Pirates

Go to CruxDreams.com

admihoek

Administrator
Staff member
1720. Caribbean pirate John Rackham aka Calico Jack is captured by the Royal Navy. Active towards the end (1717–1720) of the "golden age of piracy" (1690–1730) Rackham is most remembered for two things: the design of his Jolly Roger flag, a skull with crossed swords (see picture), which contributed to the popularization of the design, and for having two female crew members (Mary Read and Rackham's lover Anne Bonny).
Pirate hunter Jonathan Barnet captured Rackham and his crew while they were at anchor (and drunk) at Pointe Negril in Jamaica. They were tried and convicted in Spanish Town, Jamaica in November 1720. Rackam was hanged in Port Royal on November 18, 1720. Rackam's body was then gibbeted on display on a very small islet at a main entrance to Port Royal now known as Rackham's Cay.

Attachments

• 1jolly_roger.jpg
    1jolly_roger.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 219
One trick that pirates sometimes amused themselves by (so I have read) was as follows:

Capture a ship.
Strip passengers naked (female as well as male) and crew likewise.
Blindfold them and bind their hands behind their backs.
Set lighted candles in stands of various heights on deck.
Stand around and encourage the dancers to perform at sword point.
Drink rum and roar with mirth.

Now we just need a good artist to sketch the scene.:)

arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!​
shiver mi timbers!​
ten days to International Talk Like a Pirate Day, mi hearties!​
a taste​

Top Ten Pickup lines for use on International Talk Like a Pirate Day

10 . Avast, me proud beauty! Wanna know why my Roger is so Jolly?
9. Have ya ever met a man with a real yardarm?
8. Come on up and see me urchins.
7. Yes, that is a hornpipe in my pocket and I am happy to see you.
6. I'd love to drop anchor in your lagoon.
5. Pardon me, but would ya mind if I fired me cannon through your porthole?
4. How'd you like to scrape the barnacles off of me rudder?
3. Ya know, darlin’, I’m 97 percent chum free.
2. Well blow me down?
And the number one pickup line for use on International Talk Like a Pirate Day is
1. Prepare to be boarded.

I don't know why I thought of this except for Eul's top 10 (do not try and 'connect the dots' as it is futile and will give you a headache) but in my younger days US Route 66 used to run from Chicago, Il. to Santa Monica, Ca. with a pass through Pacific, Mo only a few blocks from the "Great Pacific Coffee Company" where Eul's great grandmother toiled in the subbasement grinding coffee.

One of the largest, though now defunct, truck lines at the time was 'Campbell 66 Express' whose drivers would often stop at the coffee shop to pick up a load of beans and leave a tip for the coffee-grinding slave in the form of shooting their seed in her willing pussy.

This is why Eul's family tree gets a bit cloudy...

T

By the way, the truck line's logo was "Humping to Please"...

I don't know why I thought of this except for Eul's top 10 (do not try and 'connect the dots' as it is futile and will give you a headache) but in my younger days US Route 66 used to run from Chicago, Il. to Santa Monica, Ca. with a pass through Pacific, Mo only a few blocks from the "Great Pacific Coffee Company" where Eul's great grandmother toiled in the subbasement grinding coffee.

One of the largest, though now defunct, truck lines at the time was 'Campbell 66 Express' whose drivers would often stop at the coffee shop to pick up a load of beans and leave a tip for the coffee-grinding slave in the form of shooting their seed in her willing pussy.

This is why Eul's family tree gets a bit cloudy...

T

By the way, the truck line's logo was "Humping to Please"...
and don't forget Eul's great grandmother toiled in the subbasement grinding coffee whipped by your great grandfather

avast there mi hearties,​
we be sailing way adrift of Mistress Melissa's Pirates thread!​
:eek:
mistress Melissa's Great Grand grand- mere was the madame of the subbasement wielding the whip on the backs of the not complete trained slaves

arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!​
shiver mi timbers!​
ten days to International Talk Like a Pirate Day, mi hearties!​
a taste​

Top Ten Pickup lines for use on International Talk Like a Pirate Day

10 . Avast, me proud beauty! Wanna know why my Roger is so Jolly?
9. Have ya ever met a man with a real yardarm?
8. Come on up and see me urchins.
7. Yes, that is a hornpipe in my pocket and I am happy to see you.
6. I'd love to drop anchor in your lagoon.
5. Pardon me, but would ya mind if I fired me cannon through your porthole?
4. How'd you like to scrape the barnacles off of me rudder?
3. Ya know, darlin’, I’m 97 percent chum free.
2. Well blow me down?
And the number one pickup line for use on International Talk Like a Pirate Day is
1. Prepare to be boarded.

And of course "Even stokers need a little stoke"..from Les Mis.

Back
Top Bottom