Passings...

Go to CruxDreams.com
Dolores O'Riordan - Cranbarries * 6. September 1971 in Limerick; † 15. Januar 2018 in London
http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...inger-frontwoman-cause-of-death-a8160581.html

So sad, she had such a distinctive voice, and defined an era for me in many ways.

And this one even had crux references

That is very sad - she had a beautiful voice and I love her recordings.
I will have to seek out one of her albums to play now.
Godspeed Dolores. :(

I'll have to seek out more than one! Time for a binge.

:(

I've listened to a few tracks and now I feel quite melancholy

Last edited:
The French chef Paul Bocuse (1926-2018) has died. He was one of the most influential and innovating chefs of the 20th century. Bocuse is best known for promoting so called 'nouvelle cuisine', which was a revolution in gastronomy, compared to traditional French cuisine.

Sadly, the song writer and flute player for the "Moody Blues" has passed away. Ray Thomas, age 76. He was a founding member of the Moody Blues.
You Tube has a long list of Moody Blues songs, as well as several tributes.
His most famous flute solo is the haunting solo in "Nights in White Satin".
On my profile at FetLife, I have several links to several songs: "In Your Wildest Dreams" and "I Know You're Out There Somewhere". My name at FetLife is "ClimaxHer".
He died in his home in Surrey.
Well done Ray Thomas. Very well done. Your music will remain forever.
Thanks for the great musical memories.

I will try to post a link to YouTube, with "Nights in White Satin" and his haunting flute solo. Unforgettable.

Sadly, the song writer and flute player for the "Moody Blues" has passed away. Ray Thomas, age 76. He was a founding member of the Moody Blues.
You Tube has a long list of Moody Blues songs, as well as several tributes.
His most famous flute solo is the haunting solo in "Nights in White Satin".
On my profile at FetLife, I have several links to several songs: "In Your Wildest Dreams" and "I Know You're Out There Somewhere". My name at FetLife is "ClimaxHer".
He died in his home in Surrey.
Well done Ray Thomas. Very well done. Your music will remain forever.
Thanks for the great musical memories.

Wow! I love these guys. The last time I saw them in concert, back around 2011 I think, they had a girl playing flute for them. And looking at the Wikipedia article on him, I see that he had been in poor health and was no longer performing with the band by then.

View attachment 556450 Hum, but I prefer traditional French cuisine ....:hambre:
nouvelle: nouvelle cuisine.jpg :hmmm:

traditionelle: traditionelle.jpg :hambre::hambre::hambre::hambre::hambre:

www.thelocal.fr/20180120/pope-of-french-cuisine-paul-bocuse-dies-at-age-91

A certain type of French epicurean -- a lover of fine wine, food and women.
He slept in the same room where he was born,
and managed to maintain a relationship with his wife Raymonde and at least two lovers.
"I love women and we live too long these days to spend one's entire life with just one" :fuck:

... and have you seen his restaurant (auberge du Pont de Collonges / Auvergne ) !
Pas beau !!! (not beautiful !!!) I'm not attracted to eat into such a building ... :confused:
Bocuse_image-gauche.jpg:boaa:

More, if you want to have a meal here, you do pay around 200€ ( = 235$ ) !!! Who can ?

No, :clapping::clapping::clapping:for the traditional French cuisine ! :headbang:

Attachments

• boeuf-bourguignon-2190045_2041.jpg
    boeuf-bourguignon-2190045_2041.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 16
  • cassoulet.jpg
    cassoulet.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 13
  • coq-au-vin.jpg
    coq-au-vin.jpg
    279.4 KB · Views: 13
  • traditional-french-roast-chicken-23747_l.jpeg
    traditional-french-roast-chicken-23747_l.jpeg
    77.8 KB · Views: 19
... and have you seen his restaurant (auberge du Pont de Collonges / Auvergne ) !
Pas beau !!! (not beautiful !!!) I'm not attracted to eat into such a building ... :confused:
View attachment 556544:boaa:

More, if you want to have a meal here, you do pay around 200€ ( = 235$ ) !!! Who can ?

No, :clapping::clapping::clapping:for the traditional French cuisine ! :headbang:
OMG, that to see made me hungry!

Naomi Parker Fraley, the real Rosie the Riveter died Saturday at the age of 96 https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/22/...ey-the-real-rosie-the-riveter-dies-at-96.html. It took until 2016 for a determined historian, James Kimble, of Seton Hall University in New Jersey, to determine that Ms Fraley, shown here on the right in 2016 with her younger sister23fraley1-master768.jpg was the model for the iconic poster We-Can-Do-It-Rosie-the-Riveter-Wallpaper-2-AB.jpeg celebrating the women who worked building the armaments that helped win World War II while the men were off fighting and is now taken as a symbol for the women's movement worldwide.

Back
Top Bottom