Passings...

Go to CruxDreams.com
And Henry Ford was an anti-Semite
View attachment 722567
And a Nazi Sympathizer
In a letter written in 1924, Heinrich Himmler described Ford as "one of our most valuable, important, and witty fighters". Ford is the only American mentioned favorably in Mein Kampf, although he is only mentioned twice.

He also treated Edsel like shit.

I was feigning ignorance. My family's first new car after the War (that meant WWII when I was growing up!) was a Mercury. Though later we became an Oldsmobile family (another extinct brand) following the strange custom of being committed to a particular car make.

My family was traditionally a Holden family (the Australian division of GM), Dad would have been horrified if any of us had bought a Ford. I could see the writing on the wall for Holden when I looked around a few years ago and noticed that 3 of us were driving Hyundais. Footnote, Holden no longer makes cars in Australia, just sells rebadged cars from elsewhere, and GM have sold their European divisions too. Hmm.

So two years ago My Lady and I bought a Chevy Cruze, one of the last sedans available from a domestic carmaker. My aversion and contempt for FUVs overcame my brand loyalty to Dearborn.

Chevy, another GM brand. In Australia it's a Holden Cruze, but it's basically another Korean car.

And Henry Ford was an anti-Semite

He lost me at "History is bunk"

July 4 marks not only the signing of the Declaration of American Independence, and the surrender of Vicksburg Miss. (the beginning of the end of the Southern Confederacy), but also the passing of three great men who served the United States in many ways, including as President.

Thomas Jefferson and John Adams died in July 4, 1826, the 50th anniversary of the signing with which that had so much to do. And one of the last founders, James Monroe (Monroe Doctrine - keep your bloody hands off the New World!) died five years later in 1931.

July 4 marks not only the signing of the Declaration of American Independence, and the surrender of Vicksburg Miss. (the beginning of the end of the Southern Confederacy), but also the passing of three great men who served the United States in many ways, including as President.

Thomas Jefferson and John Adams died in July 4, 1826, the 50th anniversary of the signing with which that had so much to do. And one of the last founders, James Monroe (Monroe Doctrine - keep your bloody hands off the New World!) died five years later in 1931.
1931!
I didn't realize Monroe had such longevity.:p

Sad day in music. Johnny Clegg, lead man for Juluka and Savuka, died on July 16 at age 66.

I saw him in London around 1990, I was working (briefly) in the music industry and a colleague was South African, got free tickets and took me along.
There were a lot of freebies in that industry, but at the same time working in it was rather disillusioning.

First, let me say that there is something very surreal about clicking on the video link and having to sit through an ad before watching an ad.:cool:
Second, don't make fun girl. If the jingles he wrote in the UK are anything like the ones that air on US TV, they are probably better know and remembered than a lot of top ten hits.
I quite agree. I was looking for the Mars one, they played that on BBC, it was (even) better than the Shake & Vac.

Here it is:

Back
Top Bottom