Odds And Ends And Anything You Fancy

Go to CruxDreams.com
Good thing for you that Eul never issues demerits! Come on now. Let’s give Scotland a break here :p
But it was Thomas Hobbes who described life without the influence of society as, 'solitary, dark, poor, nasty, brutish, and short'. Many believe he wrote this after his one and only visit North of Gretna Green. In his journal, he asked how a civilized people could live perpetually without the sun, implying they weren't civilized.

Concerning the Stars at night:
View attachment 677537
Except in Scotland, where the clouds mean they never see stars except after altercations down at the pub.
Actually my Northern Forest is a Dark Sky Park, the first in Europe, rated one of the 10 best places in the world to view stars;

Dark SKy Park 1.jpg Dark Sky Park2.jpg Dark Sky Park 3.jpg

I'll come to Eul's defence, some of the best views of the night sky are found https://scotland.forestry.gov.uk/forest-parks/galloway-forest-park/dark-skies
Thanks Old Slave, was posting the above before I saw yours!

Actually my Northern Forest is a Dark Sky Park, the first in Europe, rated one of the 10 best places in the world to view stars;

View attachment 677669 View attachment 677670 View attachment 677671

Thanks Old Slave, was posting the above before I saw yours!

WALT WHITMAN

When I heard the learn’d astronomer,
When the proofs, the figures, were ranged in columns before me,
When I was shown the charts and diagrams, to add, divide, and measure them,
When I sitting heard the astronomer where he lectured with much applause in the lecture-room,
How soon unaccountable I became tired and sick,
Till rising and gliding out I wander’d off by myself,
In the mystical moist night-air, and from time to time,
Look’d up in perfect silence at the stars.

WALT WHITMAN

When I heard the learn’d astronomer,
When the proofs, the figures, were ranged in columns before me,
When I was shown the charts and diagrams, to add, divide, and measure them,
When I sitting heard the astronomer where he lectured with much applause in the lecture-room,
How soon unaccountable I became tired and sick,
Till rising and gliding out I wander’d off by myself,
In the mystical moist night-air, and from time to time,
Look’d up in perfect silence at the stars.
If I didn´t know Walt Whitman, I could think of a him as a creationist. If you are overwhelmed by facts - forget them and become mystical :)

If I didn´t know Walt Whitman, I could think of a him as a creationist. If you are overwhelmed by facts - forget them and become mystical :)

The poet describes a preference for directly observing the thing being measured than for a description of the measuring. Not so much a creationist as one marveling at creation.

And a true 21st century girl never ceases to take selfies, even after joining the military.
I think these can go here rather than Fun with a Gun because they have cameras rather than guns.

Sorry for dragging the thread down from such lofty heights :)

!0_2 (5).jpgtumblr_oj0pro11HS1r1ksizo9_1280.jpg!av_ (5).jpg!av_ (7).jpg!av_ (9).jpgnude_female_army_soldier_22.jpg

Reminds mebof the Iron Maiden track 'women in uniform'...

Which is a cover of the Skyhooks 1978 hit of my teenage years :D

70s Australian band so no one here will have heard of them :(

I didn't even know that Iron Maiden covered it :confused:

Back
Top Bottom