Pictures Of Dead Crucified Bodies

Go to CruxDreams.com
Urination and defecation are obviously going to take place over a space of two or three days on the cross. I avoided defecation in The Serpent's Eye by having Sabina imprisoned for a couple of days on a liquid diet before her crucifixion. Here's where it was mentioned:

As I brushed past him, he said, “What’s in that basket? No more food for her, just water and broth. Don’t want her shitting and making a stinking mess when we hammer the nails in tomorrow.”​

And pissing from the cross is mentioned several times in that story:

“And pissing from the cross, girl, the last thing you want to do is anything else that’s uncomfortable, so never try to hold it. You’ll do it sooner or later, so make it easy on yourself and forget about the crowd. Just don’t make the mistake of pissing on a guard or executioner; they can and will make you pay for that.​

Another mention:

"Keep them well watered. A farting mule never gets tired, and a pissing slave won’t die soon. I want to come back tomorrow and find this slave girl going up and down as often as a whore’s skirts.”
Another mention:

I pulled her upper lip back, pressed my thumb against her gums and took it away, then counted heartbeats as I watched the pink color return, just like checking a sick mule. Three heartbeats was a little longer than I liked. The smell of her piss was strong, too. She was losing water faster than she was drinking it. If she didn’t get more she would weaken and die too quickly.​

Sabina, talking about having to piss after the guard had whipped her between her legs:

And then I had to pee, and my urine felt like scalding water where it dribbled out, bringing tears to my eyes.​

Sometimes, I have a girl who's about to be crucified ask if she can pee first. Sometimes she gets to, and sometimes she doesn't. Here's such a case from Damian's Roman Crucifictions:

When the soldiers gripped Antonia’s arms and began dragging her toward her cross, she moaned in terror but did not beg. Just as they were about to force her down on the ground, her terrified eyes fastened on Carinus and she appealed to him, sobbing, “Wait! P-please, sir, c-could you just let me pee first? P-please sir, I-I’ll be quick. It’s all I ask, I don’t want to, to lose control…”

The soldiers hesitated, but Carinus’ reply was quick and decisive. “No, you may not. And if you piss on any of us when the nails go in, I can promise you that we will make you regret that. You are about to die the worst of deaths as Roman law requires, but I can make it even worse than that.” Carinus hated anything that disrupted the continuity of his crucifixions, and he had heard all kinds of last-second pleas like this. Justice should be as harsh and unyielding as the timber of the cross.​

And here's one from Faithful Sayings where they let her pee first:

Jennifer is no match for the two men, and they quickly pull her hands loose, seize her by the arms and drag her toward the cross that waits for her. Defeated, she sobs in despair. She continues to beg, but now she only has one thing left that might delay her crucifixion, if only for a moment. “Please, please, in the name of God, let me pee! Please, before you put me on the cross!” she sobs.

Mohammed does not speak English, but he knows a few words and he understands what she means. He speaks to Adel and they stop dragging her for a moment. Mohammed points to the ground at Jennifer’s feet, looking her in the face, and says “dalee”. She knows a few words of Pashto. “Dalee” and “huree”, “here” and “there”, are two of them. Jennifer understands that he means for her to squat and urinate on the ground where she stands.

The two men continue to hold Jennifer’s arms as she spreads her feet and lowers herself to squat between them. Thousands of Afghanis in the stadium watch and laugh as her stream of urine splatters on the bare ground between her feet, growing into a small dark puddle that slowly soaks into the brown dust. Her humiliation at being forced to do this very private, basic thing like an animal in front of so many is crushing. Her own stench revolts her. She stares at a point on the ground between her knees to avoid meeting the eyes of the men watching her. She has no idea yet that the Al-Jazeera cameras, of which there are several in the stadium, are transmitting her shame to billions.

Jennifer purposely holds back to make these few seconds that her execution is delayed last as long as possible. Inevitably, her stream of urine slows to a trickle, and then as the last few golden drops are falling, Mohammed and Adel pull her to her feet.​

In a story I'm working on now, I used urination by the victim as part of the story - it got her into trouble. This is the way the story starts out:

It was when Verres the carnifex was kneeling beneath Arria’s cross driving the last of the big square nails through her feet that she lost control of her bladder. She didn’t realize it at the time, because her consciousness, her very being, was completely overwhelmed with the agony of being crucified.

But Verres did.

And it didn’t matter to him that she was writhing in excruciating pain when it happened, screaming helplessly, heart pounding and on the edge of slipping into a faint, and thus unaware of what she had done.

As surely as night followed day, she would pay for that.e the realism!
And I've written many times of urine splattering on the ground when the condemned pissed while crucified. It's a humiliating, public thing that's part of the torture of the cross.

Yes! Pissing done right! Adds to the realism!

I'm no expert on art, but isn't Jesus dead on the cross one of the most common images in Western art at least up until the Enlightenment? I could swear that I've seen dozens in churches and museums, not to mention books and web sites. Now Tree may argue he wasn't a victim but that decision is way above my pay grade.
That was in the days when art was ART. Now I can walk into a Soho gallery and see a cow turd glued to a shingle and offered for $5 000 "Art".......

I always stopped short of showing my crucifixion victims dead on the cross, other than maybe in the distant background. I did give it some thought, up to the point of wondering about the level of rigor lividity for a body hanging like that. I have had the unfortunate experience of seeing what that looks like for a body lying face down; there is a distinct line between the area where the blood has settled and the pale area above. In a crucifixion victim the legs would probably be a dark purple to brown color up to the knee or maybe mid-thigh or so, pale above.

Anyway, it didn't appeal to me so I didn't go any further with it.
I have seen my than my fair share of recently dead bodies. One thing they all shared in common-total limpness. On a cross the corpse would appear to fall forward restrained only by the binding. Wrists would no longer bleed. Legs would fill with blood well before death. Penis would be erect for some time after death-blood won't flow up.
Bowel contents would follow the path of least resistance. Nails through feet would still leak blood for a while. Hair would be sweat soaked. Head would be fallen forward and lolling.

I agree that my interest is in what comes before death, the living experience of crucifixion in all it's forms. That is where the interest is, the living moving body, the struggling subject, the fight for life and dignty.
There are a few post mortem pics around, let me have a quick look around my folders and see what I can find. Ok, a mix of real and fantasy, male and female.

This one is an anatomical study based on a flayed corpse, and a study of crucifixion using a corpse
View attachment 485669 View attachment 485681

This one looks fairly dead
View attachment 485671

This one by Drtikol could easily be seen as post mortem
View attachment 485673

Assisted in the moment of death
View attachment 485674 View attachment 485680

Taken from the cross
View attachment 485676

a couple more possibles (incl one for the Evanescence fans)
View attachment 485677 View attachment 485678

This is a real crucifixion photo - maybe a bit too real?
View attachment 485679
I've often wondered if the Japanese crucifixion was posed or real. Criminals were crucified naked. After sufficient humiliation and suffering they were killed by multiple thrusts with bamboo spears piercing everywhere except heart and head.

Very exciting, how the actual blood loss is painted. Most of times you can't see it as detailed as it is here. This can give you an idea of how violent the crucifiction was. Imagine, that a lot of people were facing this capital punishment, just for stealing an apple or something else to eat or drink. Probably a lot of crosses were raised!!!
Stealing an Apple MIGHT get you strangled. Under the Republic only aliens died on crosses. Armed robbers rebels pirates and such. The horror was leaving the corpse on view instead of being burnt or inhumed

I didn't know the nailed dead men would have erections. At least their widows could stand on a platform, bend over and have some tearful necro sex.
Gravity thou art a heartless bitch. Penis is a massive blood sponge. Pumped in through the arteries. Veins are smaller. B/P close to death is too low to pump it out. Post mortem blood doesn't flow UP. It stays put

I've often wondered if the Japanese crucifixion was posed or real. Criminals were crucified naked. After sufficient humiliation and suffering they were killed by multiple thrusts with bamboo spears piercing everywhere except heart and head.

When I look at that photo, that's not a "I'm just pretending" pose, it looks pretty real to me. As for criminals being crucified naked, maybe they were sometimes. Most of the images we have suggest some kind of clothing, even if only minimal. TI am not familiar enough with Japanese literature or primary sources to say what the written record tells us. The figure in the photo is lightly clad.
Interesting to note that the spread legs pose seems to have been for males, women are portrayed crucified with their legs together.

cr15.jpg cr8.JPG cross11.jpg 2603962576_1eb4cbf301_b.jpg Crucified_Torii_Suneemon.jpg cr9.JPG 3d8ce3add1577374e61bcb44709045f9.jpg

Back
Top Bottom