Our Fascination with the Romans, why?

Go to CruxDreams.com
The Arab conquerors of the Middle East practiced crucifixion at least into the 700s (although they tended to torture their victims to death on the cross, not to use it by itself as a form of execution).
Have not read all the thread yet, but could someone please elaborate on the "torture on the cross" part here? Because it sort of made me jump a bit. :bdsm-heart:

Have not read all the thread yet, but could someone please elaborate on the "torture on the cross" part here? Because it sort of made me jump a bit. :bdsm-heart:

In the particular case that I was referencing torture could be anything. So for example a victim tied to a cross could be skinned or tormented with fire or cut to pieces (example hands of a thief cut off an left to bleed to death).

It appears from historical records that nailing someone to a cross was very much a western thing (I can't find any references to it being done in Asia for example) and that went out with the dominance of Christianity in the Roman Empire. There is documentation that criminals were crucified in China as late as the Warlord Period before the coming of the Nationalists.

When you see references today of crucifixion in Iran it is strictly the body being displayed AFTER execution.

kisses

willowfall

Back
Top Bottom