Passings...

Go to CruxDreams.com
John Hillerman, an actor with stage, film and TV credits going back to the early 1960s, but best known for playing Higgins on Magnum, P.I. from 1980 - 80, died yesterday (Nov 9) at the age of 84.
Although he was born and raised in Texas, Hillerman played the proper English gentleman so convincingly on Magnum that a British peer referred to him in a fan letter as "a credit to the Empire."
It was a sad day to see him pass... He played the perfect foil to Sellect's 'Magnum'...

A Texan that played an Englishman and a rube that could not fit in the Ferrari 408 even with seat removed!!!

See my post of 24 October
That's two brothers in less than a month. Malcolm had been in a bad state for some time.

Another death, unfortunately. George Young, founding member of the Easybeats and older brother of Malcolm and Angus (AC/DC) - songwriter, producer, pioneer of Australian popular music

https://www.theguardian.com/austral...writer-and-member-of-the-easybeats-dies-at-70

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/art...0/news-story/236ed96bc9426a967977268b3180b538

This is a super bummer. I used to be the AC/DC kid in my school. Dirty deeds done dirt cheap was one of my very first cds I owned. And I know that Angus gets most of the credit, but rhythm guitar is so much more important than people give credit for. I missed my chance to see them a few years ago at dodger stadium, due to being broke, but I think I wanna play squealer and night prowler right now.

This is a super bummer. I used to be the AC/DC kid in my school. Dirty deeds done dirt cheap was one of my very first cds I owned. And I know that Angus gets most of the credit, but rhythm guitar is so much more important than people give credit for. I missed my chance to see them a few years ago at dodger stadium, due to being broke, but I think I wanna play squealer and night prowler right now.

I still think of those early days as the classic AC/DC years.
I'm of a generation that used to sing

"It's a long way to the shop
if you want a sausage roll"

https://www.google.com.au/search?ei...-ab..10.4.989...35i39k1j0i131k1.0.V2aoD6uE9no

Christine Keeler, the showgirl who was at the heart (and certain other organs :devil:) of the 1963 Profumo scandal, died on 4 December. She was 75.
View attachment 548471
Just sittin' on a chair.

I was a teenager at the time and remember thinking "What's all the fuss about?" She was a girl doing what comes naturally, he was a sleazy politician trying to lie his way out of a stupid situation (still a familiar scene). If he was going to blab to a lover about state secrets, he should never be given any secrets in the first place. She was marked by the incident her entire life.

If only the world concentrated on how politicians run the country, and less about their private business, we might get somewhere. About as likely as bringing back crucifixion.......

I Could never understand why Profumo strayed , he was married to a beautiful actress
called Valerie Hobson. the first time i ever saw her was in a movie with Conrad Veitd
called Contraband, they were bound back to back in chairs with their arms above their
heads and she looked stunning. and i remember just watching that scene and thinking
God, i wish that was me. i think those thoughts and the way i felt were the first signs
that i was into bondage,and since then i have been put in bondage many times and the
thrills that run through my body are truly amazing. Before any remarks on my age appear
i saw that movie on television, cinema`s had disappeared when i arrived in the world.

Last edited:
I was a teenager at the time and remember thinking "What's all the fuss about?" She was a girl doing what comes naturally, he was a sleazy politician trying to lie his way out of a stupid situation (still a familiar scene). If he was going to blab to a lover about state secrets, he should never be given any secrets in the first place. She was marked by the incident her entire life.

If only the world concentrated on how politicians run the country, and less about their private business, we might get somewhere. About as likely as bringing back crucifixion.......
I remember that scandal as well. Hit the papers even in New Zealand! The English cartoonist Giles did some superb cartoons on that affair!

Johnny Halliday too is died ... But I say : "Bon débarras !" :D I called it " le gueulard national!:devil:" (national loudmouthed!) ...
He was well liked by "many?" french people but unknown in the world !
Anyway, some people would wish making for him "national funeral":eek: !!! Of who are they joking ????
Why not to put him to the Pantheon'monument ?:p
Where is coming this world ???

Attachments

• Johnny-Hallyday.jpg
    Johnny-Hallyday.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 40
King Michael of Romania, the very last of WWII leaders (true for the Axis or the Allies -- he played first for one team, then for the other), died today. He was 96.
Hearing mention of him when I was young(er!), 'Michael' didn't seem the right sort of name for a king -
dunno why, he's a pretty potent archangel, but have there been any other Kings Michael - in Romania or anywhere else?
But he seemed less strangely named than Princess Michael of Kent - who I think is still around?

Just sittin' on a chair.
Well you must admit she did wonders for that otherwise rather cheap and nasty chair! :p

the first time i ever saw her was in a movie with Conrad Veitd
called Contraband, they were bound back to back in chairs with their arms above their
heads and she looked stunning.
Yes, she looked good on a chair too! :devil:

valerie hobson.jpg

He was well liked by "many?" french people but unknown in the world !
I think he was reasonably well-known over in Britain, though just a name to me.

Hearing mention of him when I was young(er!), 'Michael' didn't seem the right sort of name for a king -
dunno why, he's a pretty potent archangel, but have there been any other Kings Michael - in Romania or anywhere else?
But he seemed less strangely named than Princess Michael of Kent - who I think is still around?

Well you must admit she did wonders for that otherwise rather cheap and nasty chair! :p

Yes, she looked good on a chair too! :devil:

View attachment 548574

I think he was reasonably well-known over in Britain, though just a name to me.

Yes that`s the still but has it been doctored i don`t think that`s Conrad Veitd

Back
Top Bottom