thanks for the explanation of that. I wonder if it's an origin of the saying, "Having a red "X" next to your name." I've been through 6 corporate mergers and buyouts. I've had the red "X" next to mine.
In my Army aviation unit a red x grounded the aircraft. As a crew chief I had the authority to ground my aircraft if there was a safety of flight issue ( but I had to have a valid reason). I never had to do it in a year of flying missions.

Back
Top Bottom