On The 3rd Of June We All Suffered A Local Tragedy...

Go to CruxDreams.com

ImageMaker

NEVER BANNED
Staff member
On the 3rd of June we all suffered a “local tragedyâ€. Hosting company 3FN.NET, which housed our sites (don’t mention another 15â€000) was attacked by the U.S. government organization FTC (Federal Trade Commission). Company 3FN.NET was accused of all mortal sins, which you can think of. Therefore, they cut off electricity in their data centers and our members at CruxDreams.com and CruxForums.com lost access to our resources. Despite the fact that the content of our sites is legal in most civilized countries, including the United States.

Nevertheless - the tragedy is not a full crash. We preserved some data, so we can partially recover. But, unfortunately, again, we lost all of the graphics posted. And we would be very grateful if you could help us to restore the content.
And another good point: we used the forced outage for inplementing a few user friendly features at Cruxdreams.com. Now our members can vote for their favourite models or sets of pix, save the sets in a special area. Navigation became easier. And something else... Join or re-join – and you’ll see.

Some info about the unfriendly capture of 3FN.NET:
http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2009/06/3fn.shtm
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/securi ... if_we.html

Attachments

• police.jpg
    police.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 1,216
so it seems, this place was caught in the crossfire. maybe, someone needed to show, they can catch net-criminals and no thought for the legal customers.
but thank youvery much for your work to restore also the forum, which you give free even to those people who are not signed up.

Thanks much for restoring what you could.

I feel like I'm walking around in a city after some natural or man-made disaster!

911 was terrible, but 63 was more so because it attacke our very culture.

The surviving threads are like burnt out buildings.

I found the remains of the 'Crucified Males' thread and it was like going back to the home where I once lived!

Actually, it is almost like the home in which I was born in this city we call Crux Forums.

There is passage from a post in that thread:

"Do you think you are here to save people? You have called yourself goldenruler."
melissa

I had to follow up with a post about who I was and what I was about.

It was all pretty funny, but it did bring a tear to the eye too!

There we were then and here we are now!

I see no trace of my old crux film school. Oh well, that was all posted bass akwards anyway.

It is time for us to sift through the remains and clear the rubble to rebuild!

'Yes we can!"

Did anyone call FEMA?

I thought I saw Connie in the next block hobbling around looking for her cast.

GR :-(

Hi,
We've got a roof over our heads at least and it's fun going through old folders.
Mel & Julie

Hi,
We don't know how to reconstruct old threads so is the best thing to start new ones and just ignore anything dated 2008 and just look at 2009?
Mel

One benefit from this tragedy is the way all of the various images are being compiled and presented in concise, organized collections.

They are much easier to find and view.

Big thanks to all who are working on this!

GR

Hi,
It's good to know that other people are at work and it is an opportunity to tidy up. It's nice to be back but I'm sure there is one thing on other folk's minds as well as ours. If another "tragedy" happens, whether caused by technical or other, would the work that we are doing now be backed up on some hard drive?
Mel & Julie

another victim of the internet czar, i guess. i can't believe how regulated the internet has become this year. we need to vote these idiots out of office.

been checking members on my regular visits just to see who they are, from what country and it looks like take 1st place for being the senior citizen. Do I get and fond kiss from an administer
I think Hans (Admihoek) is 84 years young and Helmut possibly around that age. This Forum keeps them fit and active.

I think Hans (Admihoek) is 84 years young and Helmut possibly around that age. This Forum keeps them fit and active.
I tried,Melissa, been alone for since Feb.2010 when my wife of 46 years died and still looking for a girlfriend 8 years later. She was the only female I had been with all my life and her also, rare these days. Talk to you later, thank you for your message, bye for now

With Apostate making up the Three Wise Men of CruxForums, though I'm not sure which is the most venerable -
but your message is touching, I'm sure you'll find friendship and good company here James :)

With Apostate making up the Three Wise Men of CruxForums, though I'm not sure which is the most venerable -
but your message is touching, I'm sure you'll find friendship and good company here James :)
thank you also, I do spend a lot of time on this site which helps pass the time, imagine I should not be posting this type of story, sorry

imagine I should not be posting this type of story, so
Whyever not James? It's good to know what brings people here, and it's a place where we can share our sorrows as well as our pleasures.

Back
Top Bottom