Odds And Ends And Anything You Fancy

Go to CruxDreams.com
Okay, sergeant, for this rape case identity parade we've got to find six well-built men,
medium height, brown skin, bald head, with... er ... horns? :confused:
In British parlance a "horn" means something quite specific; it reminds me of a Frank Sinatra film called "Man with a Horn" in jolly old England they changed the title to "Man with a Trumpet" or something similar before it appeared in the Cinemas.
So me thinks us guys all have horns or should "all ave orns?"
H;)

There's a lot of stuff in the Bible - especially the Psalms - about 'lifting up (his) horn',
when a man - or Israel, etc. - is granted success, victory etc. by the Lord -
in contexts where it's pretty certainly not a musical instrument (shofar),
it's treated as a metaphor, a man triumphing like a bull lifting up his horns,
but the phallic subtext is lurking in pretty full sight!

There's a lot of stuff in the Bible - especially the Psalms - about 'lifting up (his) horn',
when a man - or Israel, etc. - is granted success, victory etc. by the Lord -
in contexts where it's pretty certainly not a musical instrument (shofar),
it's treated as a metaphor, a man triumphing like a bull lifting up his horns,
but the phallic subtext is lurking in pretty full sight!
We have to get Eul out of the slave-bard civet pit. She is looking upon Tree pretty favorably...

Not intending a shameless plug, but I just created a post (really, go check it out) and realized that there doesn’t seem the be a place to see recently created threads like there were in the old days. Am I missing it or did it get sacrificed?

Not intending a shameless plug, but I just created a post (really, go check it out) and realized that there doesn’t seem the be a place to see recently created threads like there were in the old days. Am I missing it or did it get sacrificed?

I don’t see it. Are you sure that you completed the posting process?

There appears to be this and this CF1.jpg for checking out what's new. But don't see it either, only after following the direct link.

Wait, it's there, it's just far down enough to go beyond the cut-off.

My main point though was about the ability to see new threads. I’ve been inactive a few times and we I come back I try to latch on to the new post.

Your new post is more than 2 hours old, so it no longer shows under new posts. More recent ones have bumped it out of sight.

My main point though was about the ability to see new threads. I’ve been inactive a few times and we I come back I try to latch on to the new post.

You're correct, since the recent 'upgrade', new threads have not been displayed on the home page, and a lot of members are disappointed.
ImageMaker is aware of the problem, it doesn't seem an easy one to solve as it's a feature of the system provided by XenForo.

If you select Forums at top left, and click on the little arrow, you can bring up a longer list of new posts than you get with 'What's New',
and you can get Your threads, Threads with your posts, and Unanswered threads - but not, alas, new threads.

Back
Top Bottom