Odds And Ends And Anything You Fancy

Go to CruxDreams.com
'ya bassa', Glaswegian for 'you bastard', is said by many on the internet to be
a Gaelic war-cry,'"aigh bas" meaning "battle and die"' It isn't and it doesn't,
they might be thinking of 'fhaigh bàs!' (imperative, the fh and gh are pretty well silent),
that means simply 'die!'

The piping's not bad, shame about the drumming.

Hmm. 'fh(l)aigh bàs!' - Phlebas - are you trying to tell me something?

*ON THIS DATE* Now I realize it's well past the 13th in Europe and East but I wasn't able to get in here earlier so it's still history. :)
History for January 13 | Pope recognizes Knights Templar On this day in 1128, Pope Honorius II grants a papal sanction to the military order known as the Knights Templar, declaring it to be an army of God. Led by the Frenchman Hughes de Payens, the Knights Templar organization was founded in 1118. Its self-imposed mission was to protect Christian pilgrims on their way to and from the Holy Land during the Crusades, the series of military expeditions aimed at defeating Muslims in Palestine. For a while, the Templars had only nine members, mostly due to their rigid rules. In addition to having noble birth, the knights were required to take strict vows of poverty, obedience and chastity. In 1127, new promotional efforts convinced many more noblemen to join the order, gradually increasing its size and influence.

Last edited:
I’ll bet that probably didn’t happen much ;)
I wouldn't be that cynical. I don't suppose all the Templars - or members of any religious orders -
were wholly faithful to their vows, but there was a strong belief in a very real and nasty place called Hell,
and even in this world, dishonour was something the knightly classes did fear, with good reason -
and of course reliable contraception didn't exist until much more recently,
however attractive a noble knight might be, the stakes for women were dangerously high.

me heard only in discovery templar knights make joke new members and eariel take one member or betreyer buried him to neck in sand and told him its only joke for new members and told him to told strange things and spells and new members see only head in sand and believe is talking magic head demon and later to more make believe in it new members they cut off this boy head and put on plate and show new members to make they believe its real talking magic demon head and not just burried kitty in sand and other bad rituals but nobody kitty know its truth or no :oops: :cat::conejo:

Festum Asinorum_January 14 * The Feast of Asses

Feast of the Asses: This is a now antiquated celebration that may have arisen out of the Feast of Fools and perhaps the pagan holiday, Cervula. The Feast of the Ass celebrated “the donkey-related stories in the Bible, in particular the donkey bearing the Holy Family into Egypt after Jesus’s birth.” The celebration would begin with a woman and a child riding a donkey that was led through town to the church, where the donkey would stand beside the altar during the sermon. When the Feast of Fools was suppressed in 17th century Europe, the Feast of the Ass fell out of favor at around the same time.

Back
Top Bottom