Odds And Ends And Anything You Fancy

Go to CruxDreams.com
Found these pics of old car safety seats and couldn´t help but smile.
I even doubt if these were intended for 'safety', rather to prevent the kids from crawling around. Mom has no safety belt and sits behind a steering wheel with a rigid column, that would impale her chest in case of an accident, at least if she would not be thrown out of the car, or crushed by the motor block!:eek:

I even doubt if these were intended for 'safety', rather to prevent the kids from crawling around. Mom has no safety belt and sits behind a steering wheel with a rigid column, that would impale her chest in case of an accident, at least if she would not be thrown out of the car, or crushed by the motor block!:eek:

Well I suppose knowing she's got an impaling spike pointing straight at her chest
might encourage her to drive carefully!

always wear car belts beacouse one time save kitty and mama life also today next little car crash with mama also wear on car belts beacouse me have colleague who drop out from car from front glass of car but survived, safety seat i think can too help if someone is little kitty ? :oops: :cat:

I always had my stick-on play steering wheel fastened to the glove box lid of Dad's Morris Minor.. Not only was I not belted, but I had my own personal impalement pole. Thank goodness 60mph was only achieved downhill with a tail wind. View attachment 748144View attachment 748145
Deep scepticism here. The Morris Minor wasn't introduced until 1948. Weren't you old enough to drive for real then? Or was the adult, young slave not yet trusted behind the real wheel.:drive:

And the real steering wheel is on the left seat. Geeze, OS, if you're are going to fake a picture, don't flip left and right!:doh:

Last edited:
Who cares which side the wheel is?
It does! One of my most scary rides ever I was sitting on the front left passenger's seat, the first time I was in a left side driving country. So, sitting on the place I was used to as the driver's seat, the moves of the driver were one scary nightmare, since he always did things I anticipated from my experience and viewpoint, as very dangerous!

It does! One of my most scary rides ever I was sitting on the front left passenger's seat, the first time I was in a left side driving country. So, sitting on the place I was used to as the driver's seat, the moves of the driver were one scary nightmare, since he always did things I anticipated from my experience and viewpoint, as very dangerous!

Last year on the German autobahns it was somewhat disconcerting to have people screaming past me at 150 kmph on the "wrong" side of the car!

I'll be driving on the wrong side again in a couple of weeks..

Right, not many more posts from me for a while, so let's make them count.
Join the military and learn new skills, they said . . . . . . .
lusciousnet_lusciousnet_tumblr_nykj0jt3gu1upl2rto2_r1_1280_1624265623.jpglusciousnet_lusciousnet_7838fdcd5340b1a90671ca2406eb9d36444e_1159336180.1024x0.jpeg1531383972_8013100004_resize.jpg78779_4ae3536_900x2999.jpglusciousnet_lusciousnet_tumblr_nykj0jt3gu1upl2rto5_r1_1280_483195583.1024x0.jpg2dPct.jpg

I'll be driving on the wrong side again in a couple of weeks..
Driving at the wrong side (=left side for me), was less a problem, even with my left sided wheel was not really problematic (except for the first 100 m, I had completely forgotten I had to switch sides). The only trouble is is paying at a toll station, since the desk is at the wrong side.

And having returned on the continent, the first two weeks I passed twice a median strip at the left side!:doh::facepalm:

The only trouble is is paying at a toll station, since the desk is at the wrong side.

Absolutely, two years ago I drove my British car to Netherlands and the holiday park had a card operated barrier at the entrance, no way could I reach it from the driver's seat.

This old slave must have looked a funny sight getting out of the car, inserting the card, then running back to drive through before the barrier descended again.

Back
Top Bottom