Poll--Were you raised Catholic?

Go to CruxDreams.com
"Arabians learn Arabian with the speed of summer lightning. And the Hebrews learn it backwards which is absolutely frightening."
:duke:
I love that line. Actually I love the entire show. Prof. Higgins was a rather pompous ass but I liked Lisa and Pickering.
H....

Fire and brimstone protestant with plenty of sermons describing all manner of suffering in vivid detail. Was also subjected to "Passion Plays" around Easter with stage actors playing Jesus, being scourged and hung on a cross.

For the newer members Tree was raised catholic and was an unmolested alter boy...

Two favorite quotes...

Tree's older brother while rejecting an offer of a free Bible on the streets of Kansas City-
"no thank you, I'm Catholic; we don't use the Bible!"

And from Tree...
"I was a practicing Catholic but I turned pro and only show up for funerals, weddings, and an occasional Christmas and Easter..."

Tree

Good joke Connie:)
I too was raised a Catholic, but have since recovered quite nicely:devil:

Last edited:
here you can only be a Catholic or, in some areas, a Muslim

i no longer know what i exactly am tbh

don't worry, that's how America is always portrayed. everyone is either Catholic or Muslim. they forget that more than half the country are non-Catholic Christians.

I can't think of any other country apart from the Philippines where everyone is either Catholic or Muslim -
perhaps in the former French West African countries (Benin, Togo, Cote d'Ivoire etc.)?
But they still have substantial numers following indigenous religions.

Back
Top Bottom