Passings...

Go to CruxDreams.com
A friend who's an authority on such matters tells me he was the all-time best Batman :D
By all accounts Adam West was a seriously nice man
Cat Woman seemed to think so. :rolleyes::D
12_Catwoman-and-Batman.jpg

Adam West (1928 - 2017). Played Batman in the 1966-1968 TV series.
And, more recently, Mayor Adam West on Family Guy.
A friend who's an authority on such matters tells me he was the all-time best Batman :D
I don't know if I would say he was the best. His Batman was different from the later Dark Knight interpretation so it's hard to judge. I think I would rank him behind Keaton and Bale but ahead of Afleck, Kilmer and Clooney.
Some reports today incorrectly identified him as the first Batman. That honor actually goes to Lewis Wilson who played the role in a 1943 serial. Robert Lowery played the part in a 1949 serial, so West was the third Batman.
Cat Woman seemed to think so. :rolleyes::D
12_Catwoman-and-Batman.jpg
When he was asked about working with Newmar, he said: "I didn't want to talk about Julie, because I get curious stirrings in my utility belt."
I know what he meant.:cool:

Bit personal, but I want to share. My grand father on my moms side passed away. I wasn't particularly close to him, as he always seemed like a grumpy curmudgeon but after he retired from selling insurance or something he became a painter, and for my 5th birthday he gave me this
IMG_0880.JPG
This was his creation, and it hung it my room for about a year before my parents thought it was giving me nightmares and took it away. I reclaimed it a few years ago. Also, that coffee cup is one of his paintings too.
Truth is, I'm not all that sad. Wish I had known him better. Going to his memorial service in a few weeks.

Bit personal, but I want to share. My grand father on my moms side passed away. I wasn't particularly close to him, as he always seemed like a grumpy curmudgeon but after he retired from selling insurance or something he became a painter, and for my 5th birthday he gave me this
View attachment 505683
This was his creation, and it hung it my room for about a year before my parents thought it was giving me nightmares and took it away. I reclaimed it a few years ago. Also, that coffee cup is one of his paintings too.
Truth is, I'm not all that sad. Wish I had known him better. Going to his memorial service in a few weeks.
Perhaps you can hear some stories at the memorial. I know that now my parents are older, they are "leaking" all sorts of information about people that they would never have told me as a kid. It is a good painting, especially for a 5 year old (or even someone older), and your cat clearly appreciates it. :D

Perhaps you can hear some stories at the memorial. I know that now my parents are older, they are "leaking" all sorts of information about people that they would never have told me as a kid. It is a good painting, especially for a 5 year old (or even someone older), and your cat clearly appreciates it. :D
I would hope for that. Seemed like whenever I visited he was either watching tv or in his studio painting.

View attachment 505683
I think it's a very personal and loveful gift from a grandpa. Maybe you should let make a frameborder for the painting and find a place in your home for that.
You message remind me on my own (three) gandpa's. I knowing only two. The father from my father missed in WW II in Kaukasus. Sadly story for my father and his poor mother.

It seems in his later carreer he never got rid of the association with the Batman role.

I think the people who play super heroes tend to get stuck. While it doesn't hold true to all of them, many are stereotyped and can't get past it. James Bond's Roger Moore fell into a similar mold. He passed just recently as well.

Back
Top Bottom