Pictures Of Dead Crucified Bodies

Go to CruxDreams.com
Yes, the Twenty-Six Martyrs. I think they were Franciscans, actually
(and their habits in that picture suit that order)
Yes, sorry. Franciscans, not Dominicans. Apparently, the Shogunate originally thought that the Catholics would help build better relations with Europe for trade purposes, but grew apprehensive after the Spaniards took control of the Philippines following the conversion of the population to Catholicism. Christianity was banned in Japan and converts who did not renounce their Catholicism were executed.

Taken from the cross
I've always taken the title of this Cypher pic (which is a favorite of mine) 'Forgiven Finally' to indicate that she's still alive... and the way the picture implies that she was held up with ropes as well as nails there might of course be a chance ...

if there's an afterlife, and a benevolent God, there could also be a 'final forgiveness' after death but that would usually be depicted differently...

Last edited:
From an actual historical event. The Jesuits and Dominicans were active in Japan around the times of the Shoguns. At one point, they were accused of trying to influence politics and many of them, and Japanese followers/converts were crucified.
Watched the movie "Silence" on a recent long flight.

For those who haven't seen the movie ...... two 17th-century Portuguese missionaries, Father Sebastian Rodrigues (Andrew Garfield) and Father Francisco Garupe (Adam Driver), embark on a journey to Japan to find their missing mentor (Liam Neeson). While there, the two men minister to the Christian villagers who worship in secret. If caught by feudal lords or ruling samurai, they must renounce their faith or face a prolonged and agonizing death.

Pp makes no comment on historical accuracy :rolleyes: .

Pp did doze occasionally but there was one typically Japanese "crucifixion" of three men on frames in a rising tide.

IMG_6678.JPG IMG_6680.JPG. Screen cuts from the YouTube clip below:

Last edited:
Lucas_Jordan_-_The_Descent_from_the_Cross_-_Google_Art_Project.jpg
A few from the Renaissance - when emphasis on the suffering humanity of Christ was a strong motive for realism
(the first two are Grunewald, from the Isenheim Altarpiece - the crucifixion is of course the well-known centrepiece,
but the triptych also has these scenes of the descent from the Cross and Christ in the tomb) - others are Carracci,
El Greco, Holbein, Jordaans:

View attachment 485638 View attachment 485641 View attachment 485643 View attachment 485648 View attachment 485649 View attachment 485650

On the Forums we quite often see images of women's breasts swollen till they're purple,
and of course a lot of other bleeding, bruising etc. I think the majority of members,
including me, don't find such images erotic, and would feel the same about
realistic images of bodies at or after death. On the other hand, I must admit I find
quite a lot of crucified women here look a bit too healthy, rosy-cheeked -
I look for realism in facial expressions, bodily contortions,
and even in the first few minutes on the cross (perhaps the most erotic time
to portray us?) we'd already be looking very pale and showing visible signs of stress and shock.
The Descent from the Cross by Lucas Jordan (Luca Giordano). Museum of Santa Cruz. Toledo, Spain.

I'm really not interested in seeing bodies rotting on a cross but I have looked and found only one that could pass as a recently dead crux subject...
crux 131.png
...a Bobinder manip. The head hangs limp. What does the back do? Does the stomach relax? Your thoughts?

I'm really not interested in seeing bodies rotting on a cross but I have looked and found only one that could pass as a recently dead crux subject...
View attachment 521092
...a Bobinder manip. The head hangs limp. What does the back do? Does the stomach relax? Your thoughts?
The skin color ist to lively and warm. Dead bodys have a white to grey skin in the parties without blood. Upside whithe grey. Downside with blood darkred-violet, later black. A dead crucified body have so darker legs and feets, whithe-grey upper-body and coulder colors.

The skin color ist to lively and warm. Dead bodys have a white to grey skin in the parties without blood. Upside whithe grey. Downside with blood darkred-violet, later black. A dead crucified body have so darker legs and feets, whithe-grey upper-body and coulder colors.
Not if they have just died or maybe... I know too well of the hours later...

View attachment 521092
Dead 5 GS (-50 -20 0 -18 -30 0.80) jul16vn50pc.jpg

This is really good, but somehow she doesn't look as though she is completely relaxed, everything sagging down. And I'm not claiming that I can do better, only that I see there's something not quite there. Sometimes it's hard to identify the visual cues that convey that impression, but to me, her shoulders - or in Poser terminology, her collars - don't show enough upward rotation. I think you should be able to follow the line of action along her arms all the way along the length of her shoulders/collars to her spine with very little bend at the shoulder joint, at least with her arms outspread at that angle.

Also, I'm not sure her fingers look relaxed enough, but that's really hard to guess, too, because even if you relax your fingers, there's always some resistance from muscles and tendons keeping them from bending to their limit.

I don't have any dead crucifixion victims that I've done, but here's one fainted, which should be close as far as the pose of her upper body. And no, I don't think this one is very good either. I think I could do better now.

521280-cd4842adddec646dd866d8c90794eaa6.jpg

Attachments

• Sabina Nailing Scene 14-2_0001.jpg
    Sabina Nailing Scene 14-2_0001.jpg
    667.7 KB · Views: 1,622
I don't have any dead crucifixion victims that I've done, but here's one fainted, which should be close as far as the pose of her upper body. And no, I don't think this one is very good either. I think I could do better now.

It is what I am looking towards.

I think I could do better now.

Please feel free to try...:cool:

This is really good, but somehow she doesn't look as though she is completely relaxed, everything sagging down. And I'm not claiming that I can do better, only that I see there's something not quite there. Sometimes it's hard to identify the visual cues that convey that impression, but to me, her shoulders - or in Poser terminology, her collars - don't show enough upward rotation. I think you should be able to follow the line of action along her arms all the way along the length of her shoulders/collars to her spine with very little bend at the shoulder joint, at least with her arms outspread at that angle.

Also, I'm not sure her fingers look relaxed enough, but that's really hard to guess, too, because even if you relax your fingers, there's always some resistance from muscles and tendons keeping them from bending to their limit.

Thanks for your observations, Jedakk. It was an old experiment in Windows Paint but I may try reworking it now that I have Photoshop. There are several unfinished images for 'Via Appia' including this one. I hope to find time to complete them eventually.

Two "consummatun est" candidates.

The first two are by Jastrow, from "The Greek Girls." The charaters are not quite dead, but have fainted and are totally limp.

The second is an old Phlebas manip. Like the Girls, the lady is quite limp.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,212
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    217.5 KB · Views: 1,184
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    139.7 KB · Views: 1,159
Last edited:
Then there's the early Makar photo that woke me up to my crux kink. Irina was her name.

She's damn near iconic.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    30.8 KB · Views: 1,006
Back
Top Bottom