Olivier Hufkens Is Back!

Go to CruxDreams.com
Yes it's true. Olivier is free and itching to get back in business. Here is a link to his latest brainchild
http://www.cruxpages.com/nudes
Not had time to explore yet. Any comments or pics from the site?

So where has he been? I can make some guesses!
This looks pretty ordinary to be honest. At least Crucified Women filled a niche.
The domain name holds some slim promise for the future.

Attachments

• damian05.jpg
    damian05.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 596
  • damian06.jpg
    damian06.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 601
Last edited:
So where has he been? I can make some guesses!
This looks pretty ordinary to be honest. At least Crucified Women filled a niche.
The domain name holds some slim promise for the future.
Let's say that he's been out of circulation for a while and is looking to reinsert himself somewhere! At least the counter is on nearly 300 so some people are looking which is a good sign. Everybody has to earn a crust.

Also there are no popups and it's easy to download any pic without being directed elsewhere, eg
beach.jpg

And this pic is 134KB which is more than some sites will give for free.

Lets hope he'll reintroduce the DVD store albeit updated with new material. ....

Send Hufkens our best wishes for his birthday - tell him it would be good to see him here! :D

Send Hufkens our best wishes for his birthday - tell him it would be good to see him here! :D
I think it's his 49th. Apparently he was out of circulation for a while as he felt the need to defend his honour. Anyway I've just been exploring his site and there are some things I've not seen before, more later. He has kept the old Arcimboldo pages going with the original texts which I must copy. Example here is Ecce
ecce.jpg
Ecce

Rumors had been going around that the beautiful young woman was an illegitimate daughter of King Herod. It was not clear if Judith had ever claimed to be a Jewish princess, but the gossip produced much agitation in the royal court. On a visit with the old Roman governor, Queen Herodias and her daughter found some rather persuasive arguments to convince him to sentence Judith to the most atrocious Roman punishment...

The announcement of the sentence had hardly faded when Judith was stripped by the guards and led to the inner courtyard of the governor's palace. The men spent several hours amusing themselves with their young, innocent captive, first mocking her and fondling her most intimate parts, then slapping her face, scourging her beautiful body vigorously, and at last branding
her breastbone with the symbol of her further ordeal.

Even then she was not ready to serve the filthy desires of her torturers voluntarily. The men noticed her lack of cooperation. So they took a hammer and two nails, seized her breasts and brutally nailed her nipples to a heavy wooden table. After that, they took her from behind...one by one...again and again...

Hours later, the guardsmen released her from the table, but left the nails in her tender flesh. They laughed and told her this was the way she would have to carry the nails to her cross. Then they paused, as if they had to think about it intensely.

"Hm, well, a traditional crucifixion of course takes at least three nails..."

Again they laughed loudly and produced another nail. They showed it to her as if to demonstrate the quality of the wrought-iron work. Then they grabbed her smeary lower lips and...very, very slowly...drove the nail through the sore and swollen flesh.

When Judith's screams had subsided, the guards took a thin rope, made a loop and wound it around the third nail. Finally, they hung a wooden plate on their victim's neck.

"People say you are a princess, but you look like a common wench! Don't you think you need an outfit that looks more presentable?"

I still don't know who wrote the original texts for Arcimboldo's pics. I will of course pass on your best wishes to Olivier.

Olivier has been busy.
"I worked very fast,...
check out http://www.crucified-women.net/
there should be an extra entrance,...
leading to http://www.crucified-women.net/forum/"

The site is getting better. In a recent conversation I asked whether Arcimboldo wrote the texts for his pics. Olivier says he did but I still don't understand the final message on this Ecce pdf (attached). Anyone got a simple explanation? It says "I am most grateful to MahaShiva for his persistent help to turn my humble English wording into comprehensible text. Best regards Arcimboldo"

Attachments

• Arcimboldo's Ecce.pdf
    184.1 KB · Views: 167
Olivier has been busy.
"I worked very fast,...
check out http://www.crucified-women.net/
there should be an extra entrance,...
leading to http://www.crucified-women.net/forum/"

The site is getting better. In a recent conversation I asked whether Arcimboldo wrote the texts for his pics. Olivier says he did but I still don't understand the final message on this Ecce pdf (attached). Anyone got a simple explanation? It says "I am most grateful to MahaShiva for his persistent help to turn my humble English wording into comprehensible text. Best regards Arcimboldo"

Maha Shiva is a crux artist on DeviantArt - manips, drawings etc. See http://mahashiva001.deviantart.com/

He's a nice guy, helpful and happy to talk about crux art etc.

Yes, Shiva has become quite a good photo manip artist on deviantart these days.
He was an active member of the old Crux group, which is where the association with Arcimboldo comes in. Shiva used to draw, and write stories, and generally contribute. He was out of action for a long time, family and children I suspect, but in recent years he's been posting on Deviantart and made a few appearances on Cruxfoundation

He is indeed a nice fella :D

shiva01.gif shiva02.gif

Many thanks for that link bobinder. It still looks like it was Arcimboldo who was grateful to Maha Shiva for the text which still doesn't sound right to me. I did notice Hasturan is also on Deviant art.

Hi Melissa, yes it certainly reads that way. I can only speculate on matters of language or literacy. The Arcimboldo index page contains a quotation from Maha Shiva, dated 2003 so some kind of collaboration appears plausible, and Maha Shiva is a helpful and active supporter of our visual arts.

There is quite a crowd of us on DeviantArt. Membership is free and there is no obligation to submit any pictures, so I wonder why the overlap is not greater. Having said that, most of the relevant material finds its way here in any case, so that may be the reason. Regards, B

Hi Melissa, yes it certainly reads that way. I can only speculate on matters of language or literacy. The Arcimboldo index page contains a quotation from Maha Shiva, dated 2003 so some kind of collaboration appears plausible, and Maha Shiva is a helpful and active supporter of our visual arts.

There is quite a crowd of us on DeviantArt. Membership is free and there is no obligation to submit any pictures, so I wonder why the overlap is not greater. Having said that, most of the relevant material finds its way here in any case, so that may be the reason. Regards, B
Thank you for that illuminating reply. I will contact Maha Shiva shortly to solve this puzzle...well, I am a mathematician!!

Back
Top Bottom