Passings...

Go to CruxDreams.com
Dutch singer Liesbeth List (1941-2020).
Born in the Dutch Indies, present Indonesia, she passed her early childhood in a Japanese internement camp. After the war, her mother commited suicide and she grew up in an orphanage.

In the 1960's, she became one of The Netherlands most famous singers. Her success lasted until the seventies.

In 1968, she sang in a duet with singer Ramses Shaffy (1933-2009) for some time. Together, they made what is righly considered as one of the most beautiful songs in Dutch ever : Pastorale. A psychedelic talk between the sun (Ramses) and Earth (Liesbeth), personified as a child on a beach.

Oh, how old I feel when I hear of the death of singers from my childhood, which are still young in my memory. I really remember her because Liesbeth List was also a real star in Germany around 1969-1973 because less Germans did speak English or French in those times than today and many hits from other countries were translated into German versions and sung by really good singers with great voices who spoke almost perfect German. My mother liked to hear Liesbeth List very much with these two songs in German:

I was a bit day-dreaming and remembered some almost forgotten stars of my childhood, one of them a French actor & singer who died last year on 2nd Nov. 2019.

Maybe, no one here remembers her name because she seemed not to have been mentioned in this thread in last November but she sang one of the best nostalgic French chansons of the 70s.

This chanson from 1977 was once used by my French teacher to show us how nice and sad French chansons can be and that is why I think, she should also be remembered here. She said about herself, she does not really have a good voice but an interesting "timbre" and many boys during my schooltime said she had the most unsual eyes of a French lady at that time.

She was Marie Laforêt ...

... and her most nostalgic song for me was:

The lyrics of her "Il a neigé sur Yesterday" in the English translation:

It has snowed on Yesterday
The evening they left
The fog over the sea fell asleep
And Yellow Submarine was engulfed
And Jude lives alone, in a cottage in Chelsea
John and Paul, I believe were the only ones
To whom she wrote
Old Sergeant Peppers lost his medals at
The latest refrain from Hello Good Bye
Hello Good Bye
The evening they left us
Penny Lane today has two children
But it rains on the Isle of Wight in spring
Eleonor Rigby, your four musicians
Come separately to see you
When they go to Dublin
They will tell you about Michèle
The beautiful of tender years
Of these words that go so well together
So good together
The evening they left
Penny Lane is already far away now
But she will never have white hair
It snowed on Yesterday
That year, even in summer
Picking these flowers
Lady madonna trembled
But it was not cold
It snowed on Yesterday
Picking these flowers
Lady madonna trembled
But it was not cold
Picking these flowers
Lady madonna trembled ...

There were also big reports about Uderzo and his Asterix in German media, even in the most-seen German TV news "Tagesschau":

All we German schoolkids loved the Asterix comics (although some of us recognized ourselves as "the Goths" in one of the comics,
but this only one for us was "fiction", every Asterix comic else was regarded by us as "science of history & historiography"! :wink: )

Topical tribute

Attachments

• Uderzod7b1c529-13d8-4728-ac43-35ffc4bbfaae_ORIGINAL.jpg
    Uderzod7b1c529-13d8-4728-ac43-35ffc4bbfaae_ORIGINAL.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 31
Today marks the 33rd anniversary of the death of Patrick Troughton, the character actor,famous,as the second Doctor Who...incidentally his birthday was barely a week before,and this year,(2020),marked his would-be Centenary.
R.I.P. Pat Troughton.
d4h92d3-b081c4e7-5d8b-4beb-8e56-68d35617db32.jpgFB_IMG_1495815361876.jpg20180428_063908.jpgFB_IMG_1506635740231.jpgIMG_29482430648173.jpegFB_IMG_1521208275950.jpged23c9c6d38d2e7b24be98092ab912e5.jpgIMG_17142124258999.jpeg20200328_135750.jpg

Last edited:
Today marks the 33rd anniversary of the death of Patrick Troughton, the character actor,famous,as the second Doctor Who...incidentally his birthday was barely a week before,and this year,(2020),marked his would-be Centenary.
R.I.P. Pat Troughton.
View attachment 841480View attachment 841481View attachment 841482View attachment 841483View attachment 841484View attachment 841485View attachment 841486View attachment 841487
A timely reminder of those far-off days when Doctor Who was still good escapist entertainment not the radical far-left extremist propaganda that the BBC is intent on ramming down peoples' throats today

Oh, how old I feel when I hear of the death of singers from my childhood, which are still young in my memory. I really remember her because Liesbeth List was also a real star in Germany around 1969-1973 because less Germans did speak English or French in those times than today and many hits from other countries were translated into German versions and sung by really good singers with great voices who spoke almost perfect German. My mother liked to hear Liesbeth List very much with these two songs in German:

Love her voice, shame about the dress!
(The follow-on is Marlene D. singing Bitte geh nicht Fort -
Liesbeth List does a very good cover , not trying to imitate,
but singing with the same passion)

Last edited:
R.I.P. Pat Troughton.
View attachment 841480View attachment 841481View attachment 841482View attachment 841483View attachment 841484View attachment 841485View attachment 841486View attachment 841487View attachment 841489
His son David appeared in the serial "The War Games." Decades later, David Troughton played Arthur Wellesley, Duke of Wellington, in Sharpe.

Today is the fourth anniversary of the death of Amber Rayne.

Amber Rayne was one of the best human beings on this planet. In an era where a lot of industry has-beens and ne'er do-wells set up websites to attack people in the industry by putting out all kinds of dirt about them, no one ever had any mean thing to say about Amber Rayne. It was universally agreed, during her lifetime, that not only was Amber Rayne one of the most professional people in the industry, but Amber Rayne was also one the sweetest and kindest people in the industry.

Even with all that is going on today, April 2, 2020, I feel a pain in my heart because, four years ago today, the world lost Amber Rayne.

The only upside to this is that at least Amber is not around to see the devastation wrought by COVID-19.

If I might suggest, this is a thread to celebrate the lives of those who have recently departed, not to argue politics or whether a TV show is better or worse now than in the past. There are places for that and this shouldn't be one of them.

A recent COVID-19 death, New Orleans jazz legend Ellis Marsalis died at 85. Aside from his own work, he was the father of trumpeter Wynton Marsalis and saxophonist Branford Marsalis, both great musicians in their own right.

If I might suggest, this is a thread to celebrate the lives of those who have recently departed, not to argue politics or whether a TV show is better or worse now than in the past. There are places for that and this shouldn't be one of them.

A recent COVID-19 death, New Orleans jazz legend Ellis Marsalis died at 85. Aside from his own work, he was the father of trumpeter Wynton Marsalis and saxophonist Branford Marsalis, both great musicians in their own right.
Agreed! Apologies. Wynton Marsalis’ performance of the Haydn Trumpet Concerto was on of my very first CD’s back in the 1980’s. I don’t know his father’s work, thank you for the info.

I was just looking through some few news of the last 24 hours in Germany, Great Britain and the USA and found more and more passings and I am afraid, this year will make this thread one of the longest in these forums, unfortunately.
:(

Last edited:
Honor Blackman 22nd August 1925 - 6th April 2020

The original Pussy Galore and always the best

OMFG I didn't realise she was 94! :eek:

79d44fb4764d0f40d87796547e6ff7bb.jpg6086-1532336916.jpg8042ae08504175c421155ffafa8d511d.jpg218267__08659.1342531242.380.500.jpga624bbfa496b58c5f9f3b5c1a09266a6.jpegHonor-Blackman-827x1024.jpgimages.jpegNINTCHDBPICT000392657370-e1586187770506.jpgtumblr_onzuptRmxE1r1r7rjo1_1280.jpgunnamed.jpg

Another icon gone,I remember lusting over Honor when I was a teenager,although she was ten years older than I am. She also was a motor cycle despatch rider at the very end of the war.

Back
Top Bottom