Passings...

Go to CruxDreams.com
Earlier today I told a friend born in the early 1960’s that Eddie Haskell had passed away. Her response was an understandable "Who?"

Turns out you have to be of the older cohort of American baby boomers to remember Ken Osmond

and his Eddie Haskell character, who set one's teeth on edge, and was gifted with an incredibly punchable face.

In a funny way. Really.

Honest. :rolleyes:

There is also this about Mr. Osmond. I guess it allowed him to get back into acting.
As an officer on motorcycle patrol, he grew a mustache to disguise himself. In 1980, he was shot three times in a chase with a suspected car thief but escaped serious injury: One bullet was stopped by his belt buckle, the others by his bulletproof vest. He was put on disability and retired from the force in 1988.

There is also this about Mr. Osmond. I guess it allowed him to get back into acting.
As an officer on motorcycle patrol, he grew a mustache to disguise himself. In 1980, he was shot three times in a chase with a suspected car thief but escaped serious injury: One bullet was stopped by his belt buckle, the others by his bulletproof vest. He was put on disability and retired from the force in 1988.

Yikes. Ouch.

'Hitler's alligator' has died.

Alligator Saturnus has died in the zoo of Moscow today, 84 years old.

Born in the US in 1936, it was shipped to the Berlin zoo.

During a bomb raid on Berlin on the 23rd november 1943, Saturnus escaped from the zoo, and was not seen for 3 years, until a British soldier found it.

Since 1946, Saturnus was in the zoo of Moscow, where the myth was born that he had been 'Hitler's alligator'.

During a bomb raid on Berlin on the 23rd november 1943, Saturnus escaped from the zoo, and was not seen for 3 years, until a British soldier found it.

Since 1946, Saturnus was in the zoo of Moscow, where the myth was born that he had been 'Hitler's alligator'.

As they parted, they exchanged a fond farewell -
"See you later alligator!"
"In a while - Sieg Heil!"

He was lucky no one found out what he was doing those missing 3 years.
ss_alligator_by_admyrrek_drrvnd-pre.jpg

Earlier today I told a friend born in the early 1960’s that Eddie Haskell had passed away. Her response was an understandable "Who?"

Turns out you have to be of the older cohort of American baby boomers to remember Ken Osmond

and his Eddie Haskell character, who set one's teeth on edge, and was gifted with an incredibly punchable face.

In a funny way. Really.

Honest. :rolleyes:
Sad to tell, Eddie was my role model for a little while until a friend pointed out that he was supposed to be unlikable.

According to various international collectors of statistics, today was the day of more officially counted cases of death because of the coronavirus worldwide in a shorter time than of any other disease during my lifetime of 57 years and this is a bit frightening for me because this disease "travelled" around the world in a shorter time than any other I have ever heard of. The plague around 1346 - 1350 needed three years to reach every European country - but we today, in our modern time made it possible for the coronavirus to go all around the globe in less than three months.

This makes me really sad although I really cannot complain about anything concerning myself compared to most people around the world - but every day in the last months when I bring a present or anything else for my mother to her old people's home, I am in fear of possibly having bought something for her or touched something with this virus on it and this fear is so irreal and unbearable for me like that I hope every day this feeling would soon disappear. It is really like being part in in a very dark dystopian science fiction movie about a possible danger you can not get rid of and you can never exclude. Every day, I hope this fear would go away soon.

In any case, during the last two days, there were newspaper articles around the world concerning the many deaths up to now and that they all were not numbers in a statistic, they were human beings like you or me. Today is also the day of more than 100 000 cases of death in the USA and so, it is also a day worth remembering all the dead around the world who were not really stars but nice and friendly persons who were killed by a coincidental encounter with this deadly virus.

My deepest condolences to all the surviving dependents in memory of all the victims of this virus.

Ashampoo_Snap_2020.05.26_19h24m33s_001_.jpg

In similar thoughts, many newspapers and TV stations in Europe took Sunday's frontpage of the New York Times as an example during the last two days to express their condolences, too, and they should also be mentioned:

The Bulgaria born American artist Christo (1935-2020), most famous for wrapping entire buildings, such as the Pont-Neuf in Paris (1985) and the Berlin Reichstag building (1995).

My Lady and I were underwhelmed by The Gates in Central Park, but still, it was visible from space. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• 958884D1-9E3C-4F44-B38B-FAE9957652AB.jpeg
    958884D1-9E3C-4F44-B38B-FAE9957652AB.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 23
Steve Priest, bass guitarist of The Sweet, 1948-2020. A little obscure, I grant, but if you are of a certain age and British you will have seen them numerous times on Top of the Pops. A nice piece here brings out his and the band's legacy

And I could have linked to one of their many well-known hits from the early '70s, but I think this song highlights his playing (as well as demonstrates that they were far more than just another glam-rock outfit)

And I could have linked to one of their many well-known hits from the early '70s, but I think this song highlights his playing (as well as demonstrates that they were far more than just another glam-rock outfit)
Good old times. There was much more quality in the music of such glam rock bands like Slade and The Sweet, than it was perceived then.

Now, only Andy Scott survives.

Back
Top Bottom