Poll--Were you raised Catholic?

Go to CruxDreams.com
I went to Catholic school from first through sixth grades. I continued going to church until I was 18, when I said I wasn't going to go any more. I have attended Protestant church regularly since about 2006.
It was about second, maybe third grade. I was in the 'I HATE girls stage,' when I read that after Julius Caesar was kidnapped and ransomed, he went back and gave the kidnappers the worst death possible - crucifixion. So naturally, girls needed to be crucified, particularly ones I did not like, wearing their plaid skirts and knee highs, especially if they were smooth opaque. Even better were the ankle high white socks with fringe, especially lace! Adults with nylons were a tremendous preference. Nearly all were wearing their shoes when nailed. I have come to realize that I had a foot/shoe fetish since kindergarten, so combining the two was natural. My fantasies since have been mostly women wearing high heels and/or nylons for crucifixion, and since most modern women don't wear nylons, just heels or sandals, preferably with painted toe and fingernails. Bare feet are perfectly acceptable, if there is at least one nail. I still mostly fantasize about about beautiful models and/or any women with cute feet. If I don't like a woman, like a politician or celeb that pisses me off, I will mentally crucify them, even if they have ugly legs.

This (and previous sites) has been a Godsend to me, as I thought for most of my life this made me a weirdo.
Thanks!

Is the transition of Uranium atom (19.1 g/cm) to the lower density atom of Lead (11.3 g/cm) the result of the original Uranium atom shedding neutrons, please?
Is a vacuum environment necessary for both elements to fall at the same velocity?
For precisely the same velocity a vacuum would be required. However, a round shape of these dense metals would fall at almost exactly the same speed - air resistance is almost immaterial.

As far as density, it depends only a bit on the mass of the atom. The more important factors are the size of the atom (elctron orbits) and the packing of the atoms in a metal. Iron is only 55.845, lead is 207 and uranium 238. Yet iron's density is 7.87 g/cm3, lead 11.3 and uranium 19.1.

I was raised Lutheran (Father Presbyterian, Mother Lutheran) in a conventional Suburban church in the 50s and 60s. We have now crucifixes in the church, though a little artwork of it. One of the core principals was that we were not Catholic. A common winning of an argument over some practice was "The Catholics do that!" Discussion over; idea rejected!
My first and most powerful encounter with the sexual power of the crucifix was when I was in third grade, nine years old. I went to an Independent Country Day School. These were modeled on the English public schools with school uniforms, a vaguely Presbyterian/Episcopal/Methodist form of morning assembly, but no religious indoctrination.
At the beginning of Lent that year, my third-grade homeroom teacher posted a color print of the crucifixion on the wall, just a few feet from me and just to the side of my vision when I looked to the front of the room. Therefore, for six weeks, I was confronted by that scene every school day.
I had never seen anything like it! The horror of the torture, the nakedness of the three men (and yes, Jesus was a bit effeminate - that was a problem for a nine-year-old boy without a clear sexual orientation yet! And I had enough religion to believe having 'those' feeling about the Lord was wrong) I felt guilty looking at it and having strange feelings (I had no idea what they were), but it was RIGHT THERE! And, honestly, I kept being drawn back to it.
I am absolutely convinced that that experience helped trigger things that were already inside me to set me on the path to sadistic feelings toward women. However, I never developed any homoerotic feeling later in life. And crux is way down my list of interests here (though a sexy girl suffering on a cross is always a bit entertaining!) One probable legacy is that I am turned off (honestly repulsed) by the male crucifixion fantasies here. I don't judge them. I just find them very unpleasant to engage.

Bottom Line, not Catholic. yes impacted by the crucifixion scene as a boy. Hey @Apostate , it only took me 15 years to answer your poll! (Actually, I've only been on here less than two years.)

I was raised Catholic and remained so, with increasing doubts about my faith, till College. It's a complex issue, however, deciding if that upbringing was part of my journey into "perversity". On the one hand, there is no doubt that the images of the cross, some of them quite erotic, had an influence (but so did Men Adventure Magazine covers), plus all the stories about gruesome martyrdom. At some point I read a piece bu Louis Aragon where he states that Christianity (he was raised Catholic) has a penchant for cruelty (hence his theater of cruelty) and the exhibition of cruelty in an aesthetic way. Suffering will get you salvation, we are here to suffer not to enjoy and we have to imitate Christ and carry his cross. All that iconography of martyrs had an impact, particularly when I realized early on that the facial expressions of agony are identical to the facial expressions of pleasure at least in art.

Last edited:
was baptized in the Catholic religion. I remember my maternal grandmother was a very religious woman.
When I was seven years old, my parents joined the Jehovah's Witnesses movement (a sect).
Jehovah's Witnesses are a millenarian movement (believes in the coming of the Messiah), attached to the Christian movement. They present an interpretation of the Bible different from the major religions (Catholicism, Protestantism, Orthodoxy).
This sectarian movement imposes many prohibitions on its followers; no family celebrations, no birthdays, no religious holidays, no military service, no smoking, no alcohol, no associating with people outside the movement....
In other words, my childhood and adolescence were partly wasted. Around the age of 9 or 10, my parents were forced to circumcise me, even though I had no medical abnormalities. I still remember how painful the post-operative care was.
At the age of 17 I received my military papers to go and do my service like all young men of my age. For the sect, I would have had to refuse and choose to go to prison for 2 years as a conscientious objector.
In fact, that's what allowed me to escape this movement, I opted for the army and joined the Navy for two years.
I am very respectful of everyone's beliefs, but personally I have become an agnostic.
Did all this influence my emotions? Certainly in part. Deep down, I take full responsibility for my sadomasochistic fantasies.

Spain here, obviously a historically hyper-Catholic country. But many of us are not anything specific nowadays. i sure was baptized as a baby, did my First Communion with the white "mini-bride" dress and, as it is often said here, that was "the First and Last Communion." Those things are done because of the "rump" cultural Catholicism in what used to be "the Bulwark of Christendom" for over 1.5 millennia, and i have a couple (old-ish) "true believers" in my extended family, but that's all. The vast majority of us are secular and have been secular for 3-4 generations by now, i'm full Gen-Z and we're "nones" but for the "weird" guy or girl. Even Astrology or New Age and such stuff isn't as popular as it was in my parents' generation ---i guess we're "the children of the Great Recession" and skeptical and even a bit cynical because of that.

Once said that, i don't think or even 'feel' that these kinks were ever popular here, or if they were, they were in such a highly "sublimated" way that it's unrecognizable. While there's a cultural, historical, aesthetic and worldview basis to develop some serious related kinks for sure, in my case for instance it's also strongly related to having been raised in highly cosmopolitan / touristic areas with lots of "worldy" influences. You won't easily find them in "deep Spain" even where they were doing the mortification of the flesh thing until 3-4 generations ago (as much as i hate it!!!)

Last edited:
No.
But I was raised fully non-denominational christian with a heavy focus on personal interpretation of the bible.

the Man on the cross never interested me because I didn't see other males as sexually interesting until I was in my late 20s. It was tales of female religious martyrs and secular females executed that did it for me.

Back
Top Bottom