Passings...

Go to CruxDreams.com
Last edited:
We don't have term limits either. Hard to say. I think only the USA and Russia have term limits, and Xyulo - wanted by criminal international court in The Hague has found a way around the Russian ones.:confused:
Yes I was mostly setting that against the American example ... Helmut Kohl while in office dealt with three different US presidents; Anglea Merkel, who's likely to become another four-term chancellor, may even make it to four --for people of roughly my age, it was just the endlessness of those 16 years of Kohl's chancellorship ...

Of UK PMs, only Walpole (the first PM) served longer than 16 years -actually 20.
Margaret Thatcher (11 yrs) and Tony Blair (10) are the longest continuous terms as PM
in the past 200 years. Most have only managed around half that, and not necessarily in single terms.

Only two of our PMs ever got into double figures. Menzies, who had two goes at it (2 and then another 16 years) and Howard. Howard is a remarkable tale of political revival, he was treasurer in the early 80s, which is basically the number 2 job, lost power, and then returned as PM in the mid 90s.

A passing that was overlooked?

On June 30th, Simone Veil has died. (1927-2017).
Survivor of Auschwitz and Bergen-Belsen.

The first woman to become president of the European Parliament (1979-1982). Member of several French governments (Justice, Health) and member of the Constitutional Council of France.

A passing that was overlooked?

On June 30th, Simone Veil has died. (1927-2017).
Survivor of Auschwitz and Bergen-Belsen.

The first woman to become president of the European Parliament (1979-1982). Member of several French governments (Justice, Health) and member of the Constitutional Council of France.

And mostly the woman who was defending the abortion'law in front of the French parliament, only having 6 women into its constitution ( Thanks to President V.Giscard D'Estaing for having asked for her to do that !)...
She was supporting many attacks and insulties but she won !!!
A great woman that our new women'generation is too much forgetting !

Yes, she'll be and it will be "Justice" !

A pity that on the Pantheon'front the inscription is yet :
"Aux grands "hommes" la patrie reconnaissante !( "To great men grateful homeland") !
It could be now : "To great men and women ..."

Women will be only 5 there, with her !!!:(

Attachments

• facade-pantheon-paris.jpg
    facade-pantheon-paris.jpg
    300.6 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Mm, of course 'homme', like Latin 'homo', should just mean 'human'.
The Romans kept 'vir' for male humans, like its cognates in Irish and Scottish Gaelic, 'fear' and Welsh 'gwyr'.
Likewise 'man' in English, like 'Mann' in German, should mean just 'human'.
But we human females have to be the 'marked' gender.
(like - in English - dogs/bitches - but unlike ducks/drakes, sheep/tups etc. :confused:)

But we human females have to be the 'marked' gender.

Like in French : we're "Femmes" ! ... It could be necessary to specify : when some agitated old minded people were manifesting against "Le mariage pour tous" ( the wedding for everybody) , they were saying : Une Famille (family) , un Homme (man) , une Femme (woman) , des Enfants (children) ; So, why, when it's concerning a public gratefulness, it's not specified ???
And why women are they not so much numerous at the Pantheon ? The fact of to give the life is, by itself, suffiscient for me to receive this gratefulness !:)

And why women are they not so much numerous at the Pantheon ?
The answer, as I'm sure you know, is that to be buried there requires a resolution of the Assembly.
Enough said :rolleyes:

Marie Curie wasn't buried there until 1995. Two resistance fighters
(one of them just happened to be De Gaulle's niece) are also there now,
and Sylvie Berthelot with her husband Maurice.

Back
Top Bottom